hulika

Author Topic: My Trip to HK and AD hehe  (Read 759 times)

Offline Rodster

My Trip to HK and AD hehe
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:37:27 AM »
ei friends, just want to share with you my breathtaking experience in hk

I went to this shop called 'tom lee music' the biggest (and perhaps the only music shop company in hk). in cameron rd, kowloon.

My golly! the place is sooo huge and loaded with all our desire brands...wala nga lang rickenbacker as i was hoping. pero, the fenders there were so geniune and expensive. a basic fender us strat cost around 10k hkd...so x6...mga 60k php.
Tapos i had the chance to try some gtrs, incl. a gibson semi hollow f-hole electro-acoustic...sarap pag tripan. Then they have a small room filled with PRS lang naman. 33k x 6 = mga 180k, same price with gibson lp. from natural to goldtop. kakatulo ng laway.

then other than the guitars, they also have bass and percs. i was hoping to bring home a kickpad to be used with my newly acquired yamaha ddcc5. kaso its 800hkd tapos 4 months waiting time. d bale na lang hehehehe

May bad experience nga lang ako...i bought a yamaha midi cable for both my keyboards and ddcc5 and a toneport gx, yun pinakalow end. unfortunately, nakalimutan ilagay box o walang laman yun box ng toneport. sad nga ako wen i learned, pero with a quick call, i could retrieve it daw pag balik ng mom ko next week. how much pala ang midi cable for our keyboardists here.....360hkd x6. yun line6toneport...500 hkd x6.

LESSON--always check before paying, kahit sealed pa sya. sakit ng mga chinese (pardon me my brother chinoys), they dont accomodate opening et al. pwera lang testing ng mga madadaling bgay like effects hehehe

may mga mura na items compare here, may mga murang items here na medyo mahal dun.

ex. yun vox amplug ko...mga around 2100 pesos kung hk..i bought it here 1900, audiophile. I bought strings (which i found very cheap and maraming choices there rather than here) fender stainless for gtrs....40hkd x6. and stainless for bass...80 hkd. sa yupangco, mga 700 strings nila. standard lang. 1300 yun sa bass.

another tip...if you need parts like screws for your strat or gibson...i strongly suggest you buy online. stewmac.com. e dun rin naman sila kumukuha hehehe. mahal yun may fender/prs/gibson tatak na parts.

heaven talaga dun mehn. all the hardware and software dun are out of this country and astig. by the way, re softwares....bros...mabuhay ang greenhills. yun band in a box na orig ay 700hkd. x6...4200! e sa ghills, 50/cd x 5 = mga 250 lang. my golly hehehe. i bought pala kahapon dun ng finale songwriter and finale 2007. recommended software ni jc magsalin (thanks man), para sa keyboards ko. i want to explore home recording. too bad wala pa yun toneport interface ko. buti na lang at kayang kaya ng creative live 24-bit yun load ng gtrs, bass, keyboards and ddcc5. 1200 hkd yun finale...50 pesos lang d2 hehehe

Mas mura ng 100percent mga boss dun. kaso kunti na lang choices. mayron na rin d2. astig yun small boss digital recorder. kas0 mga 2k hkd.

anyway, hope u enjoyed my kuwento. if you're in the area...dont miss to check it out. dami dun branches. if anyone of you or relatives/friends na punta dun..il give you a directory.

AD: im selling pala an ernie ball .50 bass 4-strings. bnew. 800 lang. mali kasi nabili ng dad ko sa us. .45 gamit ko e. cheap noh? just sharing my blessing in a different way heheheh hindi na uso libre e =)

text me na lang. 09178576329.

rody, l5r.