hulika

Author Topic: STOCK, OLD, BATTERED GUITARS TURNED INTO WORKS OF ART, POST YOUR PICS!!!!  (Read 38439 times)

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
i second that!!! HWOW talaga

Offline voodoosoup

napapalitan naman ata ung pickup cover dba? as in ung pink na pickup cover pede palitan ng itim

..nde ko snasabi na palitan mu ah....tanong lang to...:D

no need ... kasi okay lang sa akin yan

..... don't need to beautify a gio .... wala ng budget para dyan.

....when  I have these ....

a 2006 Gibson ES335

a 2006 American Deluxe Stratocaster

and a 2004 Ibanez RG2550 .... my REAL shredding axe.

\

OT na to ah. payabangan pala laban dito  :roll:

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
:-D
hehe

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
hmmmm .... he asked why I didn't do any changes to my old Gio.

If you think that it's "payabangan and a contest" thats your problem. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:48:12 AM by Phil »
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
I just noticed that guitars look good in pictures when taken on top of a bed.  Darn, Blue Buddha even uses the same white bed sheet for the axes that he has generously showed us  :wink:.  Typical pose is on a plane diagonal to the camera lens either smack in the middle of the bed or almost dangling by the edge of the bed, so as to "elongate" the guitar, highlight its curves, and make the body look slender.  Lighting is 45-degrees to the guitar top, not only to to avoid harsh lighting, but to emphasize the smooth top and the "bling-blings" (bridges, pickups, strings, etc.).

There's gotta be a Freudian explanation for all of these.  :roll:  If this were not a guitar forum, I pretty well might be talking about Vargas girl pin-up posters or raunchy artwork normally found on fighter aircraft noses. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:16:51 AM by Jaco D »

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
I just noticed that guitars look good in pictures when taken on top of a bed.  Darn, Blue Buddha even uses the same white bed sheet for the axes that he has generously showed us  :wink:.  Typical pose is on a plane diagonal to the camera lens either smack in the middle of the bed or almost dangling by the edge of the bed, so as to "elongate" the guitar, highlight its curves, and make the body look slender.  Lighting is 45-degrees to the guitar top, not only to to avoid harsh lighting, but to emphasize the smooth top and the "bling-blings" (bridges, pickups, strings, etc.).

There's gotta be a Freudian explanation for all of these.  :roll:  If this were not a guitar forum, I pretty well might be talking about Vargas girl pin-up posters or raunchy artwork normally found on fighter aircraft noses. 
Jaco is just shows that we guitar players treat our beloved guitars like women.... trophy women.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
Heres my work:

I took an old beat up RJ LP Custom, and restored everything from the hardware to tuners and pickups. Even the finish was reglazed and buffed to get it to how it is now.

heres a link, as to not inconvenience you guys.

http://gjuanengo.multiply.com/photos/album/1
Get Wylde.

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
Heres my work:

I took an old beat up RJ LP Custom, and restored everything from the hardware to tuners and pickups. Even the finish was reglazed and buffed to get it to how it is now.

Ayus a, ganda lufet ng pickup pang kick azZ!
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline voodoosoup

Heres my work:

now this is what i'm talking about!ganda ng gitara mo sir.ang pogi.pwede matanong anong pickups linagay mo?at sino nagrestore?

Offline voodoosoup

the point of the matter is yung GIO mo yung pinaguusapan. come on man aminin mo na kasi. di mo lang natiis na ipagmalaki yung mga higher end axes mo.hehe.la naman problema dun eh.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
@TheEdge: Thanks bro!

@Voodoosoup: All work was done by hand, my own two hands. The pickups are EMG 81(B) 85(N)
                         Also, there are TWO 9V batteries inside running at 18V for increased headroom.
Get Wylde.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus

the point of the matter is yung GIO mo yung pinaguusapan. come on man aminin mo na kasi. di mo lang natiis na ipagmalaki yung mga higher end axes mo.hehe.la naman problema dun eh.
hehe...oo nga naman.parang maling thread ito para sa mga ganung gitara hehe. :lol:

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
masanay na kayo :-D

Offline ganjie

OT:

thread title is "CHEAP GUITARS TURNED INTO GOOD LOOKING AND SOUNDING AXES, POST YOUR PICS!!!!"

"cheap" is relative...

for me a 4k can be considered cheap.. 40K+- is another story...

... pain is a purifier and suffering builds character ...
... Jesus Rocks! ...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
I didn't know there are a lot of "topic" nazis here.....  thank god you guys are not moderators.

....you guys lighten up.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
gjuanengo, your lp is evil! :evil: astig!

Im just wondering, how much did you spend for everything?

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
I didn't know there are a lot of "topic" nazis here.....

Achtung, baby! Was tust du oben so spät?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
hala, nahiya tuloy ako mag post. puro mga washburn at fender pics naka-post. haha i have an rj na naka-seymour duncan humbuckers. haha bigay lang sakin ganun na set-up. ganda ng tunog though, ang gaan pero ganda ng sustain! we think its a ringer. i have a friend who has an ibanez rg but it puts that guitar to shame! layo ng tunog  :-D

... hmmmmm thats a really bold statement.....RJ and Ibanez......
got pics? how bout clips? ... lets listen to it and let us be the judge.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:44:56 PM by Phil »

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
gjuanengo, your lp is evil! :evil: astig!

Im just wondering, how much did you spend for everything?

Guitar included, 23K++

the emgs were 12K
hardware 6K
Guitar 5K
Get Wylde.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Heres my work:

it almost resembles a HIGH END ESP Eclipse .... good job.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
Come to think of it, yes it does.

Hahaha.

All I need now is an esp logo and a sharper lower cutaway. hahaha

Thanks Phil!
Get Wylde.

Offline omen

• Veteran Member
ganda sir. gling mo pla mag mod/upgrade ng gtar

Heres my work:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
oh wow... i rarely get to see great-looking RJ's lately. nice axe, gjuanengo! how does it compare to a Gibson LP with active pickups (Raw Power, etc.) in terms of tone and feel/playability?
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
It sounds IDENTICAL to the zakk wylde LP on terms of tonal quality, but plays closer to an epiphone LP Custom.

The Epiphone LP's are darker due to the quality of the mahogany they use, this LP uses Primavera (White Mahogany) which makes it close, if not identical to the mahogany/maple used in the zakk wylde LP.

Thanks guys!
Get Wylde.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
Heres my newest project, completed just this morning.

Its my little bro's Ibanez GRGM21, which I upgraded to facilitate stable tuning and dangerously good looks.

Leave a comment.  :wink:

http://gjuanengo.multiply.com/photos/album/3
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:03:31 PM by gjuanengo »
Get Wylde.