hulika

Author Topic: pinch harmonics  (Read 2716 times)

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: pinch harmonics
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
good advice. i'm getting decent harmonic overtones when its nearer the left fret on the first 3 frets of the low E. weird, baliktad.

Try adjusting the distance of your picking hand from the bridge.

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
the higher gain, mas masarap ang pinch harmo \m/

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
the higher gain, mas masarap ang pinch harmo \m/

1 high gain pedal, 2 od, super pinch harmonics! Hindi mo na maiintindihan tunog! Parang nagpagas si Santanas!

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
1 high gain pedal, 2 od, super pinch harmonics! Hindi mo na maiintindihan tunog! Parang nagpagas si Santanas!

LOL :D for sure kelangan mo na dyan ng noise gate, pero merong noise gate na nagka cut ng sustain :(

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »
LOL :D for sure kelangan mo na dyan ng noise gate, pero merong noise gate na nagka cut ng sustain :(

Right setting lang ata... Nung newbie ako, bumili ako ng Noise gate. Then napansin ko nga nagca-cut. So I bought a Compressor Sustainer! LOL! Didn't solve anything... Kala ko pangit ung CS pero un pala, di lang ako marunong gumamit ng gate dati. Hahah. Set it right lang..

And no, 2 ODs and 1 high gain pedal engage at once - overkill! LOL! Punch harmonics na yun!

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
i can't seem to get this right, especially on the lowest string. what is the key to getting the best sustain on the pinch harmonics? does it have to do with the brightness of the string in combination of the amp? or is it just plain technique and where you strike it on the string? i can make it come out on the other strings but its particularly hard on the lowest string.

btw my strings are really old now, and also my pickups are lipsticks. they're single coils but not quite.

what do you guys think?

We all have our own techniques. For me, my PH relies on how I hold my Pick.
The part of the pick that hit the strings should always be in level to the surface of my thumb.
Furthermore, do the vibrato thing to sustain the squeal.  :mrgreen:
On vacation...