hulika

Author Topic: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)  (Read 32126 times)

Offline philaxeman

Re: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 12:14:51 PM »
I admit that there are better cabs out there and if given the opportunity I would like to have one or maybe ALL of them. In fact before I asked Sir George to build me a cab, I was looking here for one. Bro alvinratsim(Marshall 1936), jimny(Avatar Vintage 212), turi(several speakerless high end cab) can attest to that. I still want to have them if funds permit. But right now, I am in the "getting to know" stage of my Siochi 2x12 cab(this is my first 2x12). The speakers still need time to break-in.

I also wanted to compare it to other cabs and might get one of bro Turi's speakerless cab, again IF FUNDS permit. I'm kinda experimenting and curious of how cabs/speakers affect the overall tone.

I also want to have an all tube amp to experience what the tube snobs are talking about.

As bro Turi have stated, that Sir George's cabs looks very promising or has potentials. His cabs may not be the best but it can be improved and if given the chance, he can create cabs or even tube amps that we can be proud of as Pinoys.  

We need guys like him(same with Jon of Elegee and other local luthiers). We need to support them.

Mabuhay ang PHILMUSIC.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:20:59 PM by philaxeman »
"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »
Money is spent already, bro philaxeman is so proud of his new cabinet, sana if you have nothing to nice to say, just shut up nalang. What sounds good to you mite sound horrible to others and what sounds good to other people might sound like [gooey brown stuff] to you
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:20:33 PM by alvinratsim »
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
Money is spent already, bro philaxeman is so proud of his new cabinet, sana if you have nothing to nice to say, just shut up nalang. What sounds good to you mite sound horrible for others and what sounds good to other people might sound like [gooey brown stuff] to you

agree. he is happy and thats whats important. he even havent heard the cab yet. yet he concludes based on whats written on the paper.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
cab shootout for comparison. astig ito.

i'm veeeerryyyy interested in this... when and where turi?  :evil:
[

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
Birch tree, its ebri badis melk...

zzzzzzz

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Oh for you its different... you have to take the risk like all of us because YOU LOVE GEAR. heh heh.  So NO hearing for you.

omglol. dude. i learned from you guys (other names obvious but withheld). haha.

As bro Turi have stated, that Sir George's cabs looks very promising or has potentials. His cabs may not be the best but it can be improved and if given the chance, he can create cabs or even tube amps that we can be proud of as Pinoys.

Exactly. That's why I want to try and compare. This might be good for all of us. If the event pushes through, and those who can attend can hear it for themselves and make their own review. And most importantly, decide for themselves what to use for their rig.

I vote for a cab shootout event. Lawl.
i'm veeeerryyyy interested in this... when and where turi?  :evil:

i dunno yet lol. a lot of things to consider - which heads, cables, guitar, player, venue, etc.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
[INSERT MY REPLY HERE... NOT]

maybe nobody ever told you but it would help a lot of if you used the quote feature properly. your answers are inside the people you are quoting.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

maybe nobody ever told you but it would help a lot of if you used the quote feature properly. your answers are inside the people you are quoting.

lol
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 12:41:43 AM »
agree. he is happy and thats whats important. he even havent heard the cab yet. yet he concludes based on whats written on the paper.

Material pa lang mali niya.  Up to now, the base material of the cab has NOT been identified.  I can tell that such neglect for a basic requirement already leads to a disregard for tone.  But as I said, at the end of the day its still probably affordable and more convenient than having to import a cabinet from abroad but I seriously doubt the tonal considerations.  Yup, I am that experienced to be able to tell without hearing the cabinet yet.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »
I admit that there are better cabs out there and if given the opportunity I would like to have one or maybe ALL of them. In fact before I asked Sir George to build me a cab, I was looking here for one. Bro alvinratsim(Marshall 1936), jimny(Avatar Vintage 212), turi(several speakerless high end cab) can attest to that. I still want to have them if funds permit. But right now, I am in the "getting to know" stage of my Siochi 2x12 cab(this is my first 2x12). The speakers still need time to break-in.

I also wanted to compare it to other cabs and might get one of bro Turi's speakerless cab, again IF FUNDS permit. I'm kinda experimenting and curious of how cabs/speakers affect the overall tone.

I also want to have an all tube amp to experience what the tube snobs are talking about.

We need guys like him(same with Jon of Elegee and other local luthiers). We need to support them.

Mabuhay ang PHILMUSIC.

I have NOT commented on Siochi's amps because I have never heard them.  So that remains an opportunity but to see him use the wrong wood type on this cabinet is an AREA for improvement that NO ONE HERE SEEMS TO ADMIT.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:49:41 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2010, 01:03:39 AM »
I have NOT commented on Siochi's amps because I have never heard them.  So that remains an opportunity but to see him use the wrong wood type on this cabinet is an AREA for improvement that NO ONE HEAR SEEMS TO ADMIT.

commercial muna.. sumobra ata experience mo sa hearing..

on topic: id rather hear the cab first..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:08 AM »
^^HAHA Laughed at that one!   :lol:

Btw OT:  Got your msg re: pot.  Glad I was able to help.   :-)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 07:53:22 AM »

(And so? Ito ang gusto ko gawin. Kanya kanya lang iyan di ba?)

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 08:21:28 AM »
Yup, I am that experienced to be able to tell without hearing the cabinet yet.

Ganoon kahusay si "idol"!!!  :-D

Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:19 AM »

Sa choice pa lang ng kahoy mali na tsong...

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »
yung guitar ko lang walang rotating effect yun lang lamang mo pero diko kailangan nun :-D :-D :-D :-D

yung "May umiikot na parang uma-ano 'yung tenga mo.."  :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 09:16:55 AM »

Btw OT:  Got your msg re: pot.  Glad I was able to help.   :-)

thanks man, good thing i tried your suggestion. kundi i paid 500-1000 on that stupid electronics. pot lang pala ang prob. :lol:

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
gas.........  :evil:

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »
Thanks to the thread starter for sharing pics and info. Very glad that you are happy with it. Would be interesting to try one out in the future, if only it were nearer home. It is definitely an option to be explored, especially for those of us who don't want the headache and/or cost of importing a cab.

Build? Materials? Anyone can speculate. And speculation is all it will be, and nobody is right or wrong (just opinionated) until it is a/b'd side by side with your choice of other cabs, using the same two speakers and the same amp.

Until that happens, out of respect to the TS, guys, keep your put-downs, jabs, and snide remarks to yourselves. Sayang ang info if this ends into a pissing contest again and the thread gets locked through no fault of the TS's intentions.

IMO, the proper way of comparing cabs (and other gear, for that matter) is to first categorize them by their price ranges, and match up only those that belong within the same bracket. Otherwise, comparing two amps with wildly differing cost of materials and labor components is not really fair.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:40:49 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »
Thanks to the thread starter for sharing pics and info. Very glad that you are happy with it. Would be interesting to try one out in the future, if only it were nearer home. It is definitely an option to be explored, especially for those of us who don't want the headache and/or cost of importing a cab.

Build? Materials? Anyone can speculate. And speculation is all it will be, and nobody is right or wrong (just opinionated) until it is a/b'd side by side with your choice of other cabs, using the same two speakers and the same amp.

Until that happens, out of respect to the TS, guys, keep your put-downs, jabs, and snide remarks to yourselves. Sayang ang info if this ends into a pissing contest again and the thread gets locked through no fault of the TS's intentions.

+1 million. he said it better than i do

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
IMO, the proper way of comparing cabs (and other gear, for that matter) is to first categorize them by their price ranges, and match up only those that belong within the same bracket. Otherwise, comparing two amps with wildly differing cost of materials and labor components is not really fair.

this.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »

+100

IMO, its also the appropriate way of comparing other gears.
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline st_anger

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »

Kontra Bulate

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
pards pa pm magkano ka inaabot sa lahat and breakdown din sana....

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
wants to try cab made with lawanit tuloy...

or cab made with birch tree cans...
zzzzzzz