hulika

Author Topic: "Class A" Ibanez Jems  (Read 14955 times)

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
"Class A" Ibanez Jems
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:10 AM »
www.talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,233401.0.html

does anyone here at PM tried one of these? Any reviews? tempting kasi.

Just want to hear your opinions before "tempting" turns to "gassing"

hehe. Thanks. :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:31:51 AM by markezekiel »

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "Class A" Ibanez Jems
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:18:59 AM »
looks nice, for a copy.  :lol:

“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:10:18 AM »
and japan made daw sabi nung ts. And it is only sold for 12k. Panalo kaya to?

Hehe. Syet! gaAaAas! Layuan mo ko!

Offline Alchemist0725

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »
IMHO, for 12k, I'll better go with the 2nd hand Ibanez RG around classifieds. Sa tingin ko after mo bilhin yung ganito, you still be longing "how it feels to play" an original Ibby than a copy.  :wink:

No offense to seller but i have a second thought if its "really" made in Japan.

1.0) Made in Japan (Black Jems are Made in Korea- Jem77v)

then sa FAQ nya:

-Madae na po me sinagot na ganya. after double confirmation from the supplier, this items are really made in Korea. Just to make the long story short po
TRUST me, this one is not from China. Madae na po ako transactions na nagawa and check nyo preferences ko, I'm not going to sell guitars na hindi po quality.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:19:22 AM by Alchemist0725 »
Who you?

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
is there a such things as CLASS A in guitar?

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »

thats what the ad says. Hehe. I already have an ibby rg350dx. Nakakatuwa lng kasi alam kong di ko ma aaford yung legit na jem7v. Hehe. :D

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »
and japan made daw sabi nung ts. And it is only sold for 12k. Panalo kaya to?

Hehe. Syet! gaAaAas! Layuan mo ko!

idk if you missed it or not. it's not MIJ.. it's MIK the ts stated it so. for me, for the 12k i'll just buy a nice 2nd hand s series(i prefer it more than rg).
and fyi, it doesn't have the jem feel and tone. i tried one and compared to my personal jem(which i traded to make way for a newer jem coming this july or august. lol) it's really different.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »
idk if you missed it or not. it's not MIJ.. it's MIK the ts stated it so. for me, for the 12k i'll just buy a nice 2nd hand s series(i prefer it more than rg).
and fyi, it doesn't have the jem feel and tone. i tried one and compared to my personal jem(which i traded to make way for a newer jem coming this july or august. lol) it's really different.
+1 for S Series guitars.

If you really want an RG, go for the newer models with the ZR trems.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
+1 for S Series guitars.

If you really want an RG, go for the newer models with the .

i guess what you meant is the edge zero II trems(lower version of edge zero)..:-D ZR = ball bearings. edge zero = knife edge
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »

ok sir. Gas cured. Hehe. :D

i think ill just try out those s-series

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:11 AM »

ok sir. Gas cured. Hehe. :D

i think ill just try out those s-series

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »

It's an overused term just to make is sound better than "fake".

IMHO, for 12k, I'll better go with the 2nd hand Ibanez RG around classifieds. Sa tingin ko after mo bilhin yung ganito, you still be longing "how it feels to play" an original Ibby than a copy.  :wink:

No offense to seller but i have a second thought if its "really" made in Japan.

then sa FAQ nya:

The TS should really check his sources. Sobrang contradicting ng mga sinasabi niya.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »
might as well just get the body and the neck..

and no thats china..those locking nuts are the death to me and also the trem...they need to be replaced...

and i did have copies too and also had co-workers ask me to order some..at stock with the parts it can be usable at some point till you start playing it the parts FLAIL...

and with this one. its not a dead-on clone..AANJ not right, try fitting it in an Ibanez rg formed case.. it wont sit right

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »
The key thing to always remember if you're goin' to purchase one of these is to have it properly and carefully set-up by an experienced guitar luthier. Have it tweaked a little bit here and there and that should do it.

If you're still not satisfied with the outcome, follow Bryanarz's advice, change some parts that you think should need to be replaced and replace it with the ones that'll suit your taste.

If nothing works still, then the guitar is not for you.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »
The key thing to always remember if you're goin' to purchase one of these is to have it properly and carefully set-up by an experienced guitar luthier. Have it tweaked a little bit here and there and that should do it.

If you're still not satisfied with the outcome, follow Bryanarz's advice, change some parts that you think should need to be replaced and replace it with the ones that'll suit your taste.

+100..  8-)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »
It's an overused term just to make is sound better than "fake".

yeah. kahit anong class pa yan, fake pa rin yan.  come to think of it tho, give the seller credit for actually saying that he's selling fakes.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »
yeah. kahit anong class pa yan, fake pa rin yan.  come to think of it tho, give the seller credit for actually saying that he's selling fakes.

OT: What is the difference between FAKE and COPY?

IMO: FAKE is when you sell it on the price of an original, I think that is fake.  And COPY is when you sell it on the price of a copy.  Just like the pirated DVDs, don't sell it at Php800 up, they sell it at Php30 and you don't say it's a fake but it's a copy.  Just my 2 cents.  Sorry sa OT TS.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »

also keep in mind,the cost of a luthier compared to the clone..but before that always try before you buy..

ah, before that make sure its what you wanted..meaning it feels  good, sounds good, plays good

true!

btw guys, its not class A if its not dead on(not parts wise but dimensions)..

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
OT: What is the difference between FAKE and COPY?

that's simple.   :-)

FAKE - a guitar stamped with Ibanez/Fender/Gibson when in fact it's not a real Ibanez/Fender/Gibson.

COPY - a similar guitar but without the branding.  samples are Japanese Strat/LP/ES335 copies, custom builds that are based on popular brands.  operating phrase being based on, it effectively copies the original.  but not claims it's an original.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »

FAKE - a guitar stamped with Ibanez/Fender/Gibson when in fact it's not a real Ibanez/Fender/Gibson.

COPY - a similar guitar but without the branding.  samples are Japanese Strat/LP/ES335 copies, custom builds that are based on popular brands.  operating phrase being based on, it effectively copies the original.  but not claims it's an original.

I think fake has something to do more with misleading a buyer it's the real thing and passing it out as the same price as the original.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »
I think fake has something to do more with misleading a buyer it's the real thing and passing it out as the same price as the original.

it's really not in the pricing but the branding.  it won't be a fake Fender if it doesn't have Fender stamped anywhere in the guitar.  you also can't pass a fake Fender as a real Fender if there's no branding.  :-)

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
There are costs associated with making a guitar and some of the basics are pretty much available online. Cheaper Fakes and copies use

1. Poor tuners
2. Poor Bridges

(Which ends up with you being out of tune most of the time)

3. Poor Electronics

(You end up humming or with switches not working / being scratchy)

4. Poor Fretwork

(Higher action so its harder to play the guitar)

5. Poor Wood

(Will probably warp depending if its summer or rainy season resulting in poor action).

SO

Yeah.. stop buying chinese fakes and get a decent quality controlled guitar like a low end Ibanez or the PRS SE's etc etc.

You dont need a Jem to play like Vai... hahaha .. just a [gooey brown stuff] of talent and practice with a decent guitar.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »

this. just like those epiphones that people keep making threads about.  :|

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
pass ka diyan bro. looks cheap. feels cheap.

mapapagastos ka pa lalo niyan. kasi in the end, i-dispose mo din yan for a better guitar.

btw, OT na pero I just hate how some Pinoys overuse the term "Class A". Langya sabihin nalang kasing diretso na FAKE. Ambot!!!

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
also keep in mind,the cost of a luthier compared to the clone..but before that always try before you buy..

ah, before that make sure its what you wanted..meaning it feels  good, sounds good, plays good

true!

btw guys, its not class A if its not dead on(not parts wise but dimensions)..

I know someone who charges at a very reasonable rate/price. Quality is superb!  :wink:

Bry, if it already feels, sounds and plays good, then he doesn't have to change anything, does he? :-D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:39:36 AM by guitarwiz02 »
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker