hulika

Author Topic: chicosci - LOCKED!!!!  (Read 16690 times)

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
chicosci - LOCKED!!!!
« on: November 18, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »
nagustuhan nyo pa ba music ng chicosci ngayon? ibang iba na kasi. hndi katulad nung 1st and 2nd album. mas gusto ko ung dating chicosci :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:17:37 AM by Anthria »

Offline flori

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: chicosci
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »
okay lang naman.

though i agree that i prefer their old sound. which is weird kasi i think they have improved a lot since then.
"One thing I've learned. You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it."
-- Constantine's internal dialogue,
    in SANDMAN #3: "Dream a Little Dream of        Me"

Offline vinz

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:21:40 AM »
i dont know what direction they are going to...pero astig si Mong eh galeng...

Offline akosikape

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:47:40 AM »

Baket sinasabe nila na they're not emo daw? Pero kasi ung dating ng songs sa new album nila ganun eh...  :|

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 02:15:02 AM »
Never liked them.

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:17:16 AM »
kasabay namen chicosci sa rockwell tent the other night. man, mong is an alien..

the guy brings his iMac with him on stage. playing his guitar, keyboard and chopping on his iMac all at the same time..

what a monster..
im screaming, im shouting...

Offline flori

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 05:24:03 AM »
si mong ay monster/mutant/bionic!!! cutee pa :P

rare daw ang guy na multi-tasker hehehe... yeah i know what you mean, drumfreak. i've seen chicosci perform millions of times and he's friggin' doing everything else all at the same time.
"One thing I've learned. You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it."
-- Constantine's internal dialogue,
    in SANDMAN #3: "Dream a Little Dream of        Me"

Offline Jihad15

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:40:12 PM »
para sakin, REVENGE OF THE GIANT ROBOT parin ang ASTIG! i like them alot back then, ngayon, ok lang...maganda parin...pero kasi yung bigat andun sa pinaka una...yung second album naman ayus rin...walang mas bibigat sa una ng album nila! dreads pa buhok ni miggy nun "I....AM...JAPANESE!.....HUH!!!!"
why cant i be the stoic that i used to be.....

Offline okidoki0522

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 01:42:24 AM »
hmmm.... we used to play with them... bar gigs... mayric's, millenia, freedom bar... excellent stage presence... ok din sila pag live...

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 03:54:46 PM »
theyre pretty good now. but personally, i miss the old sound.
still insane...

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 09:45:06 PM »
gusto ko tlga ung 1st album at 2nd. lalo na ung 1st mabigat pa. ewan ko bakit ganyan na direksyon nila ngayon. para kasing nakiki sabay na sila sa uso. parang emo emo na ang style nila.

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 03:16:41 AM »
WayneQB
deadly in black

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 03:26:12 AM »
I liked the former Chicosci before they became emo (wag na silang tumanggi, basic emo chords ang ginamit nila sa "a promise") too bad, when they became better, their packaging went worse....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »
emo chords :?
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
still insane...

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 11:50:08 PM »
I liked the former Chicosci before they became emo (wag na silang tumanggi, basic emo chords ang ginamit nila sa "a promise") too bad, when they became better, their packaging went worse....
onga pare sakto ka dyan. sayang talga. hindi lang chords pang emo pati ang drums. heheh :-D

Offline spazzkid

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »
their sound is very differnt nowadays. wether they like it or not, talagang yung tunog nila sticks to the emo/post hc aesthetic. nothing wrong with that really. desisyon din siguro nila na ganon sound ang gusto nila puntahan. every band should be entitled to that decision.

as for me, i was never a fan and never liked their music. but i respect what they do. :)

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 12:18:53 AM »
minsan iniisip ko nag change sila ng style kasi baka nakiki sabay lang sa uso. sa mga emo emo. hehe

Offline spazzkid

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »
uso nga ang emo. if they shifted to that genre because of its "marketability", we do not really know.

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 12:36:56 AM »
d natin alam. pero pwedeng tama ang iniisip natin.. :-)

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 01:01:39 AM »
This is what's wrong with the whole local music scene: Cashing in on trends and compromising musical integrity(that is if you really had one in the first place) just to make a quick buck. Naaalala ko pa ang itsura ng mga ito nung patok pa ang Korn, Limp Bizkit et al, tapos ngayon trying hard na maging My Chemical Romance ng Pilipinas.

Offline spazzkid

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 01:56:30 AM »
i completely agree with what youve said,but let me just tell you that there would always be the business and the capitalist side of the music scene. there would always be people who would cash in current trends and such. but the good news is, we have a choice: either to make our own music or choose music that we like. we dont need to just listen to what is fed to us through the radio or any mainstream media.

so,  who [strawberry] cares if chicosci makes a quick buck thru playing "emo"?

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 02:57:54 AM »
i completely agree with what youve said,but let me just tell you that there would always be the business and the capitalist side of the music scene. there would always be people who would cash in current trends and such. but the good news is, we have a choice: either to make our own music or choose music that we like. we dont need to just listen to what is fed to us through the radio or any mainstream media.

so,  who [strawberry]in cares if chicosci makes a quick buck thru playing "emo"?

In contrary of what you said, maybe they went emo dahil sa label(May label ba sila? as in record label?). if they have, malamang sabi ng label yun. Yun ang difference ng labeled sa hindi, yayaman ka ng katiting, sisikat ka, kaso kontrolado na ng label ang identity ng banda mo. While in indie, yes you may have gigs and tours but not as much as the labelled guys. So either way, kung indie pa rin ang chicosci, maybe decision na nga nila ito. Kung sabi ng label, well, alam niyo na ang nangyari. What we are talking about by the way is about the band chicosci and not the people who like it or not. DO NOT DISS THE PERSONS WHO COMMENT AGAINST YOUR LIKING. As the saying goes, to each man his own.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline spazzkid

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »
fyi, im not dissing anybody here - please read my posts again.  8-)

"to each his own" - definitely agree :)

Offline okidoki0522

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 07:13:23 AM »
reditz: this thread is goin' nowhere... chat na lang tayo.... hehehehe! dami kasi know it all dito dude... hehehe  :-D  :-D