hulika

Author Topic: What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?  (Read 15901 times)

Offline trojanvundo

• Veteran Member
Re: What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2010, 12:32:03 AM »
keh search ko
I don't bully, I just have standards, on and offline.

Offline koyuki_ahn

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »
lennon-mccartney pure talent at it's best! definitely they'll make it.. haha im even getting goosebumps just thinking about it.. seeing the beatles all together.. plus the technology now.. tsk tsk.. no doubt about it! for these lads hard topping singles is just like shooting a ball in a hoop the size of a drum =)
Squire Custom Telecaster
Boss CH-1
Boss DS-1

william251082

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »
There's no era like this if it weren't for the beatles. KNOW YOUR MUSIC HISTORY WELL!!!

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
Dun sa person na nagsabi na The Beatles invented Heavy Metal via Helter Skelter - I beg to disagree!
There was a band in US called Blue Cheer who in January 1967 released an album called Vincebus Eruptum. Many music critics sites this as the ground zero for heavy metal. Some argues that Are You Experienced? by the Jimi (it is Jimi not Jimmy) Hendrix Experience (his real name is Johnny Allen Hendricks which was some time later changed to James Marshall Hendricks). I have argued this point in a lot of forums in other websites because Blue Cheer is not being given credit by the public at large. Helter Skelter was not even recorded when Vincebus Eruptum was released.

Back to the main question. This is a case of chicken or egg. Here is my take - they will be a band that will release their music on the internet alone via downloads. Given the sorry state of the music industry these days where record companies REFUSE to sign talented people, the Beatles would not survive these sharky waters. The mindset of the record companies - "Why do we need some genius like Lennon/McCartney? We don't even know if it will sell. Let's just focus on Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton. They may suck as singers but at least it will keep our cash registers ringing!"
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »
The Beatles should have been re-born at this point because the past two decades have been characterized as the most confused decades in music history.

No doubt, they'll make it. Applying the same principle which Brian E. and EMI made many years ago, the Beatles will survive. Not ony EMI would sign them up, Sony/ Columbia and others would line up too. Their music, their persona and their vibes will tell you that no one among current artists are in their league. They will defy the present trend in recording artists selection. To quote Harrison: "It's the person and his vibes. Like the way Eric (Clapton) walks into the room. He changes the room's atmosphere." No wonder the latter has survived despite the arrival of the newer artists.

The music industry needs artists who can "contribute" (to borrow from Phil Spector)...that's the word  :-)

Offline audio deft

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
up to now, they're still making it. check out the record stores and you'll still see all their studio albums in cd's. they would'nt put it out there if those cd's are'nt selling. so to answer your question, yes they will because their music is timeless. i remember when i first heard the beatles in the early 90's, i just thought that it was so great. and it amazed me even more that the music they  created in the 60's could still have an impact on younger generations, like me back then.

maybe, if there's something that will be different, it's probably the intensity of the "mania" and hysteria they created in the 60's. the level will probably be down a notch. just my opinion

Offline gelobeans2004

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2010, 10:38:12 PM »
anu ba kayu si pop ngayon yung music natin dahil kay micheal jackson :)
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Offline bass_reaper

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
i think they will make it....

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »
Will they make it?

They definitely will

WIll they make it today, as big as they are during their era?

Sadly, i kinda doubt it,

but i like the beatles very much,pero  yan lang talaga ang praktikal na opinion ko.. kasi marami nang klase ng music ngayon at mas matindi na ang competition lalo na sa way of playing(na sila rin naman ang roots), unless nga they reinvent theirselves!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:07:12 PM by CeL1916 »
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »
LOL OMG, this is a very tough question, if you're the kind of person that can travel to a parallel universe where The Beatles doesn't exist, maybe you can answer this question. The question raises a lot of issues because first of all, The Beatles plays a big role in molding todays music, and taking them out of the equation is like disturbing the natural order of things in music history :lol:
Just wont burn...

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »
Will they make it?

They definitely will

WIll they make it today, as big as they are during their era?

Sadly, i kinda doubt it,

but i like the beatles very much,pero  yan lang talaga ang praktikal na opinion ko.. kasi marami nang klase ng music ngayon at mas matindi na ang competition lalo na sa way of playing(na sila rin naman ang roots), unless nga they reinvent theirselves!

may nabasa ako dito sa forum na to e.. "ano kaya music meron tayo ngayon kung wala ang beatles??"

kung ngayon pa lang pausbong ang beatles malamang iba yung tunog nila ngayon.. kasi yung beatles noong panahon nila parang ahead of their time yung music nila e.. malamang baka ganun din gagawin nila ngayon.. gagawa sila ng mas matinding pasabong na hindi natin inaasahan.. lalo pa ngayon na mas matindi yung mga gamit ngayon kaysa noong 60's.

medjo OT. pansin nyo ba yung ginawang impact ng album ng Radiohead na OK computer noong 90's?? yung tipong hindi mo aasahan na pwede pla gawin yung ganun, o pede pala gawin yung ganito.. o tulad din ng ginawa ng eheads sa pinoy rock..

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS