hulika

Author Topic: PREMIER Drums thread  (Read 21395 times)

Offline jasperjugan

Re: ** PREMIER Keith Moon special limited edition drum kit **
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 11:04:50 PM »
hindi pa kasama ang mga hardware? haha

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 10:54:17 AM »
PREMIER ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION KEITH MOON KIT

Premier has announced the introduction of a very special limited edition drumset in tribute to the legendary "Pictures of Lily" kit that the company made for Keith Moon of the Who in the 1960's.  Named the "Spirit of Lily", the new kit features faithful recreations of the unique artwork that adorned the original kit and the original drum sizes used by Moon.

One of the most influential musicians in Rock history, Keith Moon is Premier's most famous endorser of all time.  Moon signed an exclusive endorsement agreement with the Premier Drum Company on September 6th, 1965 and it was to be a relationship that lasted his all too short lifetime.  Premier has timed the launch of the "Spirit of Lily" tribute kit in recognition of the 40-year Anniversary of this special event in the company's history.

Arguably considered the most famous Drumkit of all time, Premier made the original "Pictures of Lily" kit for Moon in 1967.  The kit featured very unique artwork of images and graphics celebrating The Who's hit song of the time, "Pictures of Lily".  This completely unique kit has since become a legend amongst drummers around the world.

Premier has painstakingly researched the original "Pictures of Lily" kit to ensure absolute authenticity in the recreation of the original artwork.  Premier was given unique access to photograph and examine the original drums in detail, most of which are currently stored at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. Premier also worked with Roger Daltrey of The Who and John Wolfe, Keith Moon's chauffeur and Who "roadie" at the time, who had intimate knowledge of the original kit.

The "Spirit of Lily" drumset features Premier Series Birch drums with authentic replica artwork finish with Premier Series lugs, fittings and die-cast hoops.  The set up emulates the original 8-pc setup and comprises three 14" x 8" mounted toms, two 16"x16" floor toms, two 22" x 14" bass drums and 14" x 5.5" steel snare drum.  The kits will only be available for a period of 14 months, one month to represent each of the 14 years of Keith Moon's relationship with Premier.

The "Spirit of Lily" Drumset is officially authorised by the estate of Keith Moon and also by Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend of The Who.  The first set made by Premier will be donated for auction to raise funds for The Who's Teenage Cancer Trust charity.

The Pete Townshend song "Pictures of Lily" was released by The Who as a single reaching the UK top 5 in 1967.  It tells the story of a father who gives his son pictures of Lily Langtry, a theater star from the 1800's. Considered one of Britain's most beautiful actresses, she was also notorious as the mistress of the Prince of Wales, the future Edward VII. On the surface, the story is a simple one, a boy who can't sleep at night recounts how pictures of Lily helped him do so, but in fact it was banned by many radio stations for it's sexual connotations! The tune appears on "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" a collection of the group's singles.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
PREMIER entry-level drum kits
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »
Cabria PK - Rock 22

The Cabria PK Rock 22 shell pack includes;
  • 12" x 9" Tom
  • 13" x 10" Tom
  • 16" x 16" Floor Tom
  • 22" x 16" Bass Drum
  • 14" x 5.5" Snare

Cabria PK - Jazz 20

The Cabria PK Jazz 20 shell pack includes;
  • 10" x 8" Tom
  • 12" x 9" Tom
  • 14" x 14" Floor Tom
  • 20" x 16" Bass Drum
  • 14" x 5.5" Snare

Cabria PK offers all the features any drummer should need including our new Roklok tom holder, improved double braced hardware, Throne, Sticks and a choice of 4 high quality durable wrap finishes.

double braced hardware pack included:
  • Double Tom holder
  • Snare drum stand
  • Hi-hat stand
  • Boom stand (x2)
  • Bass drum pedal

Olympic - Rock 22

Olympic drums feature a 6ply/6mm Poplar wood shell construction.

Premier's all new Olympic Rock 22 shell pack includes;
  • 12" x 9" Tom
  • 13" x 10" Tom
  • 16" x 16" Floor Tom
  • 22" x 16" Bass Drum
  • 14" x 5.5" Snare

Premier Olympic drum sets also come complete with stands, cymbals, pedal, throne, sticks, and a choice of 2 high quality durable wrap finishes!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 06:43:11 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: PREMIER entry-level drum kits
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
Ano ba wood ng Cabria? At magkano?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 12:27:58 PM »
Ano ba wood ng Cabria? At magkano?
Basswood shell ang Cabria PK.
Ash with Maple liner shell ang Cabria APK.
100% Maple shell naman ang Cabria XPK.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:31:55 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »

Offline jasperjugan

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 03:14:08 PM »
oo nga magkano ung mga entrylevel na kits? :)

Offline chickseelog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2006, 03:20:45 PM »
 :mrgreen:wow ang ganda limited lng b cya???

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »
i have a feeling sir tarkuz will pm everyone who wants to know the price.
ako rin sir.

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2006, 04:08:06 PM »
yes, limited edition lang.
isa pa lang ang nakikita ko nyan yun nga sa audiophile cubao.
di ko sure kung may iba pa nito sa pilipinas. sa presyo nito, mukhang matatagalan bago mabenta. hehehe... sana tumama ako ng lotto!!!

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »
yes, limited edition lang.
isa pa lang ang nakikita ko nyan yun nga sa audiophile cubao.
di ko sure kung may iba pa nito sa pilipinas. sa presyo nito, mukhang matatagalan bago mabenta. hehehe... sana tumama ako ng lotto!!!
ako naman pao kahit tumama ako sa lotto di ko bibilhin yan.. bibili na lang ako ng monster kit ala portnoy
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »
ano bang series ng premier ang gamit ni donati date??

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »
:mrgreen:wow ang ganda limited lng b cya???
The kits will only be available for a period of 14 months

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 04:28:53 PM »
May XPK din ba? Magkano?!?!!

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 04:42:31 PM »
ano ba yung kay sir Jun Regalado?
natural finish yun eh.
sir tarkuz baka alam niyo...

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 04:45:27 PM »
ano bang series ng premier ang gamit ni donati date??
Artist Maple
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:38:46 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »
May XPK din ba? Magkano?!?!!
Wala pa pero abangan ang shipment next year...

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 04:54:04 PM »
eh yung SIGNIA ba yun? gawa din ba ng premiere yun? gamit yun dati ni donati date...

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »
ano ba yung kay sir Jun Regalado?
natural finish yun eh.
sir tarkuz baka alam niyo...

Signia.

Wala akong photos. Baka meron si JimAyson (admin)...

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 05:33:26 PM »
eh yung SIGNIA ba yun? gawa din ba ng premiere yun? gamit yun dati ni donati date...

Tama ka, una Premier Signia tapos pinalitan niya ng Premier Artist Maple.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:14:15 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »
sir tarkuz, paki-list naman po lahat ng lines ng drums ng premier.
from lowest to highest kung ok lang ser.

thanks!

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
sir tarkuz, paki-list naman po lahat ng lines ng drums ng premier.
from lowest to highest kung ok lang ser.

thanks!

Premier Series - Professional

Artist Series - Mid Priced

Cabria Series - Value Priced

• Cabria XPK - Extreme Power Kit
  • Cabria APK - Advanced Power Kit
  • Cabria PK - Power Kit

Olympic Series - Entry Level

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

Quote from: Virgil Donati
I must say the Signias are exceptional drums. Funnily, Premier drums have always had an interest for me. When I was in the US on my drum oddysey (Virgil spent two years travelling and studying in the US in 1979-80), I studied with Horacee Arnold in NY and I went to see him play a few times and got to sit in on his kit which were Premiers. I remember the sound was just exquisite, and it was such a pleasure to play them. Premier was not a popular brand here so I didn’t get to hear them very often. So when this opportunity came up it brought back all those sonorous memories and I willingly gave them a go.”

Offline Ernest

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Premier Lug Issues
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2006, 08:11:38 PM »
Hello!  It's nice to see this forum alive and kicking!  How is everyone?  I've been a bit busy so I haven't been able to hang around the egroups lately. 

I have been having problems with the lugs of my Premier kit.  They seem to loosen up on their own while I'm playing on them.  It's annoying that I have to retune the toms every 4 or so songs.  Has anybody else encountered this problem?  How did you go about solving it?

Thanks for your answers!

PS>  If anybody has a spare Premier tuning lug please let me know.  I broke one one my snare so I had to get one from one of the other toms.
<CaR GeEk>
(OO=[][]=OO)
  E30 Car Club Philippines

Offline rasta_gopz

Re: Premier Lug Issues
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2006, 10:37:55 PM »
mine is not premier pero i experience dat in my old kit
nilagyan ko lang ng white tape
yung ginagamit ng mga tubero sa pipe lines
i dont know how u call that kind of tape basta manipis lang sya u usualy see it sa mga roskas ng pipe lines

it worked fine pero everytime u need to change heads or tune ur drums u have to change it again,

for me it worked pero try nyo na lang sir baka sakaling makatulong

Offline rasta_gopz

Re: Premier Lug Issues
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2006, 10:40:07 PM »
i remember its a teflon tape something that looks like this its prety much cheap,
this is the one i used wen some of my lugs got loose

u can also use it for other things

it fits very well sa mga roskas a few rounds of it will do

macgyver style  :-D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:50:00 PM by rasta_gopz »