hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 903037 times)

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #4025 on: April 18, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
They're usually 500-600 on eBay.

can you post a link on ebay with that price sir.  :-D
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4026 on: April 18, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Just look for thegearpage. It's a forum.

ah, "pre-loved"?  :-D

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4027 on: April 18, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »

Yep. They retail at 800 bnew from any online store. As for eBay it's really the luck of the draw. They pop up every other week. If you search for offsets everyday, you should find some interesting patterns sa market.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4028 on: April 18, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
ah, ok. can you post a link of the TGP's page where they have their price?

What francis said. Got my am std tele for around 25k (nung 40php/$ pa) then got my mom (sorry mom) to haul it back to the Philippines.  :lol:

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4029 on: April 18, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »
Yep. They retail at 800 bnew from any online store. As for eBay it's really the luck of the draw. They pop up every other week. If you search for offsets everyday, you should find some interesting patterns sa market.

ah, ok. i had no luck finding the  prices you mentioned.
anyhow, does that prices include shipping here in the pinas and customs tax? and insurance in case there are damages on the items?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4030 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:20 PM »
There is a $600 CP Jag on the bay as we speak.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4031 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
What francis said. Got my am std tele for around 25k (nung 40php/$ pa) then got my mom (sorry mom) to haul it back to the Philippines.  :lol:

good in you sir. can i borrow your mom?  :lol:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4032 on: April 18, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
Just ask any of our resident shipper dudes to handle that for you. I got my modded BTJM for around $450 landed.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4033 on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »
Just ask any of our resident shipper dudes to handle that for you. I got my modded BTJM for around $450 landed.

ah, ok.

actually, i made a bit of computation:

i was searching the cp jm.

2nd hand cp jag (starting bid)..............$600 = P26,622.00
shipping to new york (johnny air).........$30   = P1,339.50
johnny air to pinas............................................P8,500.00
12% customs tax..............................................P3,215.00

total................................................................ ..P 39,676.00

bought my cp jag + jm @ P 42,500 each at yupangco (with discount). for a P2,824.00 difference, i would rather settle buying here.  :)

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4034 on: April 18, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »

It's also great to note na a pre-loved guitar in TGP lore would most likely be better than buying new. Aside from being extra mint, alot of the guitars are set-up and upgraded pero are still sold for cheaper than brand new. They take care of their gear pretty well.

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4035 on: April 18, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
ah, ok.

actually, i made a bit of computation:

i was searching the cp jm.

2nd hand cp jag (starting bid)..............$600 = P26,622.00
shipping to new york (johnny air).........$30   = P1,339.50
johnny air to pinas............................................P8,500.00
12% customs tax..............................................P3,215.00

total................................................................ ..P 39,676.00

bought my cp jag + jm @ P 42,500 each at yupangco (with discount). for a P2,824.00 difference, i would rather settle buying here.  :)

Yup. Unless you're getting someone to bring it here, halos ganun din talaga yung presyo.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4036 on: April 18, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
If you shipped neck off it wouldn't cost more than 6k landed. You dont pay extra for customs charges either for JAC. I'd say 32k in our money is a huge difference from 42k. If that were the case, bili ka na lang AVRI for 50k shipped.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4037 on: April 18, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »
It's also great to note na a pre-loved guitar in TGP lore would most likely be better than buying new. Aside from being extra mint, alot of the guitars are set-up and upgraded pero are still sold for cheaper than brand new. They take care of their gear pretty well.

imho, that is a subjective opinion sir. in the 2nd hand market, there is no guarantee that all items are in good condition. even the word "good" has a certain gauge or degree to it.

anyhow, i do not mind buying 2nd hand as long as they are vintage or out of production types.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4038 on: April 18, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
If you shipped neck off it wouldn't cost more than 6k landed. You dont pay extra for customs charges either for JAC. I'd say 32k in our money is a huge difference from 42k. If that were the case, bili ka na lang AVRI for 50k shipped.

the 32k total you gave is a conservative price for a used cp jag/jm.

anyhow, since i am planning in purchasing a '65 avri jm in the near future, probably i'll take that route you suggested (except for the neck detachment).  :)

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4039 on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
imho, that is a subjective opinion sir. in the 2nd hand market, there is no guarantee that all items are in good condition. even the word "good" has a certain gauge or degree to it.

anyhow, i do not mind buying 2nd hand as long as they are vintage or out of production types.

Haha yeah. Forgot to note na I'm comparing the tgp used market sa classifieds sa'ten. For some reason, mahirap makakita ng mint talaga sa'ten. Laging may hidden scratch or bump. Based on my experience anyway.  :)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4040 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »
minsan maiisip mo..close to 50k for a mexican offset...samantalang american standard strats or teles with complete case candy, OHSC...naisasale ng yupangco ng 35k..sa buy one take one deals nila...would you sacrifice "cool" for an american standard na mas mura?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4041 on: April 18, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
most of my offsets came from evilbay monitoring -sleepless nights and praying to arrived here unbroken ... to your computation shoegeezer does not have the hard case yet.... come to think of it, if its available here better grab it!  :nosebleed:
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4042 on: April 18, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
most of my offsets came from evilbay monitoring -sleepless nights and praying to arrived here unbroken ... to your computation shoegeezer does not have the hard case yet.... come to think of it, if its available here better grab it!  :nosebleed:

yeah agreed, offsetsare a special rare bunch...they arent like strats or teles or lespauls na lahat ng tao meron at lahat ng shops meron..if you can find it locally..grab it and just accept the price of the premium..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4043 on: April 18, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »

yeah agreed, offsetsare a special rare bunch...they arent like strats or teles or lespauls na lahat ng tao meron at lahat ng shops meron..if you can find it locally..grab it and just accept the price of the premium..

Personally, I wouldn't spring for any of the Fenders sa Yupangco unless they're Asian made. The amount they add to an MIA or MIM price tag just doesn't justify itself knowing you could get it cheaper if you could do away with the storefront experience. The VM Squiers and MP Fenders however come at a really good price point so thanks, Yupangco!

In the end, they're just blocks of wood with metal parts and electronics in them. I get that there is a lot involved in terms of intangible value but they're just tools. New, vintage, mint, beaten-up they're all the same. If you miss out this time meron pang darating. Great if you have the money and trust in the value that comes with the store experience but if you really have specific needs, there are other ways. Learning to solder and set guitars up saves a lot of trouble.

In other news, HSH superstrats with Kahlers are the next big thing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:51:04 PM by treblinkalovescene »
Offset guitars for life.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4044 on: April 18, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
It is still too late for me to get and make a project offset  guitar . knowledge is average and availability is hard for parts ! it takes time and knowledge !  our lives still on a third world .. we have no choice but to spend the money in the bank  :nosebleed: I wish i could do a project offset guitar like a jaguar with jm pick ups with a super sonic neck  :wave: in a johnny marr circuitry :idea:
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4045 on: April 18, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »
It is still too late for me to get and make a project offset  guitar . knowledge is average and availability is hard for parts ! it takes time and knowledge !  our lives still on a third world .. we have no choice but to spend the money in the bank  :nosebleed: I wish i could do a project offset guitar like a jaguar with jm pick ups with a super sonic neck  :wave: in a johnny marr circuitry :idea:

Kaya naman yan pag may patience ka. Don't stopppp believingggggg
Offset guitars for life.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4046 on: April 19, 2014, 12:14:31 AM »
franz check this out its funny !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pvj6l8a0mo we can do this with an offset pick guard! :lol:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4047 on: April 19, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
franz check this out its funny !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pvj6l8a0mo we can do this with an offset pick guard! :lol:

Punyeta naman HAHAHA
Offset guitars for life.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4048 on: April 20, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »
I just did a cover of Rocketship's minor indie pop classic, "Your New Boyfriend." All Jazzmaster, for your listening pleasure. Lol

https://soundcloud.com/loveinathens/love-in-athens-your-new-boyfriend-rocketship-cover
Offset guitars for life.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4049 on: April 20, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »
after upgrading some bits and bobs I think i'm finally happy with this, hehe, although a spitfire pickguard would be awesome , I read they will release a CIJ version soon.  having said all that I'm still gassing for a jazzmaster  :oops:

upgrades are, all of the electronics except the sliders, pots and jack, sjag2 pups, mustang bridge, gotoh vintage style locking tuners.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:06:57 PM by juan_alderete »