hulika

Author Topic: EHX User's thread  (Read 36217 times)

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
Re: EHX User's thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:46 PM »
sa mga may small clone nga pala san niyo po binili yung pangconvert niyo ng barrel to mono-phone? di ko pa kasi makabit sa daisy chain ko eh..hehe! layo ng pedalmax eh, di ko kaya puntahan ngayon..baka po may alam kayo na ibang mabibilhan..

positive tip po diba?
TIA!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »
Win!!!

I've only started amassing EHX pedals last year.  Since then, I've already added a Little Big Muff (which I'm using more for the bass), a Pulsar tremolo, and the Micro POG.

I love my Pulsar so much.  I've always wanted to do the slow square wave trem found on The Smiths' How Soon Is Now or even a much slower rate heard on Radiohead's Airbag.  I think I'm getting close to nailing that tone in my pedal series head-on.

As for the Micro POG, it's become my favorite toy right now.  I've always been frustrated playing in bands when we had problems finding a dependable keyboard player.  I was inspired by Jack White's sound on his last few albums either with The White Stripes or with The Racounteurs.  I thought that the keyboard sounding parts on their records were Hammonds or church organs.  I was surprised to find out that they were coming from his Poly-Octave Generator.  I got the scaled down version instead of the full-on model with the sliders that you could manipulate to fine-tune that sound.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:33:50 AM by Deadwing »

Offline pr3ach2all

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 01:33:56 AM »
ive got a russian small stone. my favorite pedal! nice warm phaser. one more thing i like about EHX pedals is the simplicity. one knob and one switch and you would get all the sounds you'll need!

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
small clone is a chorus pedal which was popularized by the late Kurt Cobain...

the big muff is a distortion pedal which has a fuzzy characteristic... most of the time used by musicians trying to emulate the sound of classic songs from hendrix and such...

you can view all of the pedals as well as listen to some of them at http://ehx.com/2008

:)

Wow thanks a lot sa info..  :-)

Waaaahh!! I wanna get a memory man!! Where can I buy one and how much does it cost?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:22:14 AM by White Falcon »
Salvation is here and He lives in me.......

Offline rapunzel

• Netizen Level
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »
im an ex user of this brand.. :-D holy grail reverb. all i can say is... vulgar display of power.. :lol:
My Pedalboard Demo -->
feature=channel_page

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
nice thread sir.

I have a nano LPB1-adds definition to your tone

Nano small stone- 1 knob -Rate- is all you need, I use this with Color toggle in down position more often.

Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai- not warm sounding as the deluxe memory man but it's good enough for me, lots of sound that you can get from this baby!

Holy Grail Plus-Lush reverb. Spring and Hall are my favorites

Micro Qtron-fave is BP mode, used once at and I'm selling this one   :-D

Big Muff Pi  Russian (my avatar) now this is my fave among my EHX pedals.
Tone and Sustain  controls are very usable. From 0 - 10 settings it will still sound good.

thanks dude... you got some of the ehx modulation peds that i've been looking for as well... lol... i looove that hazarai... lot's of experimental stuff to make... lol..

Posting this photo for the nth time.

Stereo Memory Man-I use this as a chorus pedal, it's basically the DMM without the Vibrato mode and has mono/stereo outputs. Chorus sounds great, I like deep, lush chorus without oscillation and this gets it done well. I really dig EJ-like chorus sounds and this handles crystal cleans from my EMG equipped American Deluxe strat well and singing violin-ish leads with my Tube Driver.

Deluxe Electric Mistress- What can I say? Legit analog flanger. Beats the Boss BF-3 (it doesn't even get close) in terms of that vintage "swoosh" sound. At high rated it can do rotary speaker sounds quite well. The filter matrix mode sounds like your analog robot sound synth. It has some remarkable volume drop when engaged though. It depends on the setting actually.

Wiggler- "Toob" pedal (it supposedly powered by two 12AX7's) with four vibrato modes and a tremolo mode. I once owned the Electro Harmonix Worm Analog Multi effect but quickly replaced it with this one. I could actually feel the speakers breathe when I use it with high intensity settings. It has Leslie, Hammond, Vox and Wurlitzer Vibrato simulations. One thing I noticed though, it produces that pulsating noise whenever I engage the effect.

Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai-Great digital delay and very versatile. Digital delay pedal with a 3PDT on/off switch, pretty crazy hehe. It has 8 modes which is very interesting and fun to play with. The 300 ms + Mod mode gets pretty close to the SMM echo sound but still not as warm. I specifically love the 1 sec. delay with triggered reverse, the reverse echo mode and the looper. The looper can store approx. 12 secs of Sound on Sound loop with knobs to control tempo, pitch, and reverse or forward. It only loses on the user-friendliness aspect. Only one preset per mode and you can change modes/presets without bowing down and turning knobs. Wish it had footswitching for modes.

the ehx pedalboard that i've been eyeing... lol... i'm interested in your wiggler... when do you usually use it and how do you mix everything up? you got most of the best peds in your setup...  :-D

sa mga may small clone nga pala san niyo po binili yung pangconvert niyo ng barrel to mono-phone? di ko pa kasi makabit sa daisy chain ko eh..hehe! layo ng pedalmax eh, di ko kaya puntahan ngayon..baka po may alam kayo na ibang mabibilhan..

positive tip po diba?
TIA!

try asking numeroh_unoh, kalikot audio, or mondemonle... they're the guys that also make customized PSUs... hope that helped...  :-D

Win!!!

I've only started amassing EHX pedals last year.  Since then, I've already added a Little Big Muff (which I'm using more for the bass), a Pulsar tremolo, and the Micro POG.

I love my Pulsar so much.  I've always wanted to do the slow square wave trem found on The Smiths' How Soon Is Now or even a much slower rate heard on Radiohead's Airbag.  I think I'm getting close to nailing that tone in my pedal series head-on.

As for the Micro POG, it's become my favorite toy right now.  I've always been frustrated playing in bands when we had problems finding a dependable keyboard player.  I was inspired by Jack White's sound on his last few albums either with The White Stripes or with The Racounteurs.  I thought that the keyboard sounding parts on their records were Hammonds or church organs.  I was surprised to find out that they were coming from his Poly-Octave Generator.  I got the scaled down version instead of the full-on model with the sliders that you could manipulate to fine-tune that sound.

i looove your POG... where'd you get it dude?

ive got a russian small stone. my favorite pedal! nice warm phaser. one more thing i like about EHX pedals is the simplicity. one knob and one switch and you would get all the sounds you'll need!

exactly... it's simple yet produces a lot of tones that can complement your sound...  :-D

Wow thanks a lot sa info..  :-)

Waaaahh!! I wanna get a memory man!! Where can I buy one and how much does it cost?

try asking stellar... he has a thread, i believe, either at guitar central or the guitar accessories... i believe he has some available stock.. if not, he'll be able to hook you up with one asap... or you can also ask the guys who order from the states such as bossingboss, captainsatch, wiccan, etc.... price depends on who and where you're getting it... hope that helped as well...  :-D

im an ex user of this brand.. :-D holy grail reverb. all i can say is... vulgar display of power.. :lol:

and currently, i'm the owner of the grail... lol... thanks dude!  :-D
[

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,55190.0/topicseen.html

here's the thread of stellar who can get you the ehx peds you're looking for...  :-D
[

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 01:18:50 PM »
i looove your POG... where'd you get it dude?

I got my POG at Guitar Center.  Naka-sale siya noong binili ko...so 'yun, kuha kaagad.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
I got my POG at Guitar Center.  Naka-sale siya noong binili ko...so 'yun, kuha kaagad.

you're one lucky guy dude... the current price is at 18k... i hope you were able to buy it at a lower price... if you did, you definitely are lucky...  :-D
[

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 02:01:57 PM »
Yeah, big discount yung mga units ngayon.  Yung full-size POG, Php 13k.  Yung bili ko sa Micro POG Php 3k+.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
Yeah, big discount yung mga units ngayon.  Yung full-size POG, Php 13k.  Yung bili ko sa Micro POG Php 3k+.

nice..   :evil:

pm mo sa kin kung kanino ka kumuha... ok lang po sir? thanks!  :-D
[

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
Any site na pinapakita kung magkano ang Deluxe Memory Man ng EHX? Peso currency.. Eheh! Pagiipunan ko siya. Di na muna ako bibili ng DD's ng BOSS..
Hope someone responds.. Thanks again..  :-)
Salvation is here and He lives in me.......

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »
Any site na pinapakita kung magkano ang Deluxe Memory Man ng EHX? Peso currency.. Eheh! Pagiipunan ko siya. Di na muna ako bibili ng DD's ng BOSS..
Hope someone responds.. Thanks again..  :-)

currently, there is no website that shows the amount in peso... check this link out...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,55190.0/topicseen.html

it's a thread by sir stellar_limited... he's the ehx guy... you can email or pm him for a price list... hope it helped...  :-D
[

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 03:27:10 PM »
I think it was 14-17K kay Joshua (stellar) di ko lang maalala hehe. :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
I think it was 14-17K kay Joshua (stellar) di ko lang maalala hehe. :lol:

yeah.. it was actually 16k... i just don't know if joshua has changed his prices... lol
[

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 04:17:10 PM »
here's my current ehx gear... gonna be adding some more modulations soon...

[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »
mahal kay STELLAR LIMITED!! kay BOSSINGBOSS or CAPT SATCH kau umORDER!! 2 gives pah.. DP then Pick up!!

:mrgreen:
Psst... masama yan. :wink:
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
mahal kay STELLAR LIMITED!! kay BOSSINGBOSS or CAPT SATCH kau umORDER!! 2 gives pah.. DP then Pick up!!

:mrgreen:

wala sanang ganito sir  :-(
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline scaryposer13

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »
sorry.. kse dapat bibili ako ng HOLY STAIN kay STELLAR tas nakita ko ung THREADS nila BOSSINGBOSS at CAPT. SATCH..

SORRY PO..

:-o
BITE FORCE!!

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 09:29:32 PM »
sorry.. kse dapat bibili ako ng HOLY STAIN kay STELLAR tas nakita ko ung THREADS nila BOSSINGBOSS at CAPT. SATCH..

SORRY PO..

:-o

it's ok bro... but try to be careful next time... each of them have their own system that they use for their business'...

anyway, any other ehx users out there? tone party!
[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »
@scaryposer13

Paki-edit/delete na lang yung post para hindi tayo makasira sa hanap-buhay ng iba. :-)

@masterchoxter

I want to hear what the POG can do. :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »
@masterchoxter

I want to hear what the POG can do. :lol:

lol... go to this website - http://ehx.com/2008/

look under octave divider... there's a video about it there... basically, it can add one or two octaves to your tone... it can also make your guitar sound like a 12 or 18 string... you'll find out for yourself once you've seen the vids... lol...
[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
lol... go to this website - http://ehx.com/2008/

look under octave divider... there's a video about it there... basically, it can add one or two octaves to your tone... it can also make your guitar sound like a 12 or 18 string... you'll find out for yourself once you've seen the vids... lol...
Thanks!

And then I'll be forced to find a way to get the money for it. :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »
Thanks!

And then I'll be forced to find a way to get the money for it. :lol:

lol... you're not alone my friend...  :-D
[

Offline bonfiresnsandcastles

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »
Yeahhhhh. EHX is the way to go! My very first stomp box, a Qtron+ (big 311 fan).
Qtron= best envelope filter sound IMHO (next to the Mu Tron of course)

I also use a small stone phaser:)