hulika

Author Topic: Which do you prefer better? Turkish-style cymbals or Euro-style cymbals?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ako, hmmm... for lighter music, I still prefer Turk designs.  Nothing beats the overtones of good ol' Turk metallurgy.  But for louder music, where much ping is desired, I go Euro.  What's yours?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:43:21 PM by drumster »

Offline rimshot601

Re: Are you a EURO CYMBAL PERSON, or a TURK CYMBAL PERSON?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
Pasensya na po, pero alin po ba sa mga kilalang model ng mga sikat na brands ang "euro" o "turkish"? Halimbawa sa Zildjian may K and A model. May AA, AAX, HHX, HH naman ang Sabian. So, which is which, sir?  :-)
...saka yung sa Stagg, sir?
There's humor in irony...
~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
Pasensya na po, pero alin po ba sa mga kilalang model ng mga sikat na brands ang "euro" o "turkish"? Halimbawa sa Zildjian may K and A model. May AA, AAX, HHX, HH naman ang Sabian. So, which is which, sir?  :-)
...saka yung sa Stagg, sir?

Sabian and Zidjian (as well as Istanbul, bosphorus, and anything made in Turkey) stem from classic Turk alchemy. 

Paiste, UFIP, and Meinl (with the exception of Byzance series) are Euro designs in general.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »
turkish ako all the way sa lahat ng genre

sabi ng nanay ko noon portuguese daw ako

"portuguese kang bata ka!!! ano na naman ginawa mo?"  :oops:

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »
sabi ng nanay ko noon portuguese daw ako

"portuguese kang bata ka!!! ano na naman ginawa mo?"  :oops:

Wahahahaha!

Wrong thread ka ata Peeves, sa drummer jokes dapat ito eh! Benta! :-D

As for me Turkish as well.. :wink:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline CDodrummer

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
Euro. Paiste <3
Duct tape has a light and darker side. Like the Force, it holds the world together

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »
Turkish rides and hats. Euro crashes.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline wipeout

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
As for me, same as skunkyfunk.  For jazz and other light music, Turkish cymbals offer that warmth that blends well with that kind of music.  I had tried the Paiste Traditionals which represents that old school sound that they intended for jazz, blues, etc., they offer that warm turkish type of sound but with a certain shimmer paiste is known for.  It's different!  Sort of a modern jazz sound.  It's great but it still depends on your preference.  But for me I prefer the traditonal warm sound for jazz.  For rock and other heavier music, Euro-style cymbals.  Cutting and shimmery!

Offline barabbas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »
As for me, same as skunkyfunk.  For jazz and other light music, Turkish cymbals offer that warmth that blends well with that kind of music.  I had tried the Paiste Traditionals which represents that old school sound that they intended for jazz, blues, etc., they offer that warm turkish type of sound but with a certain shimmer paiste is known for.  It's different!  Sort of a modern jazz sound.  It's great but it still depends on your preference.  But for me I prefer the traditonal warm sound for jazz.  For rock and other heavier music, Euro-style cymbals.  Cutting and shimmery!

i third motion to bossing Skunyfunk and Sir Wipeout...
Nothing to say nasabi na nila lahat eh... hehehehe....

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
I am more into the darker, warmer, more complex, and more sophisticated cymbal sounds.  So I prefer Turkish-style cymbals, especially the hand-hammered ones.  8-)

Offline toybitz

turks...

for chinese cymbals though...orients.

primarily because, I've always used either a Sabian or Zildjiam cymbal all my drumming life...with the exception of fernando cymbals dating to the early early nineties and a german brand Camber for a crash/ride when the fernando crash (na ride na din) ripped
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline rimshot601

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:08 PM »
Sabian and Zidjian (as well as Istanbul, bosphorus, and anything made in Turkey) stem from classic Turk alchemy. 

Paiste, UFIP, and Meinl (with the exception of Byzance series) are Euro designs in general.

Thanks for enlightening, sir. :-)

Anyway, turkish ang mas preferred ko...

pero Euro ako kasi sabi ng nanay ko minsan sakin, " Paiste kang bata ka, drum ka ng drum, magpatulog ka!!"  :-P
There's humor in irony...
~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline drumnation

• Philmusicus Noobitus
both for me.  it depends what kind of music to be played.
I\'M INVITING YOU ALL TO JOIN US!!! THANK YOU http://www.drum-nation.tk DRUMMERS UNITE! DRUM NATION!

Offline treb 821

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »
Thanks for enlightening, sir. :-)

Anyway, turkish ang mas preferred ko...

pero Euro ako kasi sabi ng nanay ko minsan sakin, " Paiste kang bata ka, drum ka ng drum, magpatulog ka!!"  :-P

Nice one Sir, hahaha! Turkish din ako all the way!