hulika

Author Topic: Best guitar solo for you?  (Read 53724 times)

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Best guitar solo for you?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2006, 04:33:41 PM »
Quote from: jeibi16
kirk hammet - fade to black

one of my favourite solos ever! but i prefer the studio version by far because whenever he plays the solo live he uses his wah wah pedal so much and he gets all technical and [gooey brown stuff] and the power of the solo through melody is kinda lost. -_-

foxy lady

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2006, 07:43:16 AM »
Quote from: hello_apocalypse

one of my favourite solos ever! but i prefer the studio version by far because whenever he plays the solo live he uses his wah wah pedal so much and he gets all technical and [gooey brown stuff] and the power of the solo through melody is kinda lost. -_-

"the power of the solo through melody is kinda lost."

By using Wah-wah pedal sir ha!.
Wow..........what a crap!.
Bka hindi ka marunong gumamit ng wah kaya ka insecure kay Kirk Hammet.  Geez!. Kirk Hammet hindi pumasa sa taste mo.
Magaling ka sir.  Pdinig naman ng compo mo.  Post mo dito.
Nang ma enlightened naman kami sa musical ingeniuty mo sir.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2006, 11:45:19 AM »
Quote from: foxy lady

Bka hindi ka marunong gumamit ng wah kaya ka insecure kay Kirk Hammet.  Geez!. Kirk Hammet hindi pumasa sa taste mo.

lol, first of all, "what a crap"? ok, i'm not even gonna bother to make fun of you for that one so... rolling eye emoticon, go! :roll:

and how am i "insecure about kirk hammett"? that doesn't make any sense! when replying to a post in another language, you should actually comprehend it. this'll prevent misunderstandings from happening. :roll:

also, it helps if you know how to value others' opinions. i mean, this is a public forum. :roll:

foxy lady

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:13 PM »

lol, first of all, "what a crap"? ok, i'm not even gonna bother to make fun of you for that one so... rolling eye emoticon, go! :roll:

and how am i "insecure about kirk hammett"? that doesn't make any sense! when replying to a post in another language, you should actually comprehend it. this'll prevent misunderstandings from happening. :roll:

also, it helps if you know how to value others' opinions. i mean, this is a public forum. :roll:

So why don't you value mine, sir!. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
You are a poser.  Insecure to those people who can shred guitars.
Punk poser!

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2006, 05:16:27 PM »
So why don't you value mine, sir!. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
You are a poser.  Insecure to those people who can shred guitars.
Punk poser!

because from your posts, you've gained no respect whatsoever from me to make me value your opinion, retard. and your english sucks, go back to school or don't type in english at all. if you actually had any comprehension you'd know that my comment about kirk hammett was actually praising him, you retard. once again: i prefer the studio version of fade to black's outro solo compared to all the different versions kirk hammet's played live. god, you're so f*cking retarded. :roll:

and how am i a "punk poser"? do you even know what a poser is? :roll:

foxy lady

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2006, 05:30:44 AM »
do you even know what a poser is? :roll:

Wannabee or a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i've avoided this thread because i have too many favourite vocalists, guitarists, bassists, etc. so making a "dream" would be too hard but yeah, i have nothing to do right now so i'll try... :?

vocals ryuichi (luna sea)
guitar sugizo (luna sea)
guitar inoran (luna sea)
bass j (luna sea)
drums shinya (luna sea)

lol! that's luna sea... ummm, ok, i'll try again... ok, it's been a few minutes of thinking and i give up! argh.

You can't think of something but luna sea then now you're telling us that you are actually praising Kirk Hammet. Ok let's take a bit of rewind:

You are not just a poser but a bluff.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2006, 12:20:47 PM »
o... k... so how am i a poser then? who am i pretending to be? you're so stupid! :roll:

yes, my favourite band is luna sea. i was talking about my post regarding the outro solo to fade to black, you f*cking idiot. COMPREHENSION. LOGIC. USE IT. you even quoted me saying that fade to black's one of my favourite guitar solos and still you think i wasn't praising kirk hammett... HOW F*CKING DAFT ARE YOU? can't you understand that i'm saying that i prefer the studio version to the versions he plays live because whenever he plays it live he uses so much wah that the solo doesn't sound as powerful as the studio version? can't you accept that? you're so childish!

finally, a quote from my old username:

Quote from: year2apocalypse
uhhh, this is all i could think of right now and i dunno why this topic is in "pinoy rock". hmmm.

david gilmour (pink floyd) - comfortably numb (live @ pulse)
kirk hammett (metallica) - fade to black
jimi hendrix - little wing
sugizo (luna sea) - ra-se-n (live @ the final act)

do you see that? do you even know that metallica's another one of my favourite bands? WHAT IS YOUR POINT? do you even know why you're arguing with me? you should be banned for trolling, you stupid piece of [gooey brown stuff]. :roll:

foxy lady

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2006, 06:16:59 AM »
o... k... so how am i a poser then? who am i pretending to be? you're so stupid! :roll:

yes, my favourite band is luna sea. i was talking about my post regarding the outro solo to fade to black, you f*cking idiot. COMPREHENSION. LOGIC. USE IT. you even quoted me saying that fade to black's one of my favourite guitar solos and still you think i wasn't praising kirk hammett... HOW F*CKING DAFT ARE YOU? can't you understand that i'm saying that i prefer the studio version to the versions he plays live because whenever he plays it live he uses so much wah that the solo doesn't sound as powerful as the studio version? can't you accept that? you're so childish!

uhhh, this is all i could think of right now and i dunno why this topic is in "pinoy rock". hmmm.

do you see that? do you even know that metallica's another one of my favourite bands? WHAT IS YOUR POINT? do you even know why you're arguing with me? you should be banned for trolling, you stupid piece of [gooey brown stuff]. :roll:

Definitely an Aril Boy Regino fan!

Hehehe!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline jeibi16

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Definitely an Aril Boy Regino fan!

Hehehe!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bwahahahha ang saya saya!!!  :lol:
....\m/....

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2006, 01:53:43 PM »
it's nice to see that intelligent life's still alive and well here on philmusic. :roll:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2006, 10:39:03 AM »
war pigs
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Overbending1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Greatest Guitar Solo of all time
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2006, 12:42:02 AM »
Dimebag Darrell in Cemetery Gates. ipacover mo kahit kanino, tignan natin kung makuha. (and this is not the only seemingly impossible guitar solo of Dime, rest his soul. Iba and detalye ng ginagawa nya, magmula sa bends at paiyak, at sa lagay) Of course, there are also noteworties like van halen's eruption, and yes i agree with Tipton and Downing's Painkiller. The top 1 guita solo of all time in a magazine i read (i forgot which one) is Stairway to Heaven by led Zepp (deserved naman). What about Hendrix in little wing. Maraming attempts na icover yun, dahil astig talaga. Kahit sila SRV, Vai, andy timmons at eric johnson, sinubukan yon. and what about Mr. Crowley by Ozzy/Randy Rhoads? That's a classic solo right there. I'll think about more..
making a guitar solo is similar to writing an essay; you start with words, which make up sentences, fragments, and paragraphs.  but what makes it cohesive is the story, the emotion, the style, the feel, and the passion to express oneself.

Offline Zazza

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2006, 07:57:06 AM »
Neil Zaza - I'm Alright, every thought of you
eric johnson - Cliffs of Dover, Manhattan
Blues Saraceno - a lighter shade of plaid
Marty Friedman - Holy Wars
Eric Shenkman (spin doctors) - two princess, how could you want him
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline Overbending1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
etc
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2006, 11:58:20 PM »
Quote from: emil_murillo
Nadinig ko yun "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".........
'Di ko lang alam kung si Steve Vai o si Yngwie Malmsteen.....
Sobra talaga sa hanep..................... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: ........... 8)  8)

Ah, si steve vai yun.
making a guitar solo is similar to writing an essay; you start with words, which make up sentences, fragments, and paragraphs.  but what makes it cohesive is the story, the emotion, the style, the feel, and the passion to express oneself.

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »
I love Mike McCready's solos.
musicforthemorningafter.

Offline soulmusic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
dimebag lays out some of the most heartfelt, soulful, and sincere solos.  RIP dimebag.
life is music... soul... music... life...

Offline Rock_Fusion

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2006, 02:33:52 PM »
All solos from Richie Kotzen and Greg Howe.  :biggrin:

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: etc
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2006, 02:10:16 AM »
Quote from: Overbending1
Sobra talaga sa hanep..................... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: ........... 8)  8)

Ah, si steve vai yun.

Ah ok!   :)

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
DIMEBAG DARRELL
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »
LAHAT NG KANTA NI DIMEBAG DARRELL ON HIS PANTERA DAYS...MALUPIT TLGA.TOO BAD KINUHA KGAD SYA NI GOD...PERO ASTIG MGA SOLO NYA..

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: DIMEBAG DARRELL
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2006, 03:14:42 PM »
Quote from: charles55
LAHAT NG KANTA NI DIMEBAG DARRELL ON HIS PANTERA DAYS...MALUPIT TLGA.TOO BAD KINUHA KGAD SYA NI GOD...PERO ASTIG MGA SOLO NYA..

si satanas ang kumuha sa kanya hahaha  :twisted: :twisted:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bunny rabbit

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »
di ko alam kung counted to pero.. intro ng  smoke on the water by deep purple.  :P
girls like guys with fast fingers...

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »

Ah, si steve vai yun.

Chris Impellitteri - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
galing sa Stand In Line CD nya
tsaka si Vai din mismo sinabi nya na kay Impelliteri yun
here's the link: http://www.vai.com/FanForum/answers.html

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2006, 06:51:37 AM »
Quote from: zasam_4

Ah, si steve vai yun.

Chris Impellitteri - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
galing sa Stand In Line CD nya
tsaka si Vai din mismo sinabi nya na kay Impelliteri yun
here's the link: http://www.vai.com/FanForum/answers.html

Cool!................................I'll check it!

Offline Garden_Fresh

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2006, 04:52:45 AM »
I like wolfgang solos.  :wink:

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 05:01:04 AM »
Parokya ni Edgar Solos!!!