hulika

Author Topic: FreedomTom the German..  (Read 68800 times)

Offline S.I.M.A

• Netizen Level
Re: FreedomTom the German..
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
 :-D
Procastinate productively

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
moral of the thread?

dealing with tom requires too much patience, self control and luck.

its his style of business, this thread popped out because of that, people are seeing it, and the result is that tom's not gonna have a better revenue compared to 2007.

+1. is he still selling overseas? guitars/equipment that he bought here?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
tom have tried to message me a couple of times thru text and PM regading the items that i'm selling...

since ibang number, tatanong ko kung sino...isasagot nya, tawag daw ako sa landline...and i know his landline number...di ako tumatawag sa kanya, i dont want to deal with someone that with that kind of attitude...Ku&#L eh...! :x

there was one instance that he called my cellphone regarding an epi LP that i was selling,binabarat nya ng todo...i just said to him that, if you dont like my price...find another person that will sell you a piece of crap in that amount...wala ko panahon magpabola sa mga kwento at "vintage' items nya...

INGAT lang mga bro...there are other options in getting a good piece of gear... as for me, i dont want to deal with him even for a "guitar pick"...

8-) 8-) 8-)

black moon creeping...

Offline bentoinks

• Veteran Member
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
hehehe i guess sorry tom, i wonder if hes read this thread, or even if he did, wonder if he understood what people say bout him :-D
When World War III begins, get as many boss pedals as you can and build your fallout shelter out of them - you may not survive but they will :-D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »
tom have tried to message me a couple of times thru text and PM regading the items that i'm selling...

since ibang number, tatanong ko kung sino...isasagot nya, tawag daw ako sa landline...and i know his landline number...di ako tumatawag sa kanya, i dont want to deal with someone that with that kind of attitude...Ku&#L eh...! :x

there was one instance that he called my cellphone regarding an epi LP that i was selling,binabarat nya ng todo...i just said to him that, if you dont like my price...find another person that will sell you a piece of crap in that amount...wala ko panahon magpabola sa mga kwento at "vintage' items nya...

INGAT lang mga bro...there are other options in getting a good piece of gear... as for me, i dont want to deal with him even for a "guitar pick"...

8-) 8-) 8-)

+1 again
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:52 PM »
wala pa rin bang comment si Tom? :roll:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »
Only the person who posted the message can delete it. All pics are posted by me while all ads are posted by him. So I was able to delete the pic but had to wait until tom logs in 'coz only he can edit the ad :-) ( fair division of labor  :-))

In business correspondence you usually say "us" instead of I when you represent the company. Since you have been clamoring that I talk to tom I did what you asked me when the issue came out. It wouldn't have been proper for me to say "I" since it was tom who was thankful for notifying him. But then I represent him since I am the one who posted the message. It is therefore correct for me to use "us" instead of "I". At least that's what I learned in high school :-)
[/b]

I didn't say you're mistaken in using " us.. " bro. I was wondering..You should have learned in high school how to read between the lines too. But alas you settled for something less.

Bro surely you are not representing a company because as everyone knows now, Tom is not registered and has no business permit. But you said you represent him since you are the one who posted the message, are there any other reasons bro?

I could see that you have a fair division of labor, and the way you talk and you presented him each time you defend tom, it looks like you're a sales person, even teaching us to learn into his style, and giving an impression that Toms offers more than the legitimate stores can. not to mention Tom came into picture again with you posting the photos because he is computer challenged. you eluded these questions asked before by two furomites, wala naman seguro masama if itatanong ko uli, dahil nagtataka ako si Tom deadma lang at ikaw naha high blood minsan. No vague answers this time pls, are you his business partner and his agent in commission basis bro ? there's nothing wrong naman e. sana nga you'll educate Tom at mahawa sya sa business ethics mo.. :-)

But before I forget, you did not answer why pics # 148 was pulled out in a hurry. gusto din sana namin makita yon e. binura mo ng mabilisan, bakit bro?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 05:07:03 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline S.I.M.A

• Netizen Level
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:33 PM »
Solid tong' thread....very educational sa part ng mga viewers.
Procastinate productively

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »
Solid tong' thread....very educational sa part ng mga viewers.
i agree...educational, and sometimes amusing. :-D
Just wondering why tom is just sitting thru all these questions, and i guess i'm sure he's read this..naka-lurker mode lang ata. :wink:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2009, 05:25:28 AM »
Tom will talk to the seller to verify this info as well as open the guitar to check. In the meantime pics of #148 has been pulled out and the ad for it will either be removed or corrected when tom goes online later.

Thank you for notifying us we appreciate it.

pls update us the result of the verification.. who knows this is the handiwork of the person in other country whom Tom was telling you. :wink:

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2009, 06:01:29 AM »
@slowhandpal:

1. Yes you are correct. I am a sales person myself. Before that I was a technical person. Before that I am a co-founder of a startup ecommerce company. Before that I was a proprietor of my own software company. Even before that I worked for a foreign embassy where I learned to understand the difference in cultures. The list goes on and on. What else do you want to know?

2. I removed the pics because I don't like tom to sell something that is questionable. I will put back the pics after the issue has been corrected.

3. The word company does not always mean a registered commercial company. Since you may be too busy to find out its definition for yourself I googled one for you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/company

Simply stated your friends can be called your company.

4. I didn't post the message--I posted the pics. Perhaps you should try reading my post carefully before commenting.

My association with tom was born out of forumers' request for him to post pictures. I read that request on every ad he makes. If you read page 1 of this thread this was the reason toybitz created this thread. Here it is in case you forgot it:

I hope he'll start posting 'em guitar and amp collection that's either for sale or for keeps.

So when tom told me he has problems posting pics and was looking for someone who can do it for him I offered my services to him.

Why? I am a philmusic addict. I go to philmusic when I wake up in the morning, after office and before I go to bed. I even use my celfone to go to philmusic while waiting for client meetings to start. I help my friends find good stuff in philmusic. I am always looking for an alibi to visit philmusic.

I am also a quite interested in vintage gear. Sure I can google about them but a visit to tom's place is like going to a library or museum. You get to see what you can normally just read. And I get to keep the pictures too. It is like an educational tour!

Do I get compensated for all the trouble? I would be stupid if I don't accept one. Unlike friendster where even your niece can easily upload pics, in philmusic you have to upload pics somewhere else, copy the link, create a reply in philmusic and paste the link. You think that's it? No! You get an error message that makes you wonder if your post came through or not so you double check until you are sure that it did. I'm sure you know how many gears tom has for sale.

Is my compensation from tom enough? Honestly no. It's better to call it a tip. My salary is several times the minimum wage. The extra cash I get somewhere else are more than the minimum wage. If I compute the gas, time I spend to go to his place and update the pics vs my hourly rate the tip I get is not enough to cover it. Yes I'm a fool but I love posting the pics and looking at his guitars so I don't mind.

So why am I representing tom? 'Coz you don't have the guts to tell him yourself. I read what I believe is an important issue and relay it to him. Then I post his reply.

You see I love philmusic and I do what I can to help. I don't just sit back and complain. You are not aware of it but I am currently working with jim and chette to have the server transferred to our data center and hopefully improve the user experience. For free. You don't know who they are? Ask the mods :-)

So what have you done for philmusic lately?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:18:07 AM by royc »

Offline bentoinks

• Veteran Member
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »
last line reminded me of Wanted :-D he has a point tho
When World War III begins, get as many boss pedals as you can and build your fallout shelter out of them - you may not survive but they will :-D

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »
@slowhandpal:

1. Yes you are correct. I am a sales person myself. Before that I was a technical person. Before that I am a co-founder of a startup ecommerce company. Before that I was a proprietor of my own software company. Even before that I worked for a foreign embassy where I learned to understand the difference in cultures. The list goes on and on. What else do you want to know?

2. I removed the pics because I don't like tom to sell something that is questionable. I will put back the pics after the issue has been corrected.

3. The word company does not always mean a registered commercial company. Since you may be too busy to find out its definition for yourself I googled one for you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/company

Simply stated your friends can be called your company.

4. I didn't post the message--I posted the pics. Perhaps you should try reading my post carefully before commenting.

My association with tom was born out of forumers' request for him to post pictures. I read that request on every ad he makes. If you read page 1 of this thread this was the reason toybitz created this thread. Here it is in case you forgot it:

I hope he'll start posting 'em guitar and amp collection that's either for sale or for keeps.

So when tom told me he has problems posting pics and was looking for someone who can do it for him I offered my services to him.

Why? I am a philmusic addict. I go to philmusic when I wake up in the morning, after office and before I go to bed. I even use my celfone to go to philmusic while waiting for client meetings to start. I help my friends find good stuff in philmusic. I am always looking for an alibi to visit philmusic.

I am also a quite interested in vintage gear. Sure I can google about them but a visit to tom's place is like going to a library or museum. You get to see what you can normally just read. And I get to keep the pictures too. It is like an educational tour!

Do I get compensated for all the trouble? I would be stupid if I don't accept one. Unlike friendster where even your niece can easily upload pics, in philmusic you have to upload pics somewhere else, copy the link, create a reply in philmusic and paste the link. You think that's it? No! You get an error message that makes you wonder if your post came through or not so you double check until you are sure that it did. I'm sure you know how many gears tom has for sale.

Is my compensation from tom enough? Honestly no. It's better to call it a tip. My salary is several times the minimum wage. The extra cash I get somewhere else are more than the minimum wage. If I compute the gas, time I spend to go to his place and update the pics vs my hourly rate the tip I get is not enough to cover it. Yes I'm a fool but I love posting the pics and looking at his guitars so I don't mind.

So why am I representing tom? 'Coz you don't have the guts to tell him yourself. I read what I believe is an important issue and relay it to him. Then I post his reply.

You see I love philmusic and I do what I can to help. I don't just sit back and complain. You are not aware of it but I am currently working with jim and chette to have the server transferred to our data center and hopefully improve the user experience. For free. You don't know who they are? Ask the mods :-)

So what have you done for philmusic lately?

Hi sir,, i guess the question here is what have "tom" done to "us" lately, i mean,,yes we visit this site almost everyday and we get upset once we saw errors on our monitor, pero the real question here is(especialy to this thread) Freedomtom,,how he do his so called strategic business , how he treats his/her customers, how he performs in "manipulating"(sorry sa term pero yun ang naisip kong appropriate eh)people just to get or should i say makalamang lang siya sa deal, pano ko nasabi ito? cause we made deals na,,the problem with that lang is that hindi kame nagkasundo sa price and all,,and masama pa dun,,he would make lait lait to you pa,,,evidence? read page 1-to this page and you will see madaming nababadtrip,, and i dont question your relationship with tom, labas naku doon, and the answer to your question,, :wink:

So what have you done for philmusic lately?--nagpopost ng mga natutunan sa pakikipagdeal kay tom good or bad man siya at least people will know how he do business...... :roll: pero wait diba ang definition ng business is "A business ( is a legally recognized organization designed to provide goods and/or services to consumers."?  :roll: :lol:
AMMK!!!

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
for me,

there really is no "big deal" difference in dealing with tom compared with dealing with other buy and sellers. nagiging interesting topic lang ito maybe because mostly high end ung items niya and, if i may add, yung issue re sa citizenship niya (which i won't tackle anymore)

ive been in his pad a couple of times. room filled with amps, guitars, pedals, a sofa set. i thought, if i were tom, andami ko na sanang na-popost sa philmusic, livebands, ebay, bidshot, etc. si tom kasi nung time na yun, sa Buy&Sell paper ads lang. i would have offered to help him to sell his items using the internet but i still don't have enough means. so siguro, its the same with sir royc. im sure most of us will agree that it's a different pleasure for a gearhead to handle such items even just by holding, testing or even just by taking photos of them. syempre, for the part of the owner of the items, that would be a big help, so normal lang na every now and then may tip yung tumulong sa kanya.
inggit nga ko e. hehehe  :lol:

as for his items. napagusapan na rin naman yung issue of authenticity.
if somebody's selling an item claiming it as something else, a prospective buyer
can either fall for the trap or decline. sinabi kong "trap" kasi may ibang sellers na aware and nanlalamang ng buyers. but there are also those who commit honest mistakes in which a buyer can also infom and guide the seller. though it boils down to the responsibility of the seller and buyer to research about a certain item before(and even after) transactions. si tom, hindi masyadong "a-n-a-l" re sa condition ng items. siguro as long as may worth ung item, ok sa kanya. that might also be a reason kung bakit di masyadong detailed ang mga post niya. meron rin kasing buyer na pag gusto ang isang item, kahit anong cosmetic condition basta functional, bibilhin.

on pricing. syempre business niya na ang pag buy&sell. main goal is to acquire at the lowest possible price and sell significantly higher. ganun lahat, sa palengke, sa dept store etc. so, most people nagsasabing "ang mahal mahal niya magbenta ng items na ang baba niya namang nakuha".  like sa Classifieds, it's the sellers right to sell his items sa price na gusto niya. now, si tom, he has this luxury kasi hindi naman siya nagmamadaling madispose items niya. unlike ng iba sa atin na pag nagipit, kahit palugi, ibibigay. so before dealing with anyone, make sure that both sides agree on the transaction details, specifically sa price, before pursuing. di ko lang alam if applicable to dun sa ibang mga nakausap ni tom. strategy na siguro yung pag lait niya sa items ng seller. i mean, its the same as tv commercials: "brand X, mas matagal matunaw kesa brand Y", that sort of stuff. i don't know, di ko naman kasi siguro didibdibin if laitin ng kung sino items ko.  :-D

on taxes (!?!!?!?) i still dont get it if bakit napagusapan to dito sa thread. if yung tax dahil sa pag-stay dito sa pinas baka pede pa. but tax dahil sa pagba-buy and sell :? 

business ethics, i remembered when we were testing some effects, it was summer. tom was topless, candidly saying "im sweatin lika a buffalo". and no, i didnt bother knowing if he has BO.  :-D

i would really like to go back to his place (if im financially capable).
its been a while since ive been planning on visiting tom again. he might have something im looking for

napahaba na ata reply ko. hehehe. 
antagal na kasing usapan to, nagkataon na ala kong ginagawa.
 okay naman makipagdeal kay tom. problem ko lang pag pumupunta ako sa kanya, nauubusan ako ng english.  :lol:

bottom line is: sa buy and sell, wala namang pilitan.
like the song goes...... kung ayaw mo, huwag mo. 

:wink:

Offline bentoinks

• Veteran Member
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
whats up with everyone coming up with essay rebuttals :-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2009, 05:53:55 PM »

LOL! My thoughts exactly.

Keep it cool here, guys. I wouldn't want to lock this thread.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
Tom will talk to the seller to verify this info as well as open the guitar to check. In the meantime pics of #148 has been pulled out and the ad for it will either be removed or corrected when tom goes online later.

Thank you for notifying us we appreciate it.

pm sent.

i don' think maganda if i disclose any more information here.

eto YM ko..

ym=daleywan

we can talk there. total naman wala din laman ang friend list ko dun kaya wala ako ibang kausap. :lol:

Offline TT BOY

• Netizen Level
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
i received a text yesterday that freedomtom is a "scammer"...nagbebenta daw sya ng mga guitar na orig daw ang headstock lang at local na body? "naku?" paktay.....nag iipon pa naman ako para bilin yung rickenbacker nya....ngayon parang nagbago na isip ko ngayon nabasa ko tong thread na to...........TOTOO BA?

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
i received a text yesterday that freedomtom is a "scammer"...nagbebenta daw sya ng mga guitar na orig daw ang headstock lang at local na body? "naku?" paktay.....nag iipon pa naman ako para bilin yung rickenbacker nya....ngayon parang nagbago na isip ko ngayon nabasa ko tong thread na to...........TOTOO BA?

nasa yo yan kung kanino ka maniniwala :D

matagal na nabenta yung rick nya na natural ang andun na lang yung rick copy na blue :-)

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
Surely it's not American standard :-). perhaps it's Tom's standard :|. I guess he should start thinking about changing his handle to PreyingTom. :| Sana nga MIJ nga yong body non e, wish ko lang.. :lol:

just an observation:

i dont think tom would price an american standard for 23.5k unless he knew na that it wasn't 100% US.  :-D. If the guitar was all US made and makinis just like that, im guessing hindi bababa sa 35 or 40k ang pag price nya dun. :lol: So i do think he had an idea about it if not totally knew about it. Im kinda skeptical to the idea that the detail of the guitar having an MIJ body just "slipped his mind"

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »
Only the person who posted the message can delete it. All pics are posted by me while all ads are posted by him. So I was able to delete the pic but had to wait until tom logs in 'coz only he can edit the ad :-)

In business correspondence you usually say "us" instead of I when you represent the company. Since you have been clamoring that I talk to tom I did what you asked me when the issue came out. It wouldn't have been proper for me to say "I" since it was tom who was thankful for notifying him. But then I represent him since I am the one who posted the message. It is therefore correct for me to use "us" instead of "I". At least that's what I learned in high school :-)

I'm sorry bro if mali ang basa ko that you are the one who posted the message..I thank you for what you've done to Philmusic. pero pakibasa na rin kaya ulit bro.. :-)

Just got home from Makati, wanna spend a little time with my baby muna & eat some, dahil baka mali na naman basa o pagkakaintindi ko. Tom was so thankful, baka sa yo, I don't see him as a grateful individual.. Ano naman ipagpasalamat nya sa amin..

Thanks a lot for your love to Philmusic, I hope you'll have some too to our fellow musicians who swears never again to deal with an opportunist.

since you were asking me if I have something more to ask, yes I have a few. May I have your friends full name so i can verify tomorrow at the Immigration if his stay here in the Philippines is legal, never mind the illegitimate business.

I envy the way you handle things bro.. I don't mind if you'll become tom's look alike sooner or later wag lang mahawaan ka sa ugali nya.. :-)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:05:41 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
i agree...educational, and sometimes amusing. :-D
Just wondering why tom is just sitting thru all these questions, and i guess i'm sure he's read this..naka-lurker mode lang ata. :wink:

Tom is well represented I guess..

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:15 PM »
ha????totoo ba to?kaya pala......tsk tsk...buset naman!!!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »
this is actually good . It shows guitar players can also write.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #374 on: February 14, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »
this is actually good . It shows guitar players can also write.
:lol: