hulika

Author Topic: where is cubase?  (Read 6995 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: where is cubase?
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
you could buy my copy of cubase for cheap  :-D it comes with a dongle of course and the peace of mind from using legit software :)

haze,  what have you moved on to from Cubase? PT? I have been looking at Sonar lately and the progress the company is making for its users is far better than what Steinberg has been doing for its Cubase and Nuendo users. If I moved from SX3 and Nuendo, it would be to Sonar, for sure.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
Sonar is really great! (Am I beginning to sound like a fan?  8-) ) I use Sonar more than Cubase lately, and their plans for integration with Roland hardware seem to push them ever so closer towards a Digi/PT paradigm. Now if only I had a Fireface 800, then I'd be a happy puppy.  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »
yep abyss it's PT  :-)

kit soon!
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »
yep abyss it's PT  :-)

kit soon!

ohhh - did you get the Digi003? How does that sound for you?

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 02:13:30 PM »
@bisaya - while I believe everybody deserves a 2nd chance, I also believe that we MUST do our part to protect the intellectual properties of the people who provide us with the tools of our craft. Are you using the Sonar 7 demo? That expires after a month. I hope you are not using the .torrent version (whose existence I am aware of). I happen to be a registered user of Cubase SL2, and Sonar 4, 5, and 6 and am planning to upgrade to Sonar 7, funds permitting.

Full and Legit here!!!! Forget to mention this in my other post and thread. Sonar's 7.0.1 64 bit plugs has a audio gapping issue whenever you move some controls in it, the 64bit plugs.

BTW, are you downloading the Sonar 7's torrent as a demo? just asking...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Offline bassman88

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
Maybe Mr. Rodster isn't planning on using the software for profit/business. personal use lang. Would that be somehow reasonable?  :? :?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »
Maybe Mr. Rodster isn't planning on using the software for profit/business. personal use lang. Would that be somehow reasonable?  :? :?

uh..nope. would it be "reasonable" for me to shoplift and steal clothes and music gear even though I would only be using the items for personal reasons and not using them as part of a business? stealing is stealing no matter what use you eventually will have for it as part of your justification.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »
BTW, are you downloading the Sonar 7's torrent as a demo? just asking...

Nah.... still happy with S6. At 100 megs, the trial is a sizable download, but I'm concentrating on downloading Stargate Atlantis and season 1 of Reaper for now; something to keep me occupied during the holidays. Damn this writer's strike... nabitin tuloy ang Heroes.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bassman88

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »
What if Mr. Rodster isn't going to use the program for profit/business. Personal use lang. Would that be a bit more reasonable?

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
@ KitC,

OT:Are you downloading a torrent of Stargate Atlantis and Reaper? hehehehe

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:07:54 PM by bisaya »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
OT:Are you downloading a torrent of Stargate Atlantis and Reaper? hehehehe

Tastes change over time... Used to have SG1 on cable, but they stopped at season 3... just had to complete the series.

Merry Xmas, bisaya!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:50:50 PM by KitC »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 06:18:23 PM »
I'm just waiting for the date from Shinji... Pro Audio EB?  :-D

Pro Audio xmas EB?

Lets have a blast din like they had at GC xmas party EB! :D
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
What if Mr. Rodster isn't going to use the program for profit/business. Personal use lang. Would that be a bit more reasonable?

With all the freeware floating around, why bother? Sure, it's a kick to operate Producer Edition software or even the latest and the greatest, but like I said, why bother? If you get a copy of Computer Music with the DVD, it comes with a complete suite of software, including a DAW and several vst's - I got Samplitude V8 SE in that manner. Best of all, it's guilt free. There's also Reaper and a whole slew of free DAWs and VSTs in the Free Plugins sticky.

One can also go opensource and download .iso files of linux with the rosegarden suite. I'm going to try out one of their bootable iso's and see how it pans out... I just might get a new HD and partition it for ubuntu or some other.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:20:38 AM by KitC »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 11:50:55 PM »
Nah.... still happy with S6. At 100 megs, the trial is a sizable download, but I'm concentrating on downloading Stargate Atlantis and season 1 of Reaper for now; something to keep me occupied during the holidays. Damn this writer's strike... nabitin tuloy ang Heroes.

uy! a fellow Stargate Atlantis fan!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 02:26:53 AM »
uy! a fellow Stargate Atlantis fan!

OT: Yup! Nawala nga 'cuteness factor' ni Amanda Tapping, unlike the first few seasons of SG1. Dr. Weir had that air of command about her, pero let's see how Carter pans out as Atlantis' commander. What I'm waiting for now is BSG season 4! Too bad they canned Bionic Woman - Michelle Ryan was high on the babe factor!

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 03:24:22 AM »
@Rodster,

Actually, I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 7 because it fits my workflow. I use both audio and MIDI. You may try the demo at Cakewalk's website.

Merry Christmas!!!!! :-)

how do you integrate Sonar into your DAW? audio interface make and model?

Offline Rodster

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »

ei bassman, sa friendster i'm bassboy.

thanks for raising this question. actually, it's for personal. i won't deny though in the future i may have to make the most to get back all my expenses in my upgrade and purchasing.

while i was in hk, i was at this shop Tom lee, that's where i bought my toneport gx...i can't compare this with the fastrack except for the much respect for the brand m-audio rather than line6. but, i'm loving every riffs with it. I happened to browse some softwares on a shelf, from the finale and sonar. my golly....cost around 6k php (converted), which i'm sure is cheaper than here. kasi, yun m-audio usb /midi cable nila...1800 lng dun, e sa jb, nasa 2650+ from 3,300+.

thanks to those who were offering their cubase. actually, there was a subquestion that was forgotten to be answered...the difference between that and sonar (any ver)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 10:42:15 AM »
thanks to those who were offering their cubase. actually, there was a subquestion that was forgotten to be answered...the difference between that and sonar (any ver)

As a user of both, I can almost say that the differences (aside from cosmetic) are almost minimal, but since Steinberg is the author of the asio/vst specification, I can say that Cubase integrates better with vst instruments and fx. Although Sonar has made it's vst wrapper a part of the program beginning with S6, there are still a few places where it stumbles when it comes with vst operation. Sidechaining still seems to be a problem for both programs. 64-bit operation, however, is completely Sonar's domain... just don't go converting to Vista just yet - XP still dominates as the DAW OS.

Offline bisaya

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 02:27:19 PM »
how do you integrate Sonar into your DAW? audio interface make and model?

All you can see in my studio is just the computer, midi controller keyboard, midi interface and monitors. Since i'm purely ITB and don't do recording, I mainly use the built-in motherboard's audio interface(output). I prefer this kind of setup, compact, cost effective and straightforward but very powerful. Special audio interface makes sense only if you are recording and have external devices that goes in/out of your DAW.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »
hehe :D

All you can see in my studio is just the computer, midi controller keyboard, midi interface and monitors. Since i'm purely ITB and don't do recording, I mainly use the built-in motherboard's audio interface(output). I prefer this kind of setup, compact, cost effective and straightforward but very powerful. Special audio interface makes sense only if you are recording and have external devices that goes in/out of your DAW.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »
Guys, let's just put this behind us. We are all friends here, regardless.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »
... happy holidays!!!   boss KitC musta have finished a cuppa with marvq!
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
... happy holidays!!!   boss KitC musta have finished a cuppa with marvq!

Yeah... that last frap was a doozey! I wanna try barako frap if anyone has that.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 11:49:59 PM »
Special audio interface makes sense only if you are recording and have external devices that goes in/out of your DAW.

ah - now, everything makes sense.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 11:53:12 PM by abyssinianson »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 12:15:26 AM »
Had your cup o' java yet, Mikey?  :-D

Btw, have you upped to C4 yet? Been curious about how it performs, midi wise, and how it compares to SX3. Hard to rely on reviews when all you read are superlatives.