hulika

Author Topic: FreedomTom the German..  (Read 68799 times)

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
Re: FreedomTom the German..
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »
baka isa ka sa masasabihan sana ng you're wasting my time..

i do have a word man. ask lazer if i did make a reserve and bought a gear a day after my reservation. siguro nga ganun ang gustong sabihin kasi we didn't meet at both ends but the way he talks during the negotiation it really pisses me off.. I just dont know if he's in the good mood during that time..

gara ah..so you mean di mo pa nakikita yung actual pics nun eh gusto na niya na kunin mo agad?tsk tsk..bumili kasi ako sa kanya ng aria pro II..ang gara lang eh pinatest lang sakin ng nakaclean pero di ko natest ng nakadist..

tignin nio ba sir na ayos lang yung price na binigay niya sakin?kasi 6.5k score ko sa aria..

good price yun..
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
bakit naman magiging sapilitan? di ka naman nya tututukan ng baril and force u to buy the guitar. he'll hand it to you, and you can test it, examine it, ask him about it. hes fair in that sense and he won't FORCE you to buy anything you're not up to buy. Nasayo nalang yon if he's a good enough salesman to grease you and make a pitch.

and in my opinion hindi naman siya kagaya ng other buy and sell dudes where they're desperate to sell their guitars. this is his living naman kaya he can afford to make potential buyers go to his house to make a sale. its like audiophile, jb, or yamaha in my opinion. the stores don't go to you and do meet ups to sell their guitars. and besides, tom's guitars are awesome naman kaya its a nice trip din to go to his place and see them! :-D

two cents ko lang to.  :-)

yah i Know stores dont go to you but the customer is always right.
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline amacatan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »
kung yung text speak e bawal at sinisita ng moderator (minsan binubura pa yung post mismo), wala bang moderator na sisita kung pano mag-post si freedomtom?

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
kung yung text speak e bawal at sinisita ng moderator (minsan binubura pa yung post mismo), wala bang moderator na sisita kung pano mag-post si freedomtom?

hmmmmmm....+1

Offline phektus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
syempre wala, german sya eh, pinoy lang tayo, kaya ok lang sya mag ganun.  :lol:
beautiful, beautiful music

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »
syempre wala, german sya eh, pinoy lang tayo, kaya ok lang sya mag ganun.  :lol:
hehe tama kaya nga po PHILMUSIC hindi GERMANMUSIC... :-)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2009, 06:59:30 AM »

not true. madaming ads nya ang nadelete 'coz of it didn't follow the rules. the mods here are quite fair.

a few tips on when to deal w/ tom:

1. you are selling an item and you are in a rush. if you sell here in pm chances are it may take weeks before you find a buyer.

2. you want to upgrade and is considering a trade. what are the chances that the guitar you want is owned by someone who likes to trade with your guitar? with tom you can choose any of his items for trade with your item (with cash to cover the difference).

3. you want a wider selection of gears for your budget and the option to compare them side by side. tell him on the spot how much is your budget and what type of guitar you want. he will offer what fits your budget and you can try them all. you can't do that if you buy in pm.

when not to deal with tom:

1. when you are not in a hurry. you can find the best deals here in pm if you have the patience to wait and cash is always ready. research on the price of the item you want and wait wait wait.. hoping to get first crack on a great deal.

2. if you can't haggle. tom is a businessman. he will do his best to get the better deal in order for him to sell your item at market price. he will not buy your item if he will sell it at a loss. however, i heard of some forumers who were able to get very good deals and tom admitted letting go of items at very low margin for various reasons -- sometimes for the simple reason that the kid likes the item so much.

3. you have no cash in hand or isn't decided yet on buying. when you go to his place make sure that you are ready to buy or trade and at what price. research on the item you want beforehand. if you find the item you like and you see no problem with it then buy it. if you don't like it just say you don't like it and go. this is what makes his place different from music stores where it is okay to spend hours testing gears with no intention of buying.

why do you have to go to his place?

1. you are not the only buyer or seller for the day. he deals with more people in a given day than most forumers here. travelling to get to your place means another guy cannot be entertained due to time lost in travelling. of course he will go to your place if you are selling a high valued item.

2. you have more options to choose from and you can test the item you want. want to test a gibson or a fender? thru a mesa or an ampeg? tube or ss?  how does it sound with a pedal? he always tells me to test the item before buying. it's a luxury that you only get to enjoy in music stores--and music stores don't go to your place.

how to deal with tom:

1. come on time. everyone is scheduled. coming at 3pm when you are scheduled for 2pm means the 3pm guy will have to wait.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2009, 07:52:56 AM »
It's called buy and sell, you can't haggle below what the seller put out to purchase the item. In the long run it's not the price of the item, but how much you want the item.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
It's called buy and sell, you can't haggle below what the seller put out to purchase the item. In the long run it's not the price of the item, but how much you want the item.

thank you for expressing what i wanted to say. yun din ang point ko but i didn't find the right words to say eh.  :-D

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
how to deal with tom:

1. come on time. everyone is scheduled. coming at 3pm when you are scheduled for 2pm means the 3pm guy will have to wait.

i had an apointment with him at 1. i got there before 1 but he entertained me mga mag 1:30 na. He made me wait outside his door pa.  :-(. He was 'answering his texts' pa daw.

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
i had an apointment with him at 1. i got there before 1 but he entertained me mga mag 1:30 na. He made me wait outside his door pa.  :-(. He was 'answering his texts' pa daw.
That's rude...

Offline eArL JaM

• Netizen Level
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
Ey, sir, thanks for posting this. Relatively, I'm still a "newbie" here so everything is I see/read here is basically a learning experience too. Just wanna say that I saw his classified threads. Man! I don't know what to say!(?) Been thinking of dealing with him someday. Good thing I saw this. A very informative and helpful heads-up for me regarding this person.

Thumbs-up and peace!

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »

must be something really important. When im there he literally tells the long staying guy to decide if he wants to buy or not coz he has another appointment. Even when im copying his pics from his cam he tells me that hes got guys coming in xx time. When im texting him he tells me if i have visitors coming. Thats why he prefers not to negotiate via txt coz its faster by phone or face to face.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »

hmmmmmm....+1

You and YOu...the both of you...hahahaha!

in case you don't know...off the record: may warning na yan..kaya nga mas ok na yung spelling.  as for the "plus" signs... I don't see anything wrong with that its just using "&"...

..at hindi text spelling yun, "r2d2" spelling ang gamit ni Tom.

On the record:  Patas patas lang tayong lahat. 
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2009, 01:40:20 PM »
not true. madaming ads nya ang nadelete 'coz of it didn't follow the rules. the mods here are quite fair.

o ito pala, sinagot na ni Roy...

just because you don't see what's behind the curtain doesn't mean no one's being reprimanded...

in fact..I've reprimanded some of my friends. one even got kicked. two have received their final warning..and have deleted some bumps from co-mods.

okay...off topic na 'to...doon kayo sa forum suggestions magpaliwanag.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
I really find him a RIDICULOUS MAN

He demands like crazy and yet won't buy your opinion.... :|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
must be something really important. When im there he literally tells the long staying guy to decide if he wants to buy or not coz he has another appointment. Even when im copying his pics from his cam he tells me that hes got guys coming in xx time. When im texting him he tells me if i have visitors coming. Thats why he prefers not to negotiate via txt coz its faster by phone or face to face.

but how about those who also have important things to do bro? text is very affordable & the most convenient medium for anyone of us here..we do it anywhere we are, anytime of the day.

most if not all use land line for calls & mobile primarily for text.. sa mga ganito, ikaw ba pag nasa sasakyan ka na, bababa kapa sa bus o jeepney para matawagan si Tom pag may inquiry ka?..until now ba di nya pa rin kaya mag text ng matino? dapat matuto na sya..we should consider our fellow musicians.. should be the majority adjust to his style or the other way around bros?

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »

but how about those who also have important things to do bro? text is very affordable & the most convenient medium for anyone of us here..we do it anywhere we are, anytime of the day.

most if not all use land line for calls & mobile primarily for text.. sa mga ganito, ikaw ba pag nasa sasakyan ka na, bababa kapa sa bus o jeepney para matawagan si Tom pag may inquiry ka?..until now ba di nya pa rin kaya mag text ng matino? dapat matuto na sya..we should consider our fellow musicians.. should be the majority adjust to his style or the other way around bros?

I'm with you on this 100% bro but fact of the matter is, they'll just tell you not to go to Tom if you can't stand his business practices. hasel pero ganun talaga

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
Namiss yata yung keyword-dont NEGOTIATE sa txt. It is okay to ask sa txt but to negotiate is time consuming, expensive and confusing sa txt. If you txt 10 times sa 5 buyers thats 50. Tapos minsan tagal pa sumagot so you wait. Then next na txt iba na pala kausap mo. Multiply that by the number of items and corresponding buyers ewan ko lang kung di ka mapraning.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
kung nakapraning man, hayaan natin sino mapapraning.. he's got to live with it, hes making business in the place called the text capital in asia.

tayo ba pag nasa kanila, pwede kaya nating gawin ang ginagawa ni Tom sa kapwa nating musikero...?

Ex. nasa Germany ka, and you engage in big buy and sell business without paying tax to the gov't, you demand them to txt you for negotiations(baligtad ha), go to your place, come on this time for appoinment, you bad mouth many of those who are interested in your stuff, half naked you make deals . do you think its a nice scene to look at bros?

ang problema kasi pala kay Tom, parang JB o yupangco pala business nya e dapat mag apply na sya business permit at mag hire ng staff..

@ Royc, since you seem to be very close to Tom and theres nothing wrong with it. MAy I ask you these bro,

1. Since you can't test the stuff you are buying in a longer time because some other guys are coming, what does he do, if the stuff turns out to be defective? May warranty ba tulad sa music store?

2. is he paying taxes to the gov't?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
i met tom twice na. nung first time, naunahan ako ng other guy pumasok so i had to wait for them to finish negotiating. after 15 mins tumigil na sila sa pag test ng guitars because di na sila nagiingay and i heard raised voices. nung una mejo casual at superficial laughters then at some point, his front door opened and the seller came out carrying his guitars and uttered, "magulo kausap yan pare!" to my face and continued to storm out. Tom smiled and said "hehehehe he's crazy".
Tom in my opinion is a negotiator. He may not be a professionally spoken business man but he is a good guitar salesman kasi thats his living here in manila and i dont think he napulot nya lang lahat ng good guitars nya. yun ang trabaho nya here and i can't really blame him if mambarat siya. he's not like us sa classifieds trying to sell our guitars just to buy a new guitar or some effects. yun talaga ang bread and butter nya dito. Otherwise he wouldn't be home halfnaked in the middle of the day!  :-D

eto para sa akin ang good points at bad points ni tom:

good points:
1. hes got lotsa guitars!
2. hes got lotsa rare and excellent guitars!
3. hes got tons of amps and effects
4. he'll take any fender or gibson or any branded guitar off your hands for the price he sees fit(regardless if you like the price or not). unlike other buyers na 'dude wait lang ah ipon lang ako'. so if he likes your guitar he'll give you his price and sell it to you agad right then and there.

bad points
1. he deals half naked!
2. he has excessive body odor
3. he sells amps with scratchy pots :lol:
4. he sells guitars he bought for 4k for 14k. as in malakas siya magpatong. he wont sell a guitar unless he sells it for more than the price he got it. yun ang napansin ko talaga sakanya.
5. he doesnt do meet ups
6. he's really good at making you feel bad about your gear
7. he's not punctual din! he told me to come at 1. i came at 1 exacto. and he made me wait outside his door until 1:25. di man lang nya ako pinapasok.

I haven't heard any 'fake' or 'knock-off' guitar stories about tom pero mukang authentic at satisfactory naman ang mga guitars na binebenta nya. A word of caution nalang. To those who will deal with him, talk to him on the phone muna and get your possible deal straight before going there. You should describe all the details of the item over the phone muna. That way, you'll know at what price you can get out of him para di na kayo mag aksaya ng time going there. I told him the price of the amp i sold him over the phone and when i went there to sell him the amp, we didn't have to beat around the bush to settle the deal anymore.

this is not pangsisira to tom in anyway. Im sure you guys know din what he's like and how he deals. just wanted to share my experiences. Tom is a cool guy din naman. If you sell him something cool and make him your friend he'll give you goodies din like pedals or other gear for free.

ano kaya mararamdaman o reaction ng mga germans pag ginawa to ng isang pilipino don sa kanilang bansa sa germany..

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2009, 10:57:02 PM »
Warranty? Nung bumili ako sa kanya 1st time ko sya mameet sabi nya puede ko daw ibalik kung may problema. Tax? Im sure you know that it is the buyer and not the seller who pays 12%vat.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2009, 07:04:12 AM »
Warranty? Nung bumili ako sa kanya 1st time ko sya mameet sabi nya puede ko daw ibalik kung may problema. Tax? Im sure you know that it is the buyer and not the seller who pays 12%vat.

bro good a.m, ibig po nyo ba sabihin, may kasama na 12% vat don pag may bumili kay Tom? di mas lalong dapat mag apply na sya business permit..mag hire sya sales agents, kasi ang alam ko pati jewelries,mobile phones, diamonds engaged din sya, so he can stop mishaving na..kasi you din naman nagbibigay picture kung gaano talaga kadami ang stuff ni Tom... parang JB o salonga na yan. sa post mo nga meron naiioffer si Tom na di pwede sa music store.

pag may business permit na sya ay may store solve na mga problema natin, he will be obliged to treat his clients as customers who are always right. and he will not only give anyone a word of warranty..

if ako kasing close mo kay Tom,

1. I will encourage him to stop misbehaving & remind him he's in our place, he should start respecting not only to few but everyone.

2. I will teach him how to post pics in the ads and how to text rightly, sayang madami pa naman sya ata mobile phones.

3. and I will let him know pinag uusapan sya dito sa forum so he can respond accordingly.

(Bro, may I clarify di ko sinasabi na di gaano maganda ginagawa mo, if ako lang nasa kalagayan mo yan ang gagawin ko). God bless you more

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2009, 10:57:42 AM »
ngayon ko lang napansin si freedomtom

bro good a.m, ibig po nyo ba sabihin, may kasama na 12% vat don pag may bumili kay Tom? di mas lalong dapat mag apply na sya business permit..mag hire sya sales agents, kasi ang alam ko pati jewelries,mobile phones, diamonds engaged din sya, so he can stop mishaving na..kasi you din naman nagbibigay picture kung gaano talaga kadami ang stuff ni Tom... parang JB o salonga na yan. sa post mo nga meron naiioffer si Tom na di pwede sa music store.

pag may business permit na sya ay may store solve na mga problema natin, he will be obliged to treat his clients as customers who are always right. and he will not only give anyone a word of warranty..

if ako kasing close mo kay Tom,

1. I will encourage him to stop misbehaving & remind him he's in our place, he should start respecting not only to few but everyone.

2. I will teach him how to post pics in the ads and how to text rightly, sayang madami pa naman sya ata mobile phones.

3. and I will let him know pinag uusapan sya dito sa forum so he can respond accordingly.

(Bro, may I clarify di ko sinasabi na di gaano maganda ginagawa mo, if ako lang nasa kalagayan mo yan ang gagawin ko). God bless you more

customer is always right medyo may debate pa dyan pero yung iba... agree ako sa opinion mo

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »
wow, parang may bagong discussion na naman about Tomas dun dito;
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,126184.0.html
  :-D