hulika

Author Topic: Where can I buy old RAM?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
Where can I buy old RAM?
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »
I have an old Pentium 4 pc that still works properly, kaya lang sobrang makupad na because it only has 256MB of DDR1/266MHz. I had to reformat my hard disk, and took the opportunity to downgrade from Win XP Pro to Win XP Home Edition, plus lumang MS Office (2003?) and I try not to burden it with unnecessary software and drivers. So. the pc runs ok, but...

I need to find more of this old spec'd RAM. Wala sa PC Express. Dunno if I should go to 2nd hand places like HMR.

Any suggestions? Anyone selling this? Thanks.

p.s. I don't want to upgrade the pc motherboard; I can use a laptop when I need a faster machine. This old m/c is still useful for spreadsheets & documents (my kid's school assignments/projects and my personal files).

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Where can I buy old RAM?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »
DDR 1 ram is still available. even if your board uses the older 266 its possible that it can still use 333 or DDR400 memory. the thing is you have to check first. ... by bringing the cpu to the store... yikes...

try surfing the items for sale dun sa tipidpc.com he he.

try to get a seller near your location and check his/her ratings first before making a transaction...
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline Jul06

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
     i think ddr1-266 MHz. is still available @ PC Gilmore near St. Paul QC but they have other branches here's the link http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/ 
     but if you looking for surplus branded RAM, try openpinoy along makati ave. near jupiter st. they're much cheeper than other surplus pc parts retailer. www.openpinoy.com/
Let Love Rule!!

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »
Thanks guys for the info. I will try to check out PC Gilmore and openpinoy on the weekend.

I did bring my pc to PC Express, and they told me I could not use ddr1 400MHz which was the oldest they had.

Offline nickoreno

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »
bro kakabili ko lang ng ram na 266 sa gilmore avenue.. surplus nga lang.. wala ako makita na brand new eh ok din naman..

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
I did bring my pc to PC Express, and they told me I could not use ddr1 400MHz which was the oldest they had.

That's unusual. I'm using my Geil DDR400 on a 266 only Asus A7N266 mobo... no problems here. The ram will underclock to the mobo fsb so there should be no problems.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire