hulika

Author Topic: Snare Wire/Buzz/Bed thread  (Read 23418 times)

Offline glynminded

Re: Snare Wire/Buzz/Bed thread
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007, 07:11:04 AM »
If you ask me I think the snare buzzing can be used to your advantage... If you tune your toms far enough from the tuning of the snare it will still buzz but very minimal... more lang a small crack sound... same goes for the bass drum... I think it's advantageous by the fact that the added "crack" to each stroke of your toms or bass drum can make your sound unique... Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is one factor that makes Thomas Lang's bass drum sound different.... but still it's all up to your preferences....
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »
@glynminded..

good point bro, it's a good way to look at it.. :-D pero how could it be unique when most drummers do try to eliminate the buzz therefore there are more drums out there with buzz' than with out..

siguro Thomas lang is unique in terms of his level since most drummers of that caliber has perfected the buzz treatment and since he chooses to dwell with it,unique sya  :lol:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline glynminded

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »
@glynminded..

good point bro, it's a good way to look at it.. :-D pero how could it be unique when most drummers do try to eliminate the buzz therefore there are more drums out there with buzz' than with out..

siguro Thomas lang is unique in terms of his level since most drummers of that caliber has perfected the buzz treatment and since he chooses to dwell with it,unique sya  :lol:

sa bagay ahahaha... dati rin sinusubukan ko tanggalin ung buzzing eh... pero I realized everytime I turn off the snares.... nung pag hit ko ng bass drum *dug!* sabi ko sa sarili ko... "?!!! un na un?! parang walang buhay!" I felt like I like the bass drum with the crack sound better so ayun... I've eperimented with the tunings a lot and I came up with an almost satisfactory sound of my drums playing with the buzz... I have two snares so more crack! ehehehe...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:24:48 AM by glynminded »
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 01:31:47 AM »
I always believe that snare buzzes are natural.  All snare drums produce snare buzzes.  I think it's just a matter of lessening the buzz, in case it becomes too much or too annoying or too distracting.

Like what I shared on past EBs, what I do to minimize the buzz is to detune the four tension rods adjacent to the snare wires.  It works for me most of the time.

A quality snare-side drumhead may help too.

I also agree with what bro glynminded said.  We can use the snare buzz to our advantage.  Personally, I don't really crank my snare wires to super-tight settings.  It chokes the drum.  I like my snare drums to have some "breathing space".  And I also like to hear the snares "rattle" during live situations.  In my experience, it really sounds better live.  The buzz also somehow gives more "life" to the overall drumset sounds.  It does give a livelier ambience.

nO RLY

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »
[/i]
I also agree with what bro glynminded said.  We can use the snare buzz to our advantage.  Personally, I don't really crank my snare wires to super-tight settings.  It chokes the drum.
i agree with this.
..or mahigpit yung wires mo..
I think its the other way around? The looser the wires the more they vibrate therefore snare buzz..the tighter the wires gives more crack but somewhat lessens the buzz.. :?
sa wires ko kasi, ginagawa ko dun sobrang luwag. sobrang luwag na sobrang kaunti lang yung buzz na nakukuha kung pinapalo ko yung toms. but i understand na kung medyo maluwag yung wires, malakas talaga yung buzz niya. :-D

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
try buying muffler rings or external tone controller...okz yun to remove the "buzz". :-)

Offline wax_static

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »
i think, snare buzz is not that "annoying" that it needs to be eliminated... like peeves said buzzing will always be present... you'll learn to get along with it and who knows you might eventually like it. besides snare buzz is quite negligible when you're playing with your band.
I for myself have no problems with it. Furthermore tightening the snare is not really a good practice, like sir Dio said... it will choke the sound out of your snaredrum, for me I set my snare loose but tight enough just to make contact with the resonant side.... try to experiment with the tension of your snare :wink:

Offline s2ry0fdyr

Need Help! snare buzz..
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
I never had problems with toms creating snare buzz but everytime I hit the bass drum my snare buzzs.. it is so annoying'..

Whats the cure for this??

Offline AlienHipHop38

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Need Help! snare buzz..
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
:?

yeah major frustrations talaga yan... nung narinig ko kay Mike Portnoy na panay singles "daw" ginagawa nya,di ako naniwala lalo na ung tinugtog nla ung Overture sa SDOIT... May buzz roll section.

Advice ng friend ko.... Practice dw,doubles... Pwede rin triplets kaso pahirapan... Slow the speed then up. ^_^ 8-)
Love is the Dance of eternity...

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: Need Help! snare buzz..
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 11:49:58 PM »
I never had problems with toms creating snare buzz but everytime I hit the bass drum my snare buzzs.. it is so annoying'..

Whats the cure for this??

I just merged the topic you opened with this snare buzz mother thread.  Browse first around Pinoydrums Forum before opening a topic.  Read the replies on this thread for ideas and solutions.  8-)

:?

yeah major frustrations talaga yan... nung narinig ko kay Mike Portnoy na panay singles "daw" ginagawa nya,di ako naniwala lalo na ung tinugtog nla ung Overture sa SDOIT... May buzz roll section.

Advice ng friend ko.... Practice dw,doubles... Pwede rin triplets kaso pahirapan... Slow the speed then up. ^_^ 8-)

I believe the topic is referring to the potentially annoying snare drum buzz sound.  Not the buzz roll.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:58:06 PM by drumster »

Offline AlienHipHop38

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:53 AM »
I'm sorry! inaantok na ata ako. ^_^ :-P
Love is the Dance of eternity...

Offline Tryq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2007, 07:58:06 AM »
Meron po akong 14" na fernando piccolo snare...

ok lang ba kung 13" na snare wire ang gamitin?

thx! :-D
"Talent develops itself in solitude; character in the stream of life." J.W.G.

Offline bassman88

Different Snare wires and how they sound like
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2008, 09:34:57 PM »
Hi! Share ko lang, saw this in the net, ang gandang reference kung bibili kayo. Meron jan yung tunog ng 42 strand generic snare wire, ang ganda ng tunog, napakafat, nagorder na ako kay sir wax_tastic sa drum classifieds http://www.malletjazz.com/snares/snarewires/

Offline numberfortyone

Snare Wires Thread
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »
What is the difference on the sound of your snare when replacing the OEM snare wire?
for example an OEM 20-strand to a branded 20-strand (e.g. puresound, gibraltar, other material, etc.)
or even switching to more strands / less strands of snare wires.

share your reviews!  :-D

Offline jericho55

• Philmusicus Noobitus
snare wire problem..
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »
meron po akong napapansin sa snare wire ko pag pinapalo ko po ang mga tom ko naingay yung snare wire minsan pag mag rorolling ako sa tom sobrang lkas ng tunug nung snare wire panu ko po matatangal yung ganung tunug help naman....

paghinihigpitan ko ng sobra nawawala ng konti..ang panget naman pag sobrang higpit..

pag nilolowagan ko naman ng sobra nawawala ang pangit naman ng tunug pag luwag ng sobra...

sonor 13x7 special edition po ang snare ko...

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: snare wire problem..
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »
natural lang yan. ibig sabihin magkatono yung snare mo at isa o marami sa mga tom mo kaya lumalakas ng husto yung symphathetic buzz.

e yung 13x7 na snare mo kasing laki pa ng isang normal tom kaya itono mo ng mas mataas o mas mababa sa lahat ng mga toms mo.

Offline jericho55

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 10:56:37 PM »
ahhh normal lang pala yun,, pero pede po bung maalis yun tataasan ko lang po ang tono nung snare ko?????

Offline jericho55

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
ang tom ku nga pala ay 10 12 yung sa 12 po ang malakas tumunug...edi pag nakamic sobrang lakas pu nung tunug nung snare wire
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:00:14 PM by jericho55 »

Offline daleee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »
pag itotono mo yung snare mo, make sure na mas mataas siya sa highest tom mo, or ibang note dapat ang tunog niya compared sa toms mo...

Offline jake z

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »
put some tape.. o kya search mo sa youtube yung ky bob gatzen .. eliminating snare buzz... helpfull yun

Offline gido

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »
di naman maiwasan ung buzz sa snare.. kahit magsalita ka mapit sa snare mag buuz pa din un. kung gusto mong mawala ng buzz maglagay ka nalang ng basahan sa ilalim ng snare mo.

Offline Muzickero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2010, 11:48:22 PM »
i have a problem with the snare wire din po. . .bukod sa nagbubuzz sya pag pinapalo yung mga toms, parang sabog pa yung tunog nung snare. . .yung snare po is 14 x 6 na yamaha gigmaker lang po. . .medyo ok pa sya when i was still using the original yamaha batterhead, pero when i changed it to remo emperor x pumanget lalo tunog. . .help nmn po kung ano pwede gawin

Offline vhinming

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
ang payo ni bob gatzen (based sa napanood ko sa youtube) mas konti ang snarebuzz pag konti ang snarewire, nag trim xa ng 2 each side, and ok nga, pero ayoko mabawasan yung snare wires ko kaya ang ginawa ko, kumuha ako ng tape nilagyan ko ng tissue (parang magiging band aid yun, then idikit mo parallel sa snare wires (patakip), wag maxado tight dahil mamu-mute na, yung tamang sikip lang, try mo, effective kahit di maxado maganda tingnan, ayusin mo nalang yung paglagay (pag tiklop ng maayos sa tissue)

sana nakatulong ^_^
Only One Life so Soon it will Pass,Only Whats Done For Christ Will Last.

Drum Items? :wink: Click Here!

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
proper head tuning (both sides) and applying some snare buzz muffling techniques (a lot online, search for em).  :-)

Offline Muzickero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »
ang payo ni bob gatzen (based sa napanood ko sa youtube) mas konti ang snarebuzz pag konti ang snarewire, nag trim xa ng 2 each side, and ok nga, pero ayoko mabawasan yung snare wires ko kaya ang ginawa ko, kumuha ako ng tape nilagyan ko ng tissue (parang magiging band aid yun, then idikit mo parallel sa snare wires (patakip), wag maxado tight dahil mamu-mute na, yung tamang sikip lang, try mo, effective kahit di maxado maganda tingnan, ayusin mo nalang yung paglagay (pag tiklop ng maayos sa tissue)

sana nakatulong ^_^

thanks po. . .cge try ko to