hulika

Author Topic: WHAT IF?: An Eraserheads Conspiracy Theory  (Read 21964 times)

Offline doodle

• Netizen Level
Re: WHAT IF?: An Eraserheads Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline doodle

• Netizen Level
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »
----------- :mrgreen:

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »
 :?
Steady lang..

Offline doodle

• Netizen Level
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 06:14:05 PM »
-----------tama! :mrgreen:

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »
ei, me narinig ako racket sa mga albums na nirerelease ng mga sikat na bands....

have you ever wondered how does this famous bands were able to sell many copies in just a short period of time?

me mga racket pla sa ganyan....  one thing tyhey do is buy their own records.... for example those number of copies that will make them platinum album.....  then people will think that it is really selling like hotcake....

and one band that used this system is sadly eheads......  tagal ko na narinig to... but i took it as tsismis lang...

let me calrify and explain something you guys may not know...
ever heard a record company or an artist announce that their album hit platinum upon release (which i believe happened to the eraserheads, unfortunately this was before my time managing the band)? what this actually means is that the artist has been creating a real big buzz or their previous album was so successful to a point that when their new album is released, it is super anticipated by everyone (the record company, record bars, and the buying public = fans) making the record bars order so much stock from the record company (by sending a P.O. or purchase order indicating how many copies they will get) to put on the shelves right away...anticipating that it will get wiped out kaagad. the P.O. is also an indication to the record company of how many copies of the album they should even have made as an initial order from the printers and replication plant!

therefore, if all orders from all record bars all over the philippines put together add up to X number of copies which is considered as platinum, maski hindi pa talaga ito nabili ng mga fans, for the record company, considered as sold na yun. that's why they say it hit platinum upon release or in a short period of time.

you can ask any record company about this to verify if what i am saying is true or not.

although it is true that anyone, including the artist themselves, can buy stocks of their own albums para palabasin na madami silang nabenta, this theory is plain stupid (if you do the math) na yun lang yung reason kung bakit dumami ang benta. no artist, no matter how successful or rich or desperate will be able to afford this lalo na nung time ng eheads. remember, kelan na lang binaba ang SRP ng local albums? nung time na sikat na sikat ang 'heads, P425/album ang SRP and out of that, masuwerte na sila kung kumita sila collectively (meaning as a whole band and not as individual members) ng P15/copy sold. based on this, are you telling me that an artist would be willing to waste P405 x 40,000 (kasi those days you had to sell 40,000 units to make patinum) = 16.2M of their money just to make it seem like they sold a lot of albums? parang hindi ata.
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
TAMA SI MA'AM KARINA..

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »
Hmmmmmmm.... the popular tsismis vs. the professional manager's comment...

I'd go with the pro manager... hahaha...

Well anyway tungkol dun sa review sa ultraelectromagnetic jam... tama ung nag-post... bukod sa immature ang concept... (nu ba yan... may banda si Ely, may banda si Raims, may banda si Buddy... pati nga si Marcus)... di pa nabigyan ng justice ang kanta... It took only three pogi bands to... well... turn me off with the album... and throw my pirated album to the trash can... kasi nalagay ko na sa computer ang "Alkohol" and "Superproxy" (kasi un lang naman ang may kwenta... di naman sa minamaliit ko contributions ng Imago, Sugarfree and Orange and Lemons... pero di masyadong inspired ang work)

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
ok un bro ako din alkohol at superprox lang din trip ko!!!! :-D
Steady lang..

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 08:10:36 PM »
Magrereunion sa kapag may sobrang laking event. Like the police in the grammys
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2007, 01:11:46 AM »
up
Steady lang..

Offline oluap

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 01:27:42 AM »
wow, straight from a former manager of the groups mouth na...!!! :-D

ei, me narinig ako racket sa mga albums na nirerelease ng mga sikat na bands....

have you ever wondered how does this famous bands were able to sell many copies in just a short period of time?

me mga racket pla sa ganyan....  one thing tyhey do is buy their own records.... for example those number of copies that will make them platinum album.....  then people will think that it is really selling like hotcake....

and one band that used this system is sadly eheads......  tagal ko na narinig to... but i took it as tsismis lang...

ever heard a record company or an artist announce that their album hit platinum upon release (which i believe happened to the eraserheads, unfortunately this was before my time managing the band)? what this actually means is that the artist has been creating a real big buzz or their previous album was so successful to a point that when their new album is released, it is super anticipated by everyone (the record company, record bars, and the buying public = fans) making the record bars order so much stock from the record company (by sending a P.O. or purchase order indicating how many copies they will get) to put on the shelves right away...anticipating that it will get wiped out kaagad. the P.O. is also an indication to the record company of how many copies of the album they should even have made as an initial order from the printers and replication plant!

therefore, if all orders from all record bars all over the philippines put together add up to X number of copies which is considered as platinum, maski hindi pa talaga ito nabili ng mga fans, for the record company, considered as sold na yun. that's why they say it hit platinum upon release or in a short period of time.

you can ask any record company about this to verify if what i am saying is true or not.

although it is true that anyone, including the artist themselves, can buy stocks of their own albums para palabasin na madami silang nabenta, this theory is plain stupid (if you do the math) na yun lang yung reason kung bakit dumami ang benta. no artist, no matter how successful or rich or desperate will be able to afford this lalo na nung time ng eheads. remember, kelan na lang binaba ang SRP ng local albums? nung time na sikat na sikat ang 'heads, P425/album ang SRP and out of that, masuwerte na sila kung kumita sila collectively (meaning as a whole band and not as individual members) ng P15/copy sold. based on this, are you telling me that an artist would be willing to waste P405 x 40,000 (kasi those days you had to sell 40,000 units to make patinum) = 16.2M of their money just to make it seem like they sold a lot of albums? parang hindi ata.

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 01:43:11 AM »
yaaaaan ano tsismis pa!!! :-D
Steady lang..

Offline manins

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
i cant even the eheads buying their own records just so maging platinum yung album nila. hehe. well kaya siguro to cinspiracy for the eheads!

anyway, any truth to the box set of all eheads albums?  :mrgreen:

underside
now and again, its rather tempting to tell the truth with a  joke.

Offline ogs-peace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »
you know, that theory is kinda interesting, and i'm willing to wait for a decade or so to find out....

my guess is.., ely might leave the music scene when he hits 50...

but still, that's just an opinionated guess hehe...

though ely keeps on saying in interviews that he disdain or tries his best NOT to sing eraserheads classics, he still does otherwise - acknowledge the fact that he was the Legendary icon who made those timeless opm songs.. by singing them [so far ang mga nakanta nya out of all eraserheads songs [while he's in pupil] are the following: pare ko, alapaap, magasin, huling el bimbo]... and that's FOUR SONGS out of 150-160 songs [included ang dzup and pop-u albums] of the Eraserheads! O .O

if he sings minsan [the allegedly 'eraserheads' anthem of most fans] - it might only mean on thing... he misses the old days..

well, that's my side of the story regarding the thread starter's 'conspiracy theory'...

another crime another reason gets you everyday
the only time that you can talk - you ain't got nothin' to say
well i'm caught up in some stupid game that i can't play
it's such a waste of time.. but i'm in it anyway...

Waiting for the bus © 1995 Cutterpillow

ciao! :D

- Ogs

Offline pyrosolaris

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2007, 11:04:41 PM »
Eraserheads conspiracy theory. Leynteeeeyhk! sa lahat ng pwedeng pag-initan yung "The Eraserheads" pa ang pinag-initan!  Respeto naman! Yung lang mensahe ko sa kung sino man ang nagkalat ng kwentong yaaahhnn!!! Ahh! Pownyehtaaahhh!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Rise O fallen fighters,
Rise and take your stance again,
Coz he whho fights and runs away, Live to fight another day  -Berhane Selassie (Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.) The Heathen, Bob Marley and the Wailers   BAKIT 125 LANG ANG POSTS KO??? MODS

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »
May napanood po ako sa youtube tungkol sa pag-disband ng E-heads.

Sabi dun na-late daw si Sir Ely sa isa sa mga mall gigs nila, sinabihan sya ng manager na unprofessional, ang nakalagay dun na parang "malamig" ung pakikitungo ng tatlo kay Sir Ely.
Pakiramdam daw ni Sir Ely na para syang trinaydor.

Uulitin ko lang po na hindi sa akin nanggaling yan, sa Youtube ko lang po nakita yan. Peace!!
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »
I cant wait to hear

"Ladies and Gentlemen Give it up for the ERASERHEADS!!!!"

FCUK that would be beautiful..
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
I cant wait to hear

Oo nga, that would be f**king beautiful.  :-D

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »
I cant wait to hear

Oo nga, that would be f**king beautiful.  :-D

Kahit hindi na sila tumugtog, sana they can be friends again, especially Lennon and McCartney.

Offline reps

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2007, 12:47:09 AM »
Eraserheads conspiracy theory. Leynteeeeyhk! sa lahat ng pwedeng pag-initan yung "The Eraserheads" pa ang pinag-initan!  Respeto naman! Yung lang mensahe ko sa kung sino man ang nagkalat ng kwentong yaaahhnn!!! Ahh! Pownyehtaaahhh!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Chill ka lang. The threadstarter was just writing FICTION.
feedback is your friend

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »
Ang tagal na pero hindi pa rin nalalaman yung pinaka-dahilan kung bakit nag-disband.

Yung napanood ko sa Pipol, sabi ni Sir Ely. Iba-iba na daw yung gusto nilang gawin.

Sa youtube naman. Basta lagay nyo na lang "Eraserheads Break-up Story"

Anu ba yung alam nyong pinakapinaniniwalaang theory?

Sana nandito sa Detective Conan.  :lol:

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2007, 01:51:27 AM »
I have a feeling tumatawa lang ang mga ilang former Eheads tungkol sa thread na ito.

Although I used read some of their press interviews before...remember their "8 down, two to go" statements, as far as their BMG contract was concerned? 
Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
I have a feeling tumatawa lang ang mga ilang former Eheads tungkol sa thread na ito.

Although I used read some of their press interviews before...remember their "8 down, two to go" statements, as far as their BMG contract was concerned? 

8 Down, 2 To Go? = 10-8=2  :lol:

(Anu kaya ibig nilang sabihin dyan?)  :? :-)

Offline klonipin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »
If this really happens in the music scene, I believe that eheads never even thought about doing it. Very evident naman how influential they were during their time and even today's generation can dig in to their music. I for example, bought cutterpillow three times, because everytime someone borrows my eheads tapes before, and it wasn't returned, it was a must for me to replace it with a new one because eheads is my collection--from ultraelectromagneticpop to carbonstereoxide--i have it! isama na natin yung ultraelectromagneticjam, eraserheads anthology I and II.

heto pa, my classmates knew how fanatic i am to eheads, and one time during our christmas party when i was a freshman high school pa that time, I received 4 fruitcake albums from four of my friends, and the funny thing there is yun din ang iniregalo ko sa mga tropa ko. so it ended up na lahat kami merong fruitcake albums, pinamigay ko na nga yung isang fruitcake tape ko sa crush ko that time kasi sobrang fan din siya ng eheads.

Come to think of it, milyun-milyon ang fans ng eheads during their prime, tapos gagawa p asila ng ganyan? bibili ng sariling album? o c'mon!
wow, straight from a former manager of the groups mouth na...!!! :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2007, 08:20:05 PM »
Oo nga, di naman sila ganun.  :-o