hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 902510 times)

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #3950 on: March 30, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »
crescendo is marking down their firebird studio non reverse body at less 30%. from 78k to 54.6k.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3951 on: March 30, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »
crescendo is marking down their firebird studio non reverse body at less 30%. from 78k to 54.6k.

YOWN! firebird studio pala yung tawag..

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Firebird/Gibson-USA/2011-Firebird-Studio-Non-Reverse.aspx

hmmm makapagishibashi nga...deym...bad GAS bug bite..

damn pero not bad markdown..54.6k.. sana magprice drop pa to after a few months..

haha whats nice about our taste in guitars is we can take our time a bit since di gaanong mabenta at kapopular mga natritripan natin..haha

sarap salpakan ng bigsby...deym!!! DEYM!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:25:39 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3952 on: March 30, 2014, 02:32:25 PM »
YOWN! firebird studio pala yung tawag..

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Firebird/Gibson-USA/2011-Firebird-Studio-Non-Reverse.aspx

hmmm makapagishibashi nga...deym...bad GAS bug bite..

damn pero not bad markdown..54.6k.. sana magprice drop pa to after a few months..

haha whats nice about our taste in guitars is we can take our time a bit since di gaanong mabenta at kapopular mga natritripan natin..haha

sarap salpakan ng bigsby...deym!!! DEYM!!!

i've long been meaning to purchase a firebird non-reverse body. but the one i want is the firebird-iii w/ tremeolo. sadly, gibson is not currently re-issuing this version. so your best bet is in the 2nd hand vintage market or older models wherein prices are beyond my reach.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3953 on: March 30, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »
^ meron kaya si freedom tom..haha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3954 on: March 30, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
may mga 4,000 dollars na firbird III sa ebay..vintage..hahaha

diemel nalang! nyahaha..

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3955 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »

Im so digging these kids right now...damn mo-fo's!!! freaking awesome and stylish! and they are just kids..I have a feeling these guys will be HUGE!

tsaka si Jake Bugg..

bieber killer
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:49:56 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline markdown

« Reply #3956 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
Guys help naman im looking for a 2nd guitar that will compliment with my vm jag, i have choices like vm jm, epi sg or epi 339

what's your suggestion ba? other guitars are welcome as long that will compliment the jag well :)

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3957 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Guys help naman im looking for a 2nd guitar that will compliment with my vm jag, i have choices like vm jm, epi sg or epi 339

what's your suggestion ba? other guitars are welcome as long that will compliment the jag well :)

Get a Firebird!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3958 on: March 30, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
Get a Firebird!

Firebird III Non reverse  (FIXED) hahahaha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3959 on: March 30, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
Get a Firebird!
Epi firebird from guitarpusha

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3960 on: March 30, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »

you already have a single-coiled guitar, so my suggestion is the epi es-339 so you will have a humbucking guitar. or might go for the es-335 dot.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3961 on: March 31, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

Im so digging these kids right now...damn mo-fo's!!! freaking awesome and stylish! and they are just kids..I have a feeling these guys will be HUGE!

tsaka si Jake Bugg..

bieber killer
its good to bring back rock and roll back its just like the Kinks .. in their tender age will get all the girls in that gig  :-D
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3962 on: March 31, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
Hey offset guitar dudes!

Quick question. So I just purchased a fender modern player mustang and i wanted to ask, does the mastery bridge solve the tuning stability problems, or do you have to get the mastery trem as well? I like the way the cigar bar looks and was hoping I didn't have to change it.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3963 on: March 31, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
Hey offset guitar dudes!

Quick question. So I just purchased a fender modern player mustang and i wanted to ask, does the mastery bridge solve the tuning stability problems, or do you have to get the mastery trem as well? I like the way the cigar bar looks and was hoping I didn't have to change it.

Nothing a good setup won't fix. No need for the Mastery.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline urch

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3964 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
The 1975 talking about their guitars

Offline starkiller

« Reply #3965 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
Hey offset guitar dudes!

the mustang's bad tuning stability is caused partly by the bridge's design, and partly by very low string tension caused by the short scale.  yes, I agree, no need for the mastery bridge.

focus on setting it up for:
1. higher string tension.  shim the neck, raise the bridge (more aggressive break angle), lower the cigar bar, tighten the vibrato springs, and use higher gauge strings
2. and of course, balance the vibrato to its zero point (neither leaning forward now backward).

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3966 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:48 PM »
the mustang's bad tuning stability is caused partly by the bridge's design, and partly by very low string tension caused by the short scale.  yes, I agree, no need for the mastery bridge.

focus on setting it up for:
1. higher string tension.  shim the neck, raise the bridge (more aggressive break angle), lower the cigar bar, tighten the vibrato springs, and use higher gauge strings
2. and of course, balance the vibrato to its zero point (neither leaning forward now backward).

Truth. 11s are usually the go-to string gauge for offsets. Less than that and they require a bit more work. Also, take note that the bridge is supposed to rock back and forth inside the thimble. Make sure that's in the middle. Try messing around with the trem spring placement under the tailpiece rin. Lube the nut as well to make sure it keeps in tune.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3967 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
Truth. 11s are usually the go-to string gauge for offsets. Less than that and they require a bit more work. Also, take note that the bridge is supposed to rock back and forth inside the thimble. Make sure that's in the middle. Try messing around with the trem spring placement under the tailpiece rin. Lube the nut as well to make sure it keeps in tune.

francis, you could make good money being THE go to guy for offset guitar tech and set up sa Pinas! tapos pag nakapag pundar na ng konti, import na ng mga tort, pick guards, mastery bridges and parts sa shop mo..haneeep!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3968 on: March 31, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
francis, you could make good money being THE go to guy for offset guitar tech and set up sa Pinas! tapos pag nakapag pundar na ng konti, import na ng mga tort, pick guards, mastery bridges and parts sa shop mo..haneeep!

Wag kang maingay. Wala pa akong kapital! Haha, just kidding. I plan on selling parts through a recording studio when I raise a little money. I'm not a really good/scientific set-up guy. I just know how to troubleshoot Fender offsets. I'm supremely dumb when it comes to Strats. Teles are a bit kinder tho.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3969 on: April 01, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »
Thanks for the great tips, gentlemen. Glad to know i don't have to replace the stock trem, as it looks awesomely retro.

11's huh? I guess i could make the transition. Was looking into fixing the term like on Kurt Cobain's stang, but having a working term would be much better. Good to know it's an easy fix.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3970 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:08 PM »
finally setup'd my offset after a long period of experimenting, used 11's and removed the buzztop, i like it more without the buzzstop so might sell it, i never thought it was possible but managed to get a very low action without any dead spots, the mustang bridge is a fine upgrade but still need to make it more stable, maybe limit the rocking?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3971 on: April 01, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »
finally setup'd my offset after a long period of experimenting, used 11's and removed the buzztop, i like it more without the buzzstop so might sell it, i never thought it was possible but managed to get a very low action without any dead spots, the mustang bridge is a fine upgrade but still need to make it more stable, maybe limit the rocking?

What bothers you pala about the rocking? If you dip the height screws in nailpolish, it shouldn't lower itself and if you center the legs in their thimbles they shouldn't move around unless you're using the trem, in which case they just come back to zero point. You can palm mute all you want and they should stay in the same place. I used to do metal on my Jazzmaster and it worked fine.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3972 on: April 01, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »
What bothers you pala about the rocking? If you dip the height screws in nailpolish, it shouldn't lower itself and if you center the legs in their thimbles they shouldn't move around unless you're using the trem, in which case they just come back to zero point. You can palm mute all you want and they should stay in the same place. I used to do metal on my Jazzmaster and it worked fine.

I'm not really bothered with the rocking but sometimes when playing really hard with the trem it slips, the lowering of the height screws never happened to me. 

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3973 on: April 01, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »
I'm not really bothered with the rocking but sometimes when playing really hard with the trem it slips, the lowering of the height screws never happened to me.

Did you shim the neck? Also, is your trem set up for the lock button to slide in without pressing on the bar?
Offset guitars for life.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3974 on: April 01, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
Did you shim the neck? Also, is your trem set up for the lock button to slide in without pressing on the bar?

no shim on the neck, yup I managed the setup the trem right, now I can move it without lowering the tension, it was tedious but pulled it off nicely hehe, all i can say is its the most work i've done setting up a guitar hahaha ,  :lol: