hulika

Author Topic: ARTIST bloodline..  (Read 2701 times)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
ARTIST bloodline..
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »
Do you have an artist bloodline..  musician, painter, actor etc. etc.
Or somewhat close to your bloodline or friends you know who have bloodline of an artist..  Well, i really don't wanna boast about it but i seem to have a tiny teeny some sort of it.. An artist bloodline..  And just learned it recently..
Well to start:

• Rody Picar - He happened to be my uncle (my mother's 1st cousin)..  Who happened to live at Bell-air, Makati during his musical career..  My mom used to live there when she was studying at Arellano University..  He was one of the quartet known as "The Gentle Rain" whose members are Anthony Castelo, Nonong Pedero (song writer/producer), Boy Camara, & of course Rody Picar (my uncle).  They were performing at "Nilda Navarro Show"..  (i hope  i spell it rught) back in the 60's..
  • Ramon Jacinto (RJ) - Ok i think this wasn't very clear..  My mom did mention that she met a doctor at UERM where she worked for more or less 30 years.. Whose name was Ceasar Jacinto.. a nephrologist whose father was a close relative to Ramon Jacinto & a second cousin to my grand father(lolo) Miguel Jacinto..  Not enough supportive document nor evidence but it surely bugs me..

It really gives me a dose of self-esteem everytime i think about it but it seems giving me a big burden with those names around me..  Talking about expectations..    :-D :-D

-Emilio Jacinto Murillo.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:29:34 PM by emil_murillo »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: ARTIST bloodline..
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »
err...my biological dads relatives are painters...2 or 3 are considered national artists...my dads a well known architect in my province...i knew i had it in my genes when i was young because i was able to draw whatever pops into my mind(cartoons, cars, houses, mountains etc.)..i do not want to have any connections to them or anything that will remind me of my bloodline so stopped painting after high school...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:34:11 PM by marzi »
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »
had a lot of artists on both sides of the family.\

but i still think it's not about blood, but also about uprbringing.

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
i have an artist's bloodline too, but they're not famous, so what the heck..hehe
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:21:04 AM »
err...my biological dads relatives are painters...2 or 3 are considered national artists...my dads a well known architect in my province...i knew i had it in my genes when i was young because i was able to draw whatever pops into my mind(cartoons, cars, houses, mountains etc.)..i do not want to have any connections to them or anything that will remind me of my bloodline so stopped painting after high school...

You know what guys..  I think you are all very right..  I guess will is the strongest force now.  The will to be not affected by any pressure or whatsoever..  hehe.. kakayanin kahit mahirap..  :-D :-D
Sariling diskarte inspite of the expectations..  those were the key words i believe..

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »
Hmm, last family reunion, they introduced us to our Family Tree's Legend.

Our family always fall into three career categories whatever the job is. Pero skills talaga 3 lang.

1. Medicine
A lot of my cousins and relatives are Doctors or in the Medical Field. My generation has a lot of doctors now.

2. Art
This, I was surprised at. There are several relatives of mine who are really into the art industry, I forgot their names but they became quite famous during their day. our generation too has several prodigies.

3. Music
Ahhh, this is my line. But in my uncles and aunts. There was one uncle who really reached the top. I forgot the name because he only attended that reunion once and played the Cello so great. So in other words, he is a master cellist. My generation are into bands.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:50:40 PM »
hindi ko kilala lahat ng mga nasa family tree namin. siguro wala. ako pa lang? haha.

yung tatay ko... hmmm... mahilig siya sa musika. marunog mag drowing, pero hindi exceptional. sa kanya ko nakuha ang pagkahumaling sa musika. sa pakikinig ko, doon ko lang napagtantong gusto ko pala gumawa ng musika.

oo tama rin na wala nga sa dugo yan. nasa pagpapalaki nga ng bata, at saka interes na rin.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
Yup, at sabi nga nila

When you are born with talent, it's up for your will to make you skilled.

In other words, ang talent inborn, ang skill natututunan.

And for the parents. Do not force your children to learn skills they do not like. Kunwari, pilit mong pina-tutor anak mo sa piano pero iba pala talaga hilig nya, hindi magbubunga yun. You have to plant the right seed to blossom a beautiful fruit.

How i wish na na-afford namin nung bata ako ang drumset para mas na-enhance ko skills ko. Pero the piano at home is great because it introduced me to music. Asa dugo ko talaga ang piano.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 05:50:22 PM by daemonite »
Drummer / Keyboardist

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:39:32 AM »

i concur!

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »

I hate to disagree but yeah, i disagree.

When you grow up in a musical family, you'll really be influenced as a kid. Marami rin akong kilala na hindi Musical blood, pero they enroll their children into music classes, iba rin ang kakalabasan. Sometimes, forced ang bata to have talents with not so good results, so it's better as a child to observe what he/she wants then construct his path from there. Kapag ayaw niyo yung gusto niya gawin, wag niyo kontrahin kasi mawawalan ng confidence ang bata. Just appreciate the child and explain to him, kung bakit ayaw mo yung ginagawa nya, never scold the child when he is discovering his talent.

Hindi katulad na kapag merong musikero sa pamilya mo, not only that you'll have the "blood" talent, you'll have a tutorial at an early age. I can still remember the times when my gramps would call me to teach me how to play the piano. Syempre bata ako, sunod naman ako dahil alam kong may reward pagkatapos ng magandang tutorial. Until i grew up to become a church keyboardist until i graduated from high school, playing keyboards in college for a band. But there wa something that's still incomplete, until i found the drums in which fitted me in perfectly.
Drummer / Keyboardist