hulika

Author Topic: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?  (Read 64078 times)

Offline j.escueta

Re: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
buhayin ko tong thread na to..

i own an early 90s RJ guitar.  During that time, hindi ko naman afford bumili ng mamahalin na fender strat, Gibson Les Paul or Ibanez man lang.  Presyong ginto kasi nun.  Hindi pa uso ang gawang china. 

Sa RJ factory ko binili yung akin - dun pa sya sa papuntang kalentong ata - ang na-alala ko lang eh sa makati mandaluyong bridge yung daan.

Sinalpakan kong EMG pickups tapos ok na.  Pero panget ng build quality.  Taas ng action - miski sagad sa baba yung bridge, taas pa rin.  Nagliha pa kong frets kasi buzzing na sya. 

Tunog?  pwede na, heavy metal eh  :-P

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
buhayin ko tong thread na to..

i own an early 90s RJ guitar.  During that time, hindi ko naman afford bumili ng mamahalin na fender strat, Gibson Les Paul or Ibanez man lang.  Presyong ginto kasi nun.  Hindi pa uso ang gawang china. 

Sa RJ factory ko binili yung akin - dun pa sya sa papuntang kalentong ata - ang na-alala ko lang eh sa makati mandaluyong bridge yung daan.

Sinalpakan kong EMG pickups tapos ok na.  Pero panget ng build quality.  Taas ng action - miski sagad sa baba yung bridge, taas pa rin.  Nagliha pa kong frets kasi buzzing na sya. 

Tunog?  pwede na, heavy metal eh  :-P
nag adjust ka ba ng truss rod before sanding the frets and adjusting the bridge height?

Offline jacobsarinas

« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »
IMO guitar sound depends on the PUPs, and of course must be in proper intonation :)

I have mine, RJ les paul copy.. Setup by sir Jun Castro.. And it sounds good.. PUPs rebalance, all PUPs are stock..
Blessed by the LORD, the KING!

Offline MR_BIG

« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2013, 12:00:44 PM »

This happend to 20 years ago, after practice, someone came up to me and ask about the guitar i was using, it was a rj ibanez copy

Man: where did you get that guitar?
Me: bought it from a friend
Man: you sure?
Me: yes!! ( gave him the name of the person that sold it to me)

Man: i like to buy it from you, for the same price you got it, that is my first guitar, stolen from me, my name is on the headstock
Me: ok that will be 5k, thank you

Mind you, if he didnt like how it sounds and feels, he wont be buying it from me again, remember we were kids back then, 5k was a lot of money in the 90s

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

nag adjust ka ba ng truss rod before sanding the frets and adjusting the bridge height?

Truss rod? I don't even remember if the neck had an adjustable truss rod!

Offline Fret_warrior

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

Sinalpakan kong EMG pickups tapos ok na. 

sinalpakan mo ba naman ng EMG pick up eh, gaganda talaga ang sound nyan.  :-D

Col. 2:8 ;
"Take care that no one takes you away by force, through man’s wisdom and deceit, going after the beliefs of men and the theories of the world, and not after Christ"

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:21 PM »
:) kahit saan naman atang brand makakakita ka ng pangit na gitara eh.
kahit ibanez pa brand . sa rj may mga pangit na gitara pero meron din nman maganda
depende lang sa pagpili mo. ibanez nga sana bibilhin ko eh ung ART series nila na 29k sa audiophile made in indonesia daw .mahal tapos d naman japan made . tatak lang yung nagpamahal.kung bibili ako gitara mas ok sakin yung khit di kilalang brand basta na try ko tapos ok sakin yung tunog .wala fretbuzz fedback etc....

i own RJ Bluesbreaker LP Copy .maganda ang tunog.
satisfy ako sa nabili ko.

i try to compare it to yamaha pacifica strat.model.
na ginagamit ko din sa gig . pero sa tingin ko mas ok yung RJ LP ko sa performance over all
disregard yung brand ..

Late to the party but I do believe Ibanez builds to very consistent tolerances compared to the OEM manufacturers they use for the RJ guitars at the moment. Tried and tested from the Ibanez lines up to Premium. The Indonesians don't mess around sa line na yun. For $300, the Indonesian Squier Vintage Modified line is REALLY good (although not without faults).The Pacifica might've been made in Taiwan and part of their entry level set while the RJ for sure is a rebranded Czech or Korean guitar that's at best on par with Ibanez' mid-end stuff. Nothing to do with it a local brand. I just think it's a local brand with inconsistent products. Not sure if I mentioned this na sa other RJ threads but sana RJ decides to re-vamp his surf-rock heritage and have people come up with original designs given to Cort or something.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2013, 12:35:54 AM »
The shreddy pointy guitar RJ's and ultra cheap electrics don't do anything for me. Have had good experiences with the les pauls and SG's, on the other hand. YMMV
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »
if you dont have much money..RJ guitars will sound good
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
sa tunog makaka-chamba... pero sa feel, ewan... tapos di pa naka-setup ng mabuti yung mga stock.

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Found my 20 yr old rj guitar. It says rj guitar by roadtone sa headstock. And its heavier than my recently acquired ltd m10 basswood body guitar. Ano kayang kahoy yung body?

Sana ok pa yung emg 81s.

Heres some pix.

Offline kctan666

• Veteran Member
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »
baaad logo and all...but do you guys think the RJ guitar center is rolling in a lot of dough?

or losing money but passion nya ?

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »
baaad logo and all...but do you guys think the RJ guitar center is rolling in a lot of dough?

or losing money but passion nya ?

Yes panget nung logo.  Action really sucked.  Bridge sucked.  Pero the wood is good.  The body is heavy and solid, the neck is nice and the fretboard is slightly curved.  Ok sya i-play pero ang panget lang talaga ng pagka setup ng guitar.  The saddles were of really cheap quality.  Nilagyan kong papel sa gitna ng body and neck para tumaas yung neck dahil ang taas sobra ng action.  And this cost 6k++ way back sa 90s ha.  Imagine that. 

Sinasak ko kanina yung guitar, gumagana pa yung EMG 81s.  Hanep, 20yrs old na, gumagana pa. :)

To add ,ginamit ni mike hanopol yan gitara ko nung tumugtog kami minsan sa RJ galleria.  Hindi naman nag reklamo.  Tinalsikan lang ng laway.  LOL!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:21:09 AM by j.escueta »

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2013, 05:42:49 AM »
I think I'm quite lucky for my RJ.
I currently own a decent 12-string acoustic.
The sound is quite dark for an acoustic guitar (the kind I like for a 12-string).
I had a bone saddle installed by sir Micsis for an added bite and brightness to the sound.

One thing I don't quite like about it is the binding on the neck and that RJ logo too!  :-\

Other than that, it's a decent-sounding and quite good-looking 12-string acoustic I've been using live and in recordings.  :)
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
My first guitar was a custom RJ flying V. It was a copy of Mustaine's Jackson flying V. This was back when RJ was  doing custom guitars. Their shop was located in Makati Ave. Siguro around lates 80's early 90's ito. 3rd year high school ako noon.

Neck was flamed maple, rosewood fretboard, pero hindi ko alam yung body...siguro mahogany, di sure, baka mas mumurahing kahoy.

custom made pickups ng RJ, dunno kung ano.

from what I remember, disente naman yata tumunog yung gitara. Although wala pa akong alam sa tone noon. basta alam ko lang is, itodo ang distortion level, at mag ingay lang.

Also, I only had 1 pedal it was a DOD Metal Maniac in Neon Yellow :-)

Offline jeck_six

« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »
Napapaisip din ako jan sa RJ guitar, meron sila acoustic worth 15k. so kung ako yung may 15k na budget para sa acoustic, why go for an RJ guitar if you could buy a takamine  acoustic guitar with your money  :-D

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:23 AM »
i think, dahil sa internet, sinira na ng information ang mga myths and legends regarding "rj" guitars..if we had no internet yet..they could still pass off rj as pioy pridez made in da pinas..kahit na outsourced na sa china and indonesia products nila.
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline queer_rocker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
i think, dahil sa internet, sinira na ng information ang mga myths and legends regarding "rj" guitars..if we had no internet yet..they could still pass off rj as pioy pridez made in da pinas..kahit na outsourced na sa china and indonesia products nila.

actually hinde internet ang sumisira sa rj kundi yung mga taong ayaw lang ang gawang rj kasi lokal mas gusto syempre nila yung mga balasik na gawa ni fender at ni gibson
dude, there is a difference between having fun and just being a troll.
weh di nga?

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:48 PM »
^mismo.  If you look hard enough, ok naman talaga.  Before the internet, a lot of things are simple. Kesa gumastos ka para sa sta.mesa "class A" guitars, konting stretch lang sa budget, you get the cheapest playable and acceptable sounding guitar.  May RJ logo nga lang.

Actually GAS never stops, but it has to start somewhere.

Instead of RJ les paul, save up for an Epiphone.
If you have epiphone, maybe look into MIJ les pauls
Kung may MIJ ka na, kaya mo na rin ang 2nd hand Gibson , kahit Studio
Kung Studio, better you save for a Standard or Traditional.
Kung may trad ka na, kelangan may Custom or Historic ka next
Historic already?  Luthier-grade replicas are better
Have a nice replica?  Time for a vintage burst.
If you have a vintage, is it played by someone famous?

What I'm saying, those who have like to step on those who don't.  Always 'inferior' gear, when some are actually 'superior' to what they have.  Simple lang ang electric guitar.  Buy based on your requirements.  Saken lang kung minimum requirements, it shouldn't get cheaper than an RJ.  Nothing wrong with what it can provide, assuming you try out a few.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
^mismo.  If you look hard enough, ok naman talaga.  Before the internet, a lot of things are simple. Kesa gumastos ka para sa sta.mesa "class A" guitars, konting stretch lang sa budget, you get the cheapest playable and acceptable sounding guitar.  May RJ logo nga lang.

Actually GAS never stops, but it has to start somewhere.

Instead of RJ les paul, save up for an Epiphone.
If you have epiphone, maybe look into MIJ les pauls
Kung may MIJ ka na, kaya mo na rin ang 2nd hand Gibson , kahit Studio
Kung Studio, better you save for a Standard or Traditional.
Kung may trad ka na, kelangan may Custom or Historic ka next
Historic already?  Luthier-grade replicas are better
Have a nice replica?  Time for a vintage burst.
If you have a vintage, is it played by someone famous?

What I'm saying, those who have like to step on those who don't.  Always 'inferior' gear, when some are actually 'superior' to what they have.  Simple lang ang electric guitar.  Buy based on your requirements.  Saken lang kung minimum requirements, it shouldn't get cheaper than an RJ.  Nothing wrong with what it can provide, assuming you try out a few.

--nice!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:23 PM »
Found my 20 yr old rj guitar. It says rj guitar by roadtone sa headstock. And its heavier than my recently acquired ltd m10 basswood body guitar. Ano kayang kahoy yung body?

Sana ok pa yung emg 81s.

Heres some pix.

Seryoso? EMG 81 talaga to?  :-o :eek:

Offline mjdcrml

« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
Just like the saying

"Wala sa PANA yan, nasa INDIAN yan"
"Appreciate what you HAVE before it becomes what you HAD."

Offline deadstars

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »
sale sa kanila, 6pm - 8pm 50% off na.

http://rjguitarcenter.com/

ok naman ang rj guitars. kailangan lang pumili ng mabuti.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:16 AM »
Just like the saying

"Wala sa PANA yan, nasa INDIAN yan"

Please refrain from using this cliche. What we are discussing is the quality of the gear/guitar and not the quality of the guitarist's playing. Thanks.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline electromark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
i have rj goldtop with p90. ok naman at maganda tunog. yun nga lang nabibigatan ako, sakit sa balikat. once ko palang sya nagamit sa gig.