hulika

Author Topic: where is cubase?  (Read 6998 times)

Offline Rodster

where is cubase?
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:36:16 PM »
ei guys, any idea where i can find a cubase software? ghills ba?

and how is it different from sonar or the other softwares?

thanks

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: where is cubase?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
... if you are referring to non legit software then this is not the place to ask about it...

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline Rodster

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »
ok i'm sori. all along i thought all along that everyone, not all though, been using the version that edu manzano hate the most

my apologie...so where should i post this then?

jakobspiral

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
i think JB sells cubase. :-)

if not, they sell protools for m-audio, maybe you could give that a try because the pros swear by protools.......

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »
ok i'm sori. all along i thought all along that everyone, not all though, been using the version that edu manzano hate the most

my apologie...so where should i post this then?

buy your gear and software like the rest of us.

i know I've been out of the Phil music scene for a number of years now but...what does Edu Manzano know about Cubase?!?!
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »
haha.  only insofar as warez are concerned.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Rodster

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »

i know I've been out of the Phil music scene for a number of years now but...what does Edu Manzano know about Cubase?!?!

well, when it comes to software, i won't be hypocrite to say that i only use the real thing cause frankly, i don't use just one nor stay loyal to a software that long...if i find something better and useful, i won't think twice to shift/change...

now, if you (i mean you, the respondent) can afford to spend good amount of money for...then so be it.

i'm sorry for asking regarding sources. i'll find my way to get the software.

i'm entitled to my own freedom of choice...i chose to buy piracy because of my reason. i only avail of the softwares alone. when it comes to music...i support OPM esp the bands that we look up to by buying original albums.

end of thread

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 09:37:52 PM »
well, when it comes to software, i won't be hypocrite to say that i only use the real thing cause frankly, i don't use just one nor stay loyal to a software that long...if i find something better and useful, i won't think twice to shift/change...

now, if you (i mean you, the respondent) can afford to spend good amount of money for...then so be it.

i'm entitled to my own freedom of choice...i chose to buy piracy because of my reason. i only avail of the softwares alone. when it comes to music...i support OPM esp the bands that we look up to by buying original albums.

end of thread

By saying that, you are saying that you are stealing and committing a crime by choice.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

He's the current chairman of the Optical Media Board (OMB) here in the Philippines.   :)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »

By saying that, you are saying that you are stealing and committing a crime by choice.

+1

He's the current chairman of the Optical Media Board (OMB) here in the Philippines.   :)

mukhang close kayo ah! hehehe wag mo report si rodster ha! hehehe

@rodster

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! wala kang kaaway dito. Peaople here are just saying that making money out of cracked software is like stealing coz Software Development Companies Invest thousands of dollars for programmers to perfect the application and here you are just gonna use a copy of their software but cracked and then eventually will make music for your own consumption. Mejo unfair diba?

If you're saying that you jump into one software to another coz your trying to find out what apps will you be more comfortable... well most of DAW apps has a demo version or LE version... that is way better than getting a crack application.

Just my 2 cents
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 10:31:06 PM »
Or get Freeware.

I used to use pirated sound applications but I realised that it's not quite right, especially when you think about how hard it is to code these things. I decided to go the Freeware route with the mindset that I'd like to learn and eventually execute projects on my DAW without spending too much on software. So far, freeware apps have provided me some stuff that works for my projects and when the time comes that they become too limited,  I'll consider buying programs - and genuine copies, at that.

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 10:54:58 PM »
Forerunner can supply you CUBASE...

buy the software that you use....
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »

end of thread

no-this isn't the end of the thread. i need to follow the logic of this...if I may.

let us see: so you steal software by choice because you use different programs? interesting. and you also justify the choice to steal and support a burgeoning illegal scene because settling on a particular program will be more of a limiting factor to your creativity? ah. so you are basically saying that you knowingly steal  because you want to be free to create and would rather use different things without the burden of investing in one thing which - ultimately - leads to accomplish what all these pieces of software aim to do: produce music. am i right? ah - interesting.

hmm..since I like to paint, eat and listen to music and I want to be free to use as many different kinds of music equipment and listen to as much variety as I can, I should - in theory - be justified in my choice to go into a store and jack as much food, CDs, records and painting supplies as I want, correct? I mean, if you wanna pay for it - thats cool too - but becoming a paying customer would stifle my creativity, now wouldn't it?

In that case, I will be right back...I have to go shoplift a ton of stuff right now that will help be become a more free-thinking creative person. If I am not back in a few hours because I happen to be in jail because your logic is shot, full of holes and silly - Ima hunt you down and have you pay for my bail money and lawyer fees.

I am curious - being that you advocate all this "I-use-stuff-for-free-because-I-have-to" ideology, you wouldn't happen to work for free too, would you?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 02:51:01 AM »
...i'm sorry for asking regarding sources. i'll find my way to get the software...

that's like makin music on a stolen guitar.  it can't get any simpler than that.  it's not even the issue of whether you make money off it.

if you don't like our society's rules, then go off and make your own civilization...  ikaw pa ang hari dun bro.  bisita ako minsan pag may time ako.

DURA LEX SED LEX!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 02:55:53 AM »
by the way, merry christmas sir rodster!

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »
Before buying, you have to demo to get the feel of the workflow and strength base on your preference. You have to understand that one's workflow is different from others. Please note that these are just tools.

Practically, nowadays, DAWs are all capable of professional audio and MIDI tasks and has its share of pros and cons. No DAW is perfect and never will.

Offline Rodster

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »
4) No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content! Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. Posts of this nature will be locked and the IP of the poster logged.

....kit, my apologie. ban me if you must. nagpakatotoo lang ako. i'm guilty to this.

Offline Rodster

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »
Before buying, you have to demo to get the feel of the workflow and strength base on your preference. You have to understand that one's workflow is different from others. Please note that these are just tools.

Practically, nowadays, DAWs are all capable of professional audio and MIDI tasks and has its share of pros and cons. No DAW is perfect and never will.

i know that, i'm not after the perfectness...i'm just after a software that is user friendly and inspiring to use. i'm not into the technical. i'm very positive to myself that i'm not the only one who practice this.

thanks for the thought. i appreciated it. merry christmas

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »
for me, your apology is accepted. the important is, you accepted your mistakes and that's hard to do. remember, where only human.

TO THE MODS,

i think there's no need to ban him. there's always a second chance.

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 10:17:22 AM »
@Rodster,

Actually, I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 7 because it fits my workflow. I use both audio and MIDI. You may try the demo at Cakewalk's website.

Merry Christmas!!!!! :-)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »
@bisaya - while I believe everybody deserves a 2nd chance, I also believe that we MUST do our part to protect the intellectual properties of the people who provide us with the tools of our craft. Are you using the Sonar 7 demo? That expires after a month. I hope you are not using the .torrent version (whose existence I am aware of). I happen to be a registered user of Cubase SL2, and Sonar 4, 5, and 6 and am planning to upgrade to Sonar 7, funds permitting.

@rodster - while I am glad that you are honest enough to admit you use "downloaded" software, your attitude towards piracy is far from commendable. Let's put it this way... Let's say you finally published your songs. Would it be ok for you that five minutes after releasing the CD, mp3s of your songs are already floating around in Limewire or that the entire album could be downloaded via torrent? Or how about people go into Odyssey or even Tower and just pick up your cd and leave without paying? It's like allowing guests to enter your home and have them take whatever they want without your permission. Hmmm... sounds like theft to me, don't you think? Unless, of course, you are well-to-do enough that you are willing to give your music for free. Well... are you?

There are loads of free software out there with which you can make music. Reaper is a very good choice nowadays since it is practically unexpiring donation-ware; I've got it in my pc and I'm evaluating it - still a ways off and it's got a quirky interface, but it's getting there and updates are frequent, plus it's cheap!

You can even get software with certain soundcards. I got Cubase VST 5.5 with my Emu 1820m and I upgraded to SL2 when Cubase/Emu offered a really cheap upgrade. Present Emu cards come with Sonar LE and Cubase LE and both have an upgrade option - very easy to avail of especially if you have relatives in the US.

Ganito lang... if you make money off the software you use, it makes perfect sense to "pay back" what you earned - give credit where credit is due, ika nga. Let's just say it's almost an indescribable feeling of satisfaction when you first install that Cubase dongle or crack open that Sonar manual for the first time; like you've finally joined the big leagues.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 11:43:21 AM »
you could buy my copy of cubase for cheap  :-D it comes with a dongle of course and the peace of mind from using legit software :)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »
Hehe... finally Haze makes an appearance...

Kamusta na ang bagong mix engineer ng... ahem, Sound Creation? (congrats, btw!)
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »
 :-D  thanks Kit  :-D

hehe excited ako sa bagong venture.  get together tayo soon  :-)

FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 12:10:13 PM »
I'm just waiting for the date from Shinji... Pro Audio EB?  :-D