hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 479513 times)

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
I just got a Wampler Pinnacle w/c I think is gonna be very versatile gain-wise and midrange-wise for me. Since I now have my main dirt pedal, I'm now starting the hunt for the perfect boost pedal.

So far, I'm considering either a TS9 or a Wampler Euphoria (Ecstasy). Im after that OD that can still give me clean-ish crunch pag hindi naka-stack and lead tones when stacked with the Pinnacle that would cut through the mix pretty well especially in a live band setting. Also, it should work pretty well with solid states as I gig on different bars (w/c mostly uses SS amps) and don't own a tube amp yet.

What would you recommend guys? Any other suggested pedals apart from those two? (must not be a big pedal as I'm about to use a 20x7 board soon)

Thanks in advance guys!

:)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:52:48 AM by Autoplay2009 »
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
+1 sa roland cube kung may cash ka to spare.

how about a Line 6 Spider (3 or 4) 30w, compared to the Stagg 20w and Roland 20w?
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
I just got a Wampler Pinnacle w/c I think is gonna be very versatile gain-wise and midrange-wise for me. Since I now have my main dirt pedal, I'm now starting the hunt for the perfect boost pedal.

So far, I'm considering either a TS9 or a Wampler Euphoria (Ecstasy). Im after that OD that can still give me clean-ish crunch pag hindi naka-stack and lead tones when stacked with the Pinnacle that would cut through the mix pretty well especially in a live band setting. Also, it should work pretty well with solid states as I gig on different bars (w/c mostly uses SS amps) and don't own a tube amp yet.

What would you recommend guys? Any other suggested pedals apart from those two? (must not be a big pedal as I'm about to use a 20x7 board soon)

Thanks in advance guys!

euphoria fits the bill. plus it's got a plethora of other features too. timmy is another option also. but if you are on a tight budget...soul food is the way to go.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus

Thanks in advance guys!

Okay si euphoria bro. pero if you just want a volume boost, it might be best to use transparent ODs.

You can look at the EHX SoulFood, the Mooer Pure Boost or Hustle Drive, Danelectro Transparent Overdrive.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
how about a Line 6 Spider (3 or 4) 30w, compared to the Stagg 20w and Roland 20w?

Features wise, the STAGG does not compare to the Cube or the Spider. these are modeling amps na kasi. The STAGG is just good for volume and pedal friendliness.

Between the Spider IV or Cube, i'll go for the CUBE.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus

Features wise, the STAGG does not compare to the Cube or the Spider. these are modeling amps na kasi. The STAGG is just good for volume and pedal friendliness.

Between the Spider IV or Cube, i'll go for the CUBE.

alright, thank you sir! the cube it is! o kung ano ang mas mura sa classifieds  :wink:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
alright, thank you sir! the cube it is! o kung ano ang mas mura sa classifieds  :wink:

GOLDEA AT30. para tube goodness HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
GOLDEA AT30. para tube goodness HAHAHAHAHAHA

kapat tube ba automatic warm ang sound?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
kapat tube ba automatic warm ang sound?

Well, in my experience, Yes. lalo na sa mga murang Solid State.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Well, in my experience, Yes. lalo na sa mga murang Solid State.

interesting, I'm thinking solid state kasi friendly sa "digital" sound; pero kung idadaan mo sa tube amp... baka magtunog analog kahit papaano, hmm...  <_<

Offline riven319

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Sirs, 

This question may have been posted before but I'm having a hard time looking for concrete results...   

I'm deciding between the peavey 6505+ 112 combo and the peavey classic 30.  I know both are supposedly too loud for bedroom practice amps but I still want that headroom in case I'm invited to a garage jam.  I'm not a professional musician nor a good guitarist by most standards but I do love audio equipment   I have a wide range of music preference from alternative to heavy metal.

I don't know if there are other options for the price range but I was interested in the peavey 6505 combo...  thing is, a lot of reviews say their cleans aren't good enough but of course those who have really used the amp locally may have a different opinion.  An alternative would be the classic 30 which has good reviews and is US made but I'm not sure if it will hold up to metal jams.  Btw, I'll be using the amp with an ibanez rg and a yamaha ty tabor sig along with a digitech rp800.

This will be my first full tube amp if ever so any suggestion from you guys would be highly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:46:32 PM by riven319 »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Sirs, 

This question may have been posted before but I'm having a hard time looking for concrete results...   

I'm deciding between the peavey 6505+ 112 combo and the peavey classic 30.  I know both are supposedly too loud for bedroom practice amps but I still want that headroom in case I'm invited to a garage jam.  I'm not a professional musician nor a good guitarist by most standards but I do love audio equipment   I have a wide range of music preference from alternative to heavy metal.

I don't know if there are other options for the price range but I was interested in the peavey 6505 combo...  thing is, a lot of reviews say their cleans aren't good enough but of course those who have really used the amp locally may have a different opinion.  An alternative would be the classic 30 which has good reviews and is US made but I'm not sure if it will hold up to metal jams.  Btw, I'll be using the amp with an ibanez rg and a yamaha ty tabor sig along with a digitech rp800.

This will be my first full tube amp if ever so any suggestion from you guys would be highly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

I owned a Peavey Classic 30 before. While it's an ok tube amp, it really is not designed for metal. You'd still be relying on metal pedals if you want that heavy saturated gain. Pero if you want the amp's drive channel, the 6505 would do you so much better for metal.

Offline riven319

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Thanks sir r_chino. 

Id probably be playing about 40-50% metal hehe.  Either way I figure I'd be using pedals either way when using the amp for practice.  How would you describe both their clean channels and response to pedals?  Do you have other recommendations for that price range? Thank you very much.

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
Okay si euphoria bro. pero if you just want a volume boost, it might be best to use transparent ODs.

You can look at the EHX SoulFood, the Mooer Pure Boost or Hustle Drive, Danelectro Transparent Overdrive.

euphoria fits the bill. plus it's got a plethora of other features too. timmy is another option also. but if you are on a tight budget...soul food is the way to go.

thanks brothers! :) Mukhang Euphoria na nga ito!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

Offline klaide92

Xotic EP Booster or TCE Spark Booster?

Just want an "always-on" pedal na pampabuhay ng tunog (or konting tone shaping din maybe) especially kapag cleans.  :)

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
Xotic EP Booster or TCE Spark Booster?

Just want an "always-on" pedal na pampabuhay ng tunog (or konting tone shaping din maybe) especially kapag cleans.  :)

Have you checked the BBE Sonic Stomp? :)

Offline klaide92

Have you checked the BBE Sonic Stomp? :)

Hmm, yes. Marami nga rin daw nagsasabing maganda. But somehow di ko lang sya masyado maappreciate sa demos na napanood ko eh haha. Does it really work like a booster pedal like yung mga sinabi ko above? :)

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hmm, yes. Marami nga rin daw nagsasabing maganda. But somehow di ko lang sya masyado maappreciate sa demos na napanood ko eh haha. Does it really work like a booster pedal like yung mga sinabi ko above? :)

I haven't own one actually. hahah my friend had one in the past. ok eh.
Another pedal that came to my mind is the Boss BD2 stock as an 'always on' pedal. swabe rin. :)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
I haven't own one actually. hahah my friend had one in the past. ok eh.
Another pedal that came to my mind is the Boss BD2 stock as an 'always on' pedal. swabe rin. :)

+1. BD2, EmDrive, OCD, DanO TOD, or any Transparent Voiced OD will help you get what you want. Always on para yung cleans mo may pagka-Tube sound :D

Offline klaide92

+1. BD2, EmDrive, OCD, DanO TOD, or any Transparent Voiced OD will help you get what you want. Always on para yung cleans mo may pagka-Tube sound :D

Orayt haha, i'll take note of that and put into consideration. Thanks. :)

Offline Jad

Charvel ds2 st or Ltd viper 100fm?  :-D
Goldtop!

Offline dendelion

maxon od808 or mi effects super blues pro?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus

The Sonic Stomp is more like an anti-mud EQ thingamajig. Add high and low ends without introducing mud. It wouldn't make your sound thicker or tighter though. And it has to be at the very end of the chain.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus

Epiphone Les Paul or Squire Telecustom?
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline Jad

up
Goldtop!