hulika

Author Topic: Jorma Kaukonen is an Atenean  (Read 5821 times)

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jorma Kaukonen is an Atenean
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »
LUCIIIFEEERRR!! FUndadoorr sois ignacio heneral.. .hahahaha.

fly high.. over the fields ... ano nga ulit yun? yung nasa likod ng notebook? hahahaaa

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 07:15:15 AM »
I miss the AHS tuloy.   :-(

Who among you oldies knew "Manong Gulaman" ?  :lol: Clue: "Pergola"

We should make a list of all the hot female teachers. That would be a blast.  :evil:

si mang tony! kaso the last time i passed by the pergola, malaking bilog na lang siya.

as for hot female teachers, may 3 pumasok sa utak ko kaso di ko na sasabihin kung sino. in fact yung isa sa kanila may pinsan dito forums.

greg, blue eagle the king yung nasa likod ng notebook. composed by the late raul manglapus.

btt: its nice to know that there is an international guitarist among our fellow alumni. teka baka may picture siya sa yearbook.

Offline zook

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »
May nakakakilala ba sa inyo kay....

1.  Big Boy?

I think the younger forumites are referring to a different Big Boy. When I was a freshman at the AHS (s.y. 85-86), Big Boy retired and was replaced by Bigger Boy. The older Big Boy was late 50ish to early 60s (?) with receding hairline. Eventually Bigger Boy became known as Big Boy.  :roll:

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
I think the younger forumites are referring to a different Big Boy. When I was a freshman at the AHS (s.y. 85-86), Big Boy retired and was replaced by Bigger Boy. The older Big Boy was late 50ish to early 60s (?) with receding hairline. Eventually Bigger Boy became known as Big Boy.  :roll:

That's awesome. It's like a mantle.....it's like...Captain America...who gave the mantle to Bucky/Winter Soldier....

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
I think the younger forumites are referring to a different Big Boy. When I was a freshman at the AHS (s.y. 85-86), Big Boy retired and was replaced by Bigger Boy. The older Big Boy was late 50ish to early 60s (?) with receding hairline. Eventually Bigger Boy became known as Big Boy.  :roll:

Tama ka Zook.  There was a Big Boy during the time you were referring to - I think he passed away na. That Big Boy worked all his life in the HS. The Bigger Boy you knew IS the Big Boy of today (nagpapagaling pa yata).

OK, ok...for the dinosaur Ateneans out there (marami kami dito kaso mga ayaw ang umamin), Baby Bananaque was the only "pretty" one working at the cafeteria. She normally mans the bananaque stand, hence the name. Siya ang pinagtitripan ng buong high school population. Apparently hindi na naabutan ng mga younger set si Baby.  Either MILF na siya o nagfile na ng sexual harassment charges yun. +))

I remember the late Fr. Lucas reviving "Fundador".

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
nagkaabutan kaya si kaukonen at si sir pagsi? :-D

Offline toybitz

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »

now all is still, where loyola's colors fly...

our course has run and the setting sun ends A t e n e o's day..
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »
The guitarist of the 60s band Jefferson Airplane is an Atenean. Check out this link from the Santa Clara University website:

http://www.scu.edu/scm/spring2008/feature3.cfm

"Kaukonen wound up on the Mission campus as a result of international fate and Jesuit prerequisites. His father worked in the U.S. Foreign Service and was posted to the Philippines, where Kaukonen attended the Ateneo de Manila, a university operated by the Society of Jesus. After the family moved back to Washington, D.C., he searched for a mainland school that would accept the Ateneo’s credits. Kaukonen was also fascinated by the hip Bay Area. All signs pointed to Santa Clara."

Interesting. This means he studied at ADM in the late 50's or early 60's... I wonder if there is anyone left on campus who would remember a foreign, "army brat" as a student during that time...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:33:56 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 08:32:31 PM »
our course has run and the setting sun ends A t e n e o's day..

Tears are dry with the last goodbye, this is the Ateneo way...
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 02:05:47 AM »
Tears are dry with the last goodbye, this is the Ateneo way...

"EYES are dry AT the last goodbye...."  =))

Offline toybitz

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 02:29:59 AM »
"EYES are dry AT the last goodbye...."  =))

Mary for you, for you're white and blue...

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 02:58:29 AM »
Interesting. This means he studied at ADM in the late 50's or early 60's... I wonder if there is anyone left on campus who would remember a foreign, "army brat" as a student during that time...

Makes me wonder.  Saan kaya siya nakaka-score ng jutes noon?

:evil:

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 03:09:54 AM »
Tama ka Zook.  There was a Big Boy during the time you were referring to - I think he passed away na. That Big Boy worked all his life in the HS. The Bigger Boy you knew IS the Big Boy of today (nagpapagaling pa yata).

I remember Big Boy, and he was huge (at least from a high schooler's perspective)!  Di ko na naabutan si Bigger Boy, but it looks like the guy was humongous the way everyone discribes him.

Just to make Kedy not feel left out, naabutan ko rin si Baby B!  And to make Kedy and myself feel really old, I think (I could be wrong) Gabe Cheekee's (Parokya) mom was pregnant with him when she taught us second year english/lit.  Pinuntahan pa nga namin sa bahay the week of his birth, and even brought cake bought out of our yosi money, este baon.  That was one week most of us cut back on smoking.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »
I remember Big Boy, and he was huge (at least from a high schooler's perspective)!  Di ko na naabutan si Bigger Boy, but it looks like the guy was humongous the way everyone discribes him.

Just to make Kedy not feel left out, naabutan ko rin si Baby B!  And to make Kedy and myself feel really old, I think (I could be wrong) Gabe Cheekee's (Parokya) mom was pregnant with him when she taught us second year english/lit.  Pinuntahan pa nga namin sa bahay the week of his birth, and even brought cake bought out of our yosi money, este baon.  That was one week most of us cut back on smoking.

Tsk High School students smoking ! :-D. That's how tolerant the Jesuits are.

At Paco Catholic, the mere sight of you smoking (as in anywhere, kahit pa from the porch of your own home) can get you suspended !

Clerico-Fascists. Bah.

Lam nyo, palagay ko malapit na malagay sa anything goes tong thread na to :D Naging Ateneo thread na e :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 12:30:51 PM »

Thanks for not letting me feel so alone, Jaco....

Hindi pa naman tayo sobrang OT, diba? It's still talk about being Atenean.   :wink: Still waiting for Jim Ayson to comment.  He knows what we're talking about, that's for sure. 

In another site nga, Jim mentions another character -the GS teacher who constantly says - 'I'll cut your pidro".... Kilala niyo yon?

Offline dubista

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
win or lose, it's the school we choose.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
win or lose, it's the school we choose.

this is the Ateneo way..

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 03:36:18 PM »
this is the Ateneo way..

Win or lose it's the school we choose, this is the place where we belong.... :wink:

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »
Ad majorem Dei gloriam!

Offline ianz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »

Lam nyo, palagay ko malapit na malagay sa anything goes tong thread na to :D Naging Ateneo thread na e :D

+1 hehe.. :)
"im your hoochie coochie dodong!!!"

--D.D.S  Represent--

Offline julsam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
prehistoric. cant help but scratch my head. ill just ask my dad about these personalities.  :-D
peace brothers! :-D :-D :-D :-D