hulika

Author Topic: How many of you have boutique pedals but don't own a tube amp?  (Read 32251 times)

Offline Zazza

Re: How many of you have boutique pedals but doesn't own a tube amp?
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »
How 'bout this one:

"How many of you have boutique pedals but do not own a tube amp, saying that a tube amp is expensive, but not knowing MANG RAUL can make you one for just a quarter (or even more lower) of a price of an average decent tube amp available locally?"

It's not a shameless plug though guys, but if budget is the problem there goes your answer  8-)

But at the end of the day it's different strokes for different folks  :-D
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
how about, "How many of you could afford tube amps but aren't able to bring it to gigs because you don't have a car (or something) and you if you buy one you couldn't crank it up past '2 because you live in a dikit dikit apartment so you just buy pedals and rely on the venue's amp?"

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
how about, "How many of you could afford tube amps but aren't able to bring it to gigs because you don't have a car (or something) and you if you buy one you couldn't crank it up past '2 because you live in a dikit dikit apartment so you just buy pedals and rely on the venue's amp?"

How about How many of you don't know 15W, 10W and 5W tube amps exist and refuse to buy them because a coffin-sized pedal board with boutique pedals looks cooler regardless of how farty the bar amp is?

Or

How many of you don't buy tube amps because a coffin-sized pedal board and a drop-dead gorgeous guitar impresses the chicks in a gig but not a tube amp? :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:36:25 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2008, 06:59:55 AM »
I don't think this thread is about boutique pedals, nor is it more about tube amps. I see this thread as someone picking on other peoples choice of gear but disguised as a "boutique pedal" and "tube amp" thread.

For me the biggest "totoy" here is the thread starter. Skunky, you really are a "skunk"!

For me, it wouldn't matter what gear the gigging musician brings. As long as he sounds decent on stage and his solos cut through! And I think they only have one thing to say to the thread starter.......... "Wala kang paki alam kung ano dalin ko sa gig!"
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2008, 04:18:53 PM »
How about How many of you don't know 15W, 10W and 5W tube amps exist and refuse to buy them because a coffin-sized pedal board with boutique pedals looks cooler regardless of how farty the bar amp is?

Or

How many of you don't buy tube amps because a coffin-sized pedal board and a drop-dead gorgeous guitar impresses the chicks in a gig but not a tube amp? :D

SRSLY? Coffin sized? pics or it did not happen.

you really think pedals look cool? Most of the time they aren't visible on stage.

And yeah I could afford a tube amp. But I chose pedals instead. Cause I live in an apartment and it'd be such a waste not being able to roll the volume knob past 2.

and even if you had a 15 watts all tube, I don't think you'd be willing to carry it around in jeeps and tricycles. it's just too effing inconvenient.

and +1 to stringman.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:32:12 PM by Mardk »

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
I don't think this thread is about boutique pedals, nor is it more about tube amps. I see this thread as someone picking on other peoples choice of gear but disguised as a "boutique pedal" and "tube amp" thread.

For me the biggest "totoy" here is the thread starter. Skunky, you really are a "skunk"!

For me, it wouldn't matter what gear the gigging musician brings. As long as he sounds decent on stage and his solos cut through! And I think they only have one thing to say to the thread starter.......... "Wala kang paki alam kung ano dalin ko sa gig!"

hahaha somehow this thread took a seriously negative turn. I'd have to agree that we really can't dictate and even judge a guitar player whatever he ends up bringing to a gig. We don't know each others situations and we all have our ways to be happy with our sound may it be with bringing pedals or bringing an amp to a gig. But to judge someone just because he/she decided to invest on pedals first is nonsense. Walang patutunguhang maganda 'tong thread na 'to kung ganun. baka magtalo pa mga tao ng di maganda. +1 ako sa "wala kang pakialam kung ano dalhin ko sa gig!" hehe I think that sums it up.

william251082

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
May fender pro junior ako, maliit lang madiling bitbitin tube amp pa! I have to admit, I PREFER tube amps!

Offline Zazza

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »
My long term goals are getting one of these  :-o

The Carr Hammerhead...

The Cornford Harlequin Combo  :-o

And my ultimate Dream Gas...The Bad Cat Panther

I hope Santa gives me one for Christmas, as for now it's free to dream  :-( kapag tumama siguro ako sa lotto  :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the moment my Fender Bronco tweed 20 is all good  :-D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:45:05 PM by Zazza »
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »

Im just too lazy to find the url for you, just try looking for it in 'post your pedal board'. it does exist.  :-)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »

Dude, don't get me wrong, I also use a DG Stomp DIRECT TO THE PA to gigs, especially if the bar amp is awful.  The experience is so demeaning if you bring a bunch of boutique pedals and what you get is fart.  It's like buying a Blue Ray player and you play pirated  VCDs with it through an old TV without HDMI.

I hope no one is missing the point.  OPTIMIZE YOUR EQUIPMENT.  Boutique pedals and having a crap amp, (doesn't have to be tube or SS, just crap) is like putting a turbo boost on an owner jeep.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:27:12 PM by skunkyfunk »

william251082

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2008, 11:56:12 PM »
Dude, don't get me wrong, I also use a DG Stomp DIRECT TO THE PA to gigs, especially if the bar amp is awful.  The experience is so demeaning if you bring a bunch of boutique pedals and what you get is fart.  It's like buying a Blue Ray player and you play pirated  VCDs with it through an old TV without HDMI.

I hope no one is missing the point.  OPTIMIZE YOUR EQUIPMENT.  Boutique pedals and having a crap amp, (doesn't have to be tube or SS, just crap) is like putting a turbo boost on an owner jeep.

I have to agree to this!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 05:56:16 AM »

You probably haven't seen Kastigo onstage. ;)

you really think pedals look cool? Most of the time they aren't visible on stage.
  I don't think it's cool lugging a heavy pedalboard.  The looks don't wow me either.  I listen.  I don't look...

And yeah I could afford a tube amp. But I chose pedals instead. Cause I live in an apartment and it'd be such a waste not being able to roll the volume knob past 2.

and even if you had a 15 watts all tube, I don't think you'd be willing to carry it around in jeeps and tricycles. it's just too effing inconvenient.

You don't have to gig with a tube amp.  All I am saying is optimize your pedals.  That's it.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2008, 05:58:20 AM »

Dude, no one is missing your point here. I understand the point when you started this thread, you started out as you saying "Just wanted to ask... no more no less.". Then somewhere in the middle your pull out a faggoty comment like "Pedal gas without a good amp is so totoy to me.  I mean, having a coffin-size pedal board with a rage amp is like, HUH?  Believe me, maraming guilty diyan.  "

Dude, when can you respect the others in this forum? If you want to educate some enthusiasts here, you can educate them in a positive manner. If you want them to respect your opinion, then share your ideas without stepping on what others have.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:00:06 AM by stringman »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2008, 06:01:57 AM »
Dude, no one is missing your point here. I understand the point when you started this thread, you started out as you saying "Just wanted to ask... no more no less.". Then somewhere in the middle your pull out a faggoty comment like "Pedal gas without a good amp is so totoy to me.  I mean, having a coffin-size pedal board with a rage amp is like, HUH?  Believe me, maraming guilty diyan.  "

Dude, when can you respect the others in this forum. If you want to educate some enthusiasts here, you can educate them in a positive manner. If you want them to respect your opinion, then share your ideas without stepping on what others have.

So when was 'totoy' supposed to hurt someone's pussy?  Sabi nga ni b2d, "lahat tayo dumaan sa katotoyan".  Demmet, I wonder why so many people get so sensitive nowadays. Dapat siguro magrequest tayo sa Philmusic na pati 'totoy' i-censor natin... parang ganire:  "Pedal gas without a good amp is so [atis] to me.  I mean, having a coffin-size pedal board with a rage amp is like, HUH?  Believe me, maraming guilty diyan.  "

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2008, 06:09:25 AM »
Dude, no one is missing your point here. I understand the point when you started this thread, you started out as you saying "Just wanted to ask... no more no less.". Then somewhere in the middle your pull out a faggoty comment like "Pedal gas without a good amp is so totoy to me.  I mean, having a coffin-size pedal board with a rage amp is like, HUH?  Believe me, maraming guilty diyan.  "

Dude, when can you respect the others in this forum? If you want to educate some enthusiasts here, you can educate them in a positive manner. If you want them to respect your opinion, then share your ideas without stepping on what others have.
So touchy huh??!  What's wrong with what he said?

Pedal gas without a good amp is so totoy to me.

My interpretation, you may not have one, but you could at least GAS for a good amp before buying all sorts of pedals.  I don't think there's any disrespect in that.  It's not an issue of amp guys VS pedal guys.  Seriously.

Sorry I had to butt in.  No offense meant to either of you.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 06:13:58 AM »
So when was 'totoy' supposed to hurt someone's pussy?  Sabi nga ni b2d, "lahat tayo dumaan sa katotoyan".  Demmet, I wonder why so many people get so sensitive nowadays. Dapat siguro magrequest tayo sa Philmusic na pati 'totoy' i-censor natin... parang ganire:  "Pedal gas without a good amp is so [atis] to me.  I mean, having a coffin-size pedal board with a rage amp is like, HUH?  Believe me, maraming guilty diyan.  "

Oist! Wag ka mapikon. Let me qoute you again on what you said on another thread "Marami lang kasing tao na hindi ma-handle ang criticism.  A-holes are everywhere.  But not to say all of them are useless pieces of turd in society.  ".
You criticize a lot of gears and people in this forum, but when someone critcizes you you can't handle it. Let me be blunt in saying this to you, masyado kasing bagyo ang dating mo, lahat na lang tinatamaan mo.

Skunky, you know a lot of things about gears. Sana lang your approach in spreading information would be better.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:03 AM »
So touchy huh??!  What's wrong with what he said?

Pedal gas without a good amp is so totoy to me.

My interpretation, you may not have one, but you could at least GAS for a good amp before buying all sorts of pedals.  I don't think there's any disrespect in that.  It's not an issue of amp guys VS pedal guys.  Seriously.

Sorry I had to butt in.  No offense meant to either of you.

It's the same interpretaion I have.

No harm done!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:04 AM »
Oist! Wag ka mapikon. Let me qoute you again on what you said on another thread "Marami lang kasing tao na hindi ma-handle ang criticism.  A-holes are everywhere.  But not to say all of them are useless pieces of turd in society.  ".
You criticize a lot of gears and people in this forum, but when someone critcizes you you can't handle it. Let me be blunt in saying this to you, masyado kasing bagyo ang dating mo, lahat na lang tinatamaan mo.

Skunky, you know a lot of things about gears. Sana lang your approach in spreading information would be better.

Dude, I LIVE with criticisms every fu**in' day of my life and to say napipikon ako is retarded.  My job entails that.  Naranasan mo na bang sabihin na PANIS KA dahil apurado masyado kliyente mo makuha gusto niyang mix?  Naranasan mo na bang tawagan ka ng madaling araw sa cellphone dahil yung kliyente mo sa recording gusto sabihin sa iyo iangat ang kick drum ng drums niya? 

You know what is so pathetic?  You seem annoyed by my words but you speak for everyone.  Sheesh.  Kahit ako nasasabihan na totoy lalo na sa pagigitara pero tinatawanan ko lang.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2008, 06:38:51 AM »
Actually I am not annoyed. I'm just turning the tide back to you.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39:57 AM »
Actually I am not annoyed. I'm just turning the tide back to you.

Sorry but that won't work.  Try harder. 

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2008, 06:44:55 AM »
Looks like you never got off from a humble beggining.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2008, 06:50:07 AM »
Looks like you never got off from a humble beggining.

Dude, the term 'totoy' refers to that.  It's like saying we all had our 'youngster' beliefs.  Kaya nga "It is so totoy for me..." because it occurs to me that nowadays, many kids buy tons of pedals (which weren't even available during my totoy days) but fail miserably at looking at an amp. 

Ok ok?

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2008, 06:56:11 AM »
Dude, the term 'totoy' refers to that.  It's like saying we all had our 'youngster' beliefs.  Kaya nga "It is so totoy for me..." because it occurs to me that nowadays, many kids buy tons of pedals (which weren't even available during my totoy days) but fail miserably at looking at an amp. 

Ok ok?

FYI, not all of them are kids.

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2008, 07:34:11 AM »
tube amps really rocks i hope our local stores would stock up on low wattage tube amps from brands like Randall,krank etc. cause having a half stack at home is not that practical for most people.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2008, 09:27:46 AM »
tube amps really rocks i hope our local stores would stock up on low wattage tube amps from brands like Randall,krank etc. cause having a half stack at home is not that practical for most people.

Can you ever crank your ENGL Powerball to mroe than 3? ;)