hulika

Author Topic: PINOYDRUMS UNIFIED HELP THREAD (POST ALL GENERAL DRUM-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE!)  (Read 271691 times)

Offline yuki213

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hi po guys new lang po ako dito kya gusto ko po mag tanong okay lang po ba na ung heads ko is lazer tas may ring muter. ?

Offline plitipiw40315

• Veteran Member
hi po guys new lang po ako dito kya gusto ko po mag tanong okay lang po ba na ung heads ko is lazer tas may ring muter. ?

Walang problema dyan bro as long as magada sya sa pandinig mo..  :-D
...drummers are good ROLL models...

Offline rody_piper2005

• Netizen Level
mGA sir im planning to buy a drum pedal but money wise i need those cheapest stock but has a good quality....tnx!
<@_@>!

Offline glennaui

• Forum Fanatic
Bili ka ng 2nd hand na Eliminator or IC, or Gib 6611...
Hi-end quality but cheap... :lol:

Lahat naman ng pedal ginawang durable kasi inaapakan yan... isa sa pinakaginagamit ng drummer...
Nasa maintenance nalang at kung paanu mo sya gamitin... :mrgreen:

Offline NATSBRATS

Sirs nakaka affect po ba sa sound ng drums ang drum hoops? Please indicate what kind of hoop at ano ang nagagawa nito sa sound ng drum. Sa snare at toms. Salamat po!  :)

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Drum hoops (also called rims) come in three basic flavors: flanged, die cast, and wood. Each have their own pros and cons. So read on to learn the differences and which style appeals to you.

-Flanged Hoops

The most common type of drum hoop used today is a flanged hoop. You'll find different types of metal with varying thickness used. How hard or soft the metal is will have an affect on tuning and ultimately the sound.

Flanged hoops are made by taking a strip of metal and folding it, creating approximate 90 degree bends called "flanges". Modern hoops have three bends and are called "triple-flanged". The folding is usually done by stamping the metal. The stamped metal is then made into a circle and welded. Evenly spaced holes are punched into the metal for the tension rods to pass through (which screw into the lugs!).

Regarding metal type and thickness, it's important to know that thinner metal is more flexible which makes good contact around the head and shell. This is great for cheaper shells since they may be more prone to be "out of round".

Thinner hoops are harder to tune though, but they are preferred on toms since they give a fatter sound. Thicker, stiffer metal is also used in flanged hoops. They behave more die cast hoops (discussed next).

BOTTOM LINE: Flanged hoops are cheaper than the others hoop types and event considered "flemsy", BUT they are great for specific tuning purposes.

-Die Cast Hoops

Die cast hoops are made by pouring molten metal into a mold (or die) that is the exact shape and size for the finished hoop. This results in a thicker and stronger rim than flanged hoops.

WHAT DOES THAT MATTER?

It means that the drum head can be tuned more evenly since it is more responsive through the tuning range with less varied overtones. However, limited flex of the hoop tends to show when the drum shell or head are not completely round, making it difficult to get the best sound out of the drum. Sounds like a two-edged sword eh?

The solid nature of die-cast hoops causes them to resonate along with the shell and head. This causes the drum to have a sharper sound with increased overtones and clarity.

Die cast hoops can be used on one or ALL of your drums. They are often used on the snare alone since the head tends to be harder, giving every strike a sharper sound. That is ideal for a snare, but most drummers don't want that kind of attack on their toms, which is why flanged hoops are popular for toms.

The fun part is trying die cast hoops on different types of drums on your kit to see how the head responds and tone changes.

-Wood Hoops

And now for those beautiful wood hoops. They are constructed in the same fashion as wood shells. The biggest difference is the number of plies (usually 10), and thickness (about 3/4"). You'll find that wood hoops are generally made out of maple wood.

Wood hoops can either be rigid or flexible depending on how they're made. As a result they can take on tuning features of die cast hoops (if rigid) or flanged hoops (if flexible).

An interesting feature of wood hoops is that they absorb much of the vibration and act like an extension of the shell which gives the drum a bright resonance.

FINAL COMMENTS: There are other drums parts not discussed here. These include snare strainer throw-offs, vent holes, screws, washers, and so on. For the purposes of buying or upgrading a drum kit, the two drum parts that you should pay the most attention to are lugs (remember- "low mass") and hoops (mix and match for an improved sound!).

Offline glennaui

• Forum Fanatic
Selecting a snare

Wood
-Birch or Maple?

Size?
-13x6 or 14x5.5

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Selecting a snare

Wood
-Birch or Maple?

Size?
-13x6 or 14x5.5

this would definitely help out! :-D

http://mikedrums.com/tuning/shell.html

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
hi guys, makikidayo lang, me nagpapasuyo lang magpatanong  :-D

magtatanong lang sana ako san ba nakakakuha ng replacement ng padding dun sa beaters ng pedal (tama ba term ko?) Iron Cobra yung Pedal eh pudpod na kasi yung padding sa dulo nung sa beater yung ganito (white part)

if ever may nagrerepair or replace neto pa PM naman ako mga ser, sayang din kasi kung papalitan yung buong beater hehe baka me remedyo salamat po  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:30:46 PM by vinz »

Offline drytone

• Philmusicus Noobitus
mga tol... ngkaka problema ako kung pno pabilisin ung single stroke ko... ang tagal ko n ng ppractice ng single stroke ndi ko p dn sya mpabilis ng sobra... ndi ko alam kung sa grip ko ung problema o kung anu man... help nmn anu b m aadvice nyo sakin.. im still confuse if what kind of grip i should use to improve my single stroke... feeling ko kasi nsa limit nko.. haha salamat mga kapatid...

pls avoid partial text speak. thanks! - mod
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:54:11 PM by Riff_6603 »

Offline evhul

Stagg cymbals OK ba? may nagbebenta kasi ng China 1k lang. regalo ko sana sa drummer namin.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:26:45 PM by evhul »

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
Stagg cymbals OK ba? may nagbebenta kasi ng China 1k lang. regalo ko sana sa drummer namin.

Check mo muna yung condition ng cymbals sir...

Look for cracks, dents or if may key holes...

If none of the above, i'ts a win for you...
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator

magtatanong lang sana ako san ba nakakakuha ng replacement ng padding dun sa beaters ng pedal (tama ba term ko?) Iron Cobra yung Pedal eh pudpod na kasi yung padding sa dulo nung sa beater yung ganito (white part)

if ever may nagrerepair or replace neto pa PM naman ako mga ser, sayang din kasi kung papalitan yung buong beater hehe baka me remedyo salamat po  :)

mas mura palitan yung beaters altogether instead of buying replacement pads. PM ko sa'yo contact person for audiophile bro. :mrgreen:

mga tol... ngkaka problema ako kung pno pabilisin ung single stroke ko... ang tagal ko n ng ppractice ng single stroke ndi ko p dn sya mpabilis ng sobra... ndi ko alam kung sa grip ko ung problema o kung anu man... help nmn anu b m aadvice nyo sakin.. im still confuse if what kind of grip i should use to improve my single stroke... feeling ko kasi nsa limit nko.. haha salamat mga kapatid...

pls avoid partial text speak. thanks! - mod

check out dom famularo's video lessons on free strokes. it would greatly help you out.

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/drumset/domfamularo.php

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic

i-diy mo nalang sir. palitan mo ng rubber, wood, plastic or same material as felt. yung cork pwede din kung may makukuhanan ka po. i sand mo nalang yung surface para ma even at di makasakit sa bass head.

Offline marbeen

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Mga ser ano po ba prob ng pagdrudrums ko? tigil ko na po ba? o makukuha pa to sa praktis hehe

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3055382555304

yan po vid ng cover ko Halik - kamikaze

simple lang po pero prang hirap na hirap daw ako tignan hehe lamats mga ser. kahit sobrang negative comment nio tatangapin ko po
salamat.

Offline mokie

• Veteran Member
mga sir, anong maganda drum head para sa 16" floor tom ko na cinonvert ko into bass drum? currently naka ec2 yung floor tom ko, balak kong palitan kapag naging bass drum na siya. catalina maple po yung floor tom. thanks!

Offline denxio14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hello po, paano po inaapply yung concept ng Loose Phrasing sa drums? Thanks po.. :wink:

Offline divinitydrum

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I thinks it's just when you play what you feel. Not being precise and a lot of off-time and such. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline y2jae21

di kasya yung trick throw off ko sa tatlong snares ko, masyadong magkalapit yung dalawang screw sa isat isa. ayoko namang magdrill ng panibagong butas sa shell ko. may paraan ba para maikabit ng hindi nagddril? baka may adaptor na pwedeng gamitin?

Offline cameltoe

wala ng ibang way kungdi mag drill ng new holes..hindi naman pwede imighty bond yan hehe

Offline jckazs

Me mga gumagawa ng retrofit plate / adaptor. Not sure lang kung nagshiship dito. Check mo to: http://dwsnare.com/

Offline y2jae21

hassle naman, sana nagdunnett nalang ako

Offline brokensticks

trick has 1 inch separation between screws. the usual screw separation for many throwoff among many brands is 1.5" DW has 1 3/8"

Offline popsicle

• Veteran Member
hassle naman, sana nagdunnett nalang ako
tama ka sa sana mo...

Offline byako21

pede nga bro yung retro plate na concept. pa machine shop ka na lang ng aluminum plate. ano ba sukat ng throw off mo at ng butas sa snare mo??