hulika

Author Topic: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)  (Read 32140 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
Ipagpe-pray over ko na lang kayo. Sa mga happy na, very good. Sa mga hindi happy, sana mahanap nyo kaligayahan nyo.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline morphine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »
Ipagpe-pray over ko na lang kayo. Sa mga happy na, very good. Sa mga hindi happy, sana mahanap nyo kaligayahan nyo.

hahahahaha nice one BAMF.....
me i like the cabs looks....sound clips naman!!!

ot...bamf did you get your name from the sound nightcrawler (xmen) makes when he teleports???? bammmmfffff..... :-D

or is it the B.A.M.F@#ker
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:47:16 PM by morphine »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »
hahahahaha nice one BAMF.....
me i like the cabs looks....sound clips naman!!!

ot...bamf did you get your name from the sound nightcrawler (xmen) makes when he teleports???? bammmmfffff..... :-D

or is it the B.A.M.F@#ker

I've been wearing this callsign since my airsoft days...around 2002 or so. No, it's not original, but I liked it so much that I wore it. :-D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:29 PM »
Quote from: firemodel55 link=topic=198369.msg2752783#msg
(And so? Ito ang gusto ko gawin. Kanya kanya lang iyan di ba?)

... and by so doing and answering in such a crass manner we are the wiser about your attitude and character.

Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:02:05 PM by deltaslim »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
... and by so doing and answering in such a crass manner we are the wiser about your attitude and character.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ano na palang 2x12 cabinet ang na-try mo? 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »
Thanks to the thread starter for sharing pics and info. Very glad that you are happy with it. Would be interesting to try one out in the future, if only it were nearer home. It is definitely an option to be explored, especially for those of us who don't want the headache and/or cost of importing a cab.

Build? Materials? Anyone can speculate. And speculation is all it will be, and nobody is right or wrong (just opinionated) until it is a/b'd side by side with your choice of other cabs, using the same two speakers and the same amp.

Until that happens, out of respect to the TS, guys, keep your put-downs, jabs, and snide remarks to yourselves. Sayang ang info if this ends into a pissing contest again and the thread gets locked through no fault of the TS's intentions.

IMO, the proper way of comparing cabs (and other gear, for that matter) is to first categorize them by their price ranges, and match up only those that belong within the same bracket. Otherwise, comparing two amps with wildly differing cost of materials and labor components is not really fair.

Just to clarify.  I found it not appropriate for the builder to use marine ply without even identifying what the marine ply is made of.  Furthermore, it is funny that people assume that marine ply in the Philippines is the same marine play in the United States.  In fact, plywood in the Philippines whether marine or not is of inferior quality.  So, I have nothing against the TS.  I just felt the basic service was not rendered.  And believe me Jaime, wood in the cabinets play a big factor and I learnt this the hard way.  I would say it controls a dimension of sound that the speaker drivers cannot contribute to.  At first, I could not believe it when this was what my friends abroad insisted but when I tried it, they were correct.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:27:34 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2010, 10:33:20 PM »
Ano na palang 2x12 cabinet ang na-try mo? 

Well, among others, the one my 1963 Blonde Bassman used to sit on top of (like this one):

What's your point?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
Well, among others, the one my 1963 Blonde Bassman used to sit on top of (like this one):

What's your point?

I-describe mo nga ang tunog...

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
Yay! Another cornflake-pissing sausagefest.  :lol:
Kudos to Siochi for putting out a great and affordable amp/cab.

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »
meron swirling effect
What you own, owns you.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:35 PM »
If the builder uses imported quality materials, could an average Pinoy with a non-five to six figure salary afford to have one built for him?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:40:45 AM by Bart »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »

Why don't you buy one and find out for yourself?  :-)

Gosh. Not only do you evaluate cabs just based on what woods they use, you also evaluate cabs based on descriptions by people posting on forums? Hanep.

Aren't you the one who keeps saying, "Come to this/that place, try it yourself and prepare to be proven wrong!"  Why don't you apply your own "rule"?

@Bart - When I spoke to the builder, he has a custom built amp+head project where he plans to use kamagong and narra for the cab, with intricate designs patterns done in Laguna. So, in fact, he can build whatever he wants to or whatever the customer wants to. It's up to the customer to ask what his specs are, incl the use of specific woods.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:23:33 PM by deltaslim »

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
pop corn moments. nonstop testosterone level.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline st_anger

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »
if you think money is wasted on inferior materials then be it... its not yours anyway... its the TS's money... and what the heck... he is very satisfied with the siochi amp... kirk Hammet can play in a 10watt amp in a lawanit enclosure and still can justify his sound... its talent that matters most.... not your pricey imported american class A elite amps
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:30:28 PM by st_anger »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »
IFTST
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 11:54:26 PM »
i'm really tempted but i just read the gc survival guide again :wink:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:15 AM »
in for the sh%^& storm

oooohhhhh... IFTST too  :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 03:14:28 AM »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2010, 06:54:33 AM »

Gosh. Not only do you evaluate cabs just based on what woods they use, you also evaluate cabs based on descriptions by people posting on forums? Hanep.

Aren't you the one who keeps saying, "Come to this/that place, try it yourself and prepare to be proven wrong!"  Why don't you apply your own "rule"?

@Bart - When I spoke to the builder, he has a custom built amp+head project where he plans to use kamagong and narra for the cab, with intricate designs patterns done in Laguna. So, in fact, he can build whatever he wants to or whatever the customer wants to. It's up to the customer to ask what his specs are, incl the use of specific woods.

At least ON TOPIC ka na...

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2010, 07:30:57 AM »

Slim, based on your experience ... what normally makes for a better cab?

1. One with denser, stronger wood for the frame to serve as a more stable "room" for the sound

or

2. One made of lighter, old and more resonant wood?

My bet would go to the more resonant old wood .... but if we were talking about heavier maybe metal stuff, maybe hte denser wood??

We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
Oh. I was actually suggesting it. Id' love to hear and compare different cabs. Cheaper than buying them first and trying them just to find out. lol.

Turs I'm willing to throw my cab in there ... para lang may ibang options

at least may semi open oval back 2x12 cab na tayo ... problem lang is we aren't all using the same speakers...
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »
sama ako pag nag karoon ng A/Bing ng mga cab balak ko bumili ng 2x12
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »
Slim, based on your experience ... what normally makes for a better cab?

1. One with denser, stronger wood for the frame to serve as a more stable "room" for the sound

or

2. One made of lighter, old and more resonant wood?

My bet would go to the more resonant old wood .... but if we were talking about heavier maybe metal stuff, maybe hte denser wood??

Better cab for what?  It's difficult to say what's "better" without context. With what guitar, what amp, for what music, towards what tonal objective, how loud, how dynamic, in what venue... ad infinitum?

To be honest, I think all this talk about cab wood often goes a little overboard. It's minutiae. If you're gonna talk cab wood at all, IMO, the speaker baffle is also important and should not be overlooked. And there's a lesson to be learned there: Fender's baffle boards were made of plywood from 1946 to 1962. Particle board baffles debuted in 1963 and were used through the early 1980s. In other words, plywood/particle boards were part of that vintage sound. Did anyone complain then? Who insists on birch or pine used as the baffle board material for replicas of these amps? Builders who are trying to sell those cabs!  And who believes them?  Well, you get the picture...

If you really want a good sounding cab, it's the speaker that will make the most difference.

@firemodel55 - Is that on topic enough? If you wanted to be on topic in this thread, you should try the cab first and ask questions later. You'll be the wiser, even if it only reinforced your own dogma.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:07:09 AM by deltaslim »