hulika

Author Topic: What cables do you use?  (Read 99693 times)

Offline Kulas

Re: What cables do you use?
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2006, 09:18:55 PM »
peewee! merry christmas bro! magkano nga pla un klotz la grange per meter?

i forgot dude, hehehe.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »
ako ung kasama nung binili ko ung gitara ko....walang brand...walang ingay....1 year and 3 months na un...tpos nung nabili ko ung g2 ko sa raon bumili naman ako ng konzert cable...akala ko pang mic ung cable natawa nga ako nung inoffer e... pero ok naman so binili ko na...hanggang ngyn un pa rin gamit ko...
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2006, 11:49:29 PM »
anyone tried those new cables in audiophile yet? tourtek ata ung name? just P450 for 20 feet and already with neutrik plugs!  :-o

Samson Offers Tourtek Instrument/Mic/Speaker Cables
February 3, 2006

If you're a musician or sound engineer, you need a multitude of tools to do your job. That's why Samson offers audio gear and accessories that satisfy such a wide range of needs. Tourtek Instrument Cables expand Samson's successful accessory line with reliable, professional grade cables offering incredible sound quality.

Tourtek Instrument Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® 1/4-inch connectors and durable low-noise wire with solid build construction. Because musicians and sound engineers need cables with extremely low handling noise, superior sound quality and excellent rejection of RFI/EMI interference, Samson has designed these cables with a PVC-covered stranded copper conductor which is wrapped in a second carbon insulator, enclosed in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage, then protected by a durable 6mm PVC outer jacket.

Tourtek Microphone Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® XLR connectors and two 25-gauge multi-strand inner conductors. Because musicians and sound engineers need cables with low capacitance, superior sound quality and excellent rejection of RFI/EMI interference, Samson has secured these cables in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage, then protected them with a durable 7mm PVC outer jacket.

Tourtek Speaker Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® Speakon™ and 1/4-inch connectors as well as heavy-duty 14-gauge copper wire insulated with a durable 8mm PVC outer jacket.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline bunyok23

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2006, 11:59:30 PM »
SDMF,

Yes sa lavacable.

Cool! kamusta naman customer service nila?
Thanks!

i went to their site and yes those two cables are top of the line. very expensive din.

Oas,

how true are the difference on tone clarity with these cables?

for more info on cables go to www.lavacable.com

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »
Hirap lang sa mga butik, kailangan research talaga. Tulad nyang Tara Labs Cable, na-raid ung pagawaan nila ng authorities kasi they label their products as Made in USA pero lumalabas sa investigation outsourcing sila outside US...  :|
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2006, 07:03:30 AM »
ako ung fender... matibay naman siya mga 4 years na siya sulit ung 700 each

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:23 AM »
ako hiningi ko yung cable nung nag-sesetup kami ng theater sa school, re-wire

mic cable tapos yung generic lang na plugs ung kinuha ko pero okey naman. yung bigay ni ser peew na cables mganda rin pero di ko pa mapagkumpara difference sa tunog ng instrument and mic cables. ala pa amp eh... hmmm.

nway pang-acoustic naman siya kaya okey na rin siguro. heheh
strum away!

Offline rondalla rockstar

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2006, 07:48:28 AM »
I'm ditching my Canares for:

Evidence Audio

The Lyric HG to pedalboard, pedalboard to amp
The Melody for pedalboard
The Siren for combo speakers and extension cabinet.

Just waiting on pedalboard/combo speaker cables.  I tried The Lyric HG and the Siren speaker cable for my extension cab.  The difference is noticeable. Very balanced. No harsh distortion frequencies.  The slightest picking attack triggers my BOSS FT-2 now! Surprised especially with The Siren. 

Believe the hype.

Only downside: i suck more clearly now :|

:mrgreen:

Offline dtmateo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2006, 07:53:59 AM »
Planet Waves and darn anything that works. The cables are the least of my worries.
Melody over speed anytime!

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2006, 11:33:10 PM »
anyone tried those new cables in audiophile yet? tourtek ata ung name? just P450 for 20 feet and already with neutrik plugs!  :-o

February 3, 2006

If you're a musician or sound engineer, you need a multitude of tools to do your job. That's why Samson offers audio gear and accessories that satisfy such a wide range of needs. Tourtek Instrument Cables expand Samson's successful accessory line with reliable, professional grade cables offering incredible sound quality.

Tourtek Instrument Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® 1/4-inch connectors and durable low-noise wire with solid build construction. Because musicians and sound engineers need cables with extremely low handling noise, superior sound quality and excellent rejection of RFI/EMI interference, Samson has designed these cables with a PVC-covered stranded copper conductor which is wrapped in a second carbon insulator, enclosed in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage, then protected by a durable 6mm PVC outer jacket.

Tourtek Microphone Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® XLR connectors and two 25-gauge multi-strand inner conductors. Because musicians and sound engineers need cables with low capacitance, superior sound quality and excellent rejection of RFI/EMI interference, Samson has secured these cables in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage, then protected them with a durable 7mm PVC outer jacket.

Tourtek Speaker Cables are constructed of genuine Neutrik® Speakon™ and 1/4-inch connectors as well as heavy-duty 14-gauge copper wire insulated with a durable 8mm PVC outer jacket.

yea that's the one! so the question is are these specs good enough??

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »

February 3, 2006

Ordinary instrument cables are noisy when dragged around or dropped on the floor because of their microphonic characteristics. Tourtek instrument cables are quiet because they have a second layer carbon fiber insulator over the PVC insulator covering the inner wires.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2006, 01:56:48 AM »
Ako,

1.) For big gig and recording:
Fender California Cable Lake Placid Blue for my guitar and D.I.Y. Quantum Cables and Quantum Plugs for my patch cable and effects to amps.

2.) For not so big gig:
All D.I.Y. Quantum cable with quantum plugs.

3.) Practice and small gig:
Ordinary Cable for my guitar and effects to amps. D.I.Y. Quantum cable with quantum plugs for patch.

so far ok naman yung sound sa lahat ng  setup. First setup is my favorite. Great tone, Clean sound and low noise. Second setup. Clean sound and low noise. Third setup ok lang siya medyo may konting noise pro tolerable pa man. Not really as great as 1st and 2nd setup pro it gets the job done kahit papano. hehehehe.
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2006, 07:28:13 AM »
Ako a pair of Klotz, a pair of custom ones from Audiophile (nice cable + Neutriks), and vjoe recently bought for me a pair of Planet Waves circuitbreaker cables.

Pero ang pinakamadalas at madaling gamitin para sa akin eh yung telephone cables ko from HS/college pa.  Kung praktis lang around the house (w/ kalat and kids all over the place), nothing beats it.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2006, 01:11:01 PM »

Evidence Audio

Just waiting on pedalboard/combo speaker cables.  I tried The Lyric HG and the Siren speaker cable for my extension cab.  The difference is noticeable. Very balanced. No harsh distortion frequencies.  The slightest picking attack triggers my BOSS FT-2 now! Surprised especially with The Siren. 

Believe the hype.

i believe. hehe. hey dude! can you give us more info, links on it? im very interested. thanks!
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2006, 04:17:14 PM »
Fender California Cables all the way around.
Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!

Offline rondalla rockstar

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2006, 03:25:19 AM »

Evidence Audio

Believe the hype.

i believe. hehe. hey dude! can you give us more info, links on it? im very interested. thanks!

www.evidenceaudio.com

i had my bassist A/B my two vibro-kings. one was stock. the other was rewired with evidence audio speaker cables going to all three 10s.

he played the stock VK with a strat using a canare cable. sounded good. on about 4 had some crunch (VKs break up at about 3.5), kinda bright. emphasis on some harsh frequencies.

he then played the VK with the evidence audio speaker cables using the evidence audio lyric hg guitar cable.

he was blown away.

at about 4 (same settings as stock VK across the board), it didn't have the harsh crunch or piercing bright tone.  not only was it considerably cleaner and louder, but it had balls. the 10s put out so much more bass. volume and headroom are no longer an issue. the sound was full and balanced. i don't think i need the 212 extension cab anymore!  it made me love my amp even more! 

even the keyboardist was blown away at the night and day difference!

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2006, 02:06:43 PM »

February 3, 2006

Ordinary instrument cables are noisy when dragged around or dropped on the floor because of their microphonic characteristics. Tourtek instrument cables are quiet because they have a second layer carbon fiber insulator over the PVC insulator covering the inner wires.

hey that's gud enough for me  :-D thanks tarkuz!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »

Evidence Audio

Believe the hype.

throw your Canares to my direction!!!! I only use cheap cables.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »

February 3, 2006

hey that's gud enough for me  :-D thanks tarkuz!

More specs...

Shielding
Tourtek cables use double screen shielding - braided screen and additional conductive plastic screen (anti-static tube) to prevent cable "crackle" when handling. This shielding rejects interference at high frequencies.

Cable Capacitance
Tourtek has very low capacitance (<100pf/m) preventing signal to leak from core to screen so high frequencies don't roll off when using high impedance instruments.

Copper Conductors
Tourtek has very low resistance (0.09 ohms/m) that reduces damping, large gauge for reliable connections, are oxygen-free for improved conductivity, and multiple strands to reduce skin effect and improve high frequency response.

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »
ok so i just bought a 20 foot tourtek cable  :-D no obvious difference yet but i like the angled plugs. less stress on the cable when attached, at an otherwise precarious angle, to my amp  :wink:

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2006, 01:00:13 AM »
generic cables  :-o

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2006, 11:25:35 AM »
Ako yung black na medyo may kahabaan naman.  :lol: :lol:

question narin mga sir: Does it really matter?  :lol:

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
Klotz cables.

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2007, 04:38:02 AM »
Bumili rin ako ng Samson Tourtek cable sa Audiophile.  Chinese Neutrik yung plugs!  :-o   Ning Bo Neutrik nakalagay.   :x  Walang "Made in Liechtenstein."  :-P  Pero pwede na rin, medyo sulit na.   :-D

Offline mikep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »
Tourteks are good.  Frequency response is very good.  I've A/B'd them with my other cables and they come out quite well.  With their affordable cost, they're tops.  I use the shorty 10 footers (less resistance and capacitance), going to the effects pedal board then to amp.

FWIW
www.facebook.com/TRACKSAcoustics/Studios
guitars: gretsch 6122-1962; rickenbacker 330; epi elite casinos; gibson les paul standards, tribute, faded, double cut; gibson sg standards, faded; fender strats MIAs, MIJs, MIMs; fender tele MIAs, MIJs, MIMs; etc