hulika

Author Topic: Re: Zoom MS70 / MS50* Controller : Just want to share my build.  (Read 7935 times)

Offline siotiboy

Re: Zoom MS70 / MS50* Controller : Just want to share my build.
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »
Siotiboy. Dude nice work !

I'm in the market for some smaller footprint midi foot controllers. I'm assuming these are compatible with other midi-controlled products ?

MA
I have high hopes that majority of the programming will work with other USB-MIDI Devices. I will need to do some changes in the program to suit your application and probably look at the midi messages accepted by the device.

I could do just straight MIDI implementations as well. About 3 years ago, i made a MIDI switch for my LINE 6 M5, at the same size and foot print too.

Sent from my SM-A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline siotiboy

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
I'm currently on the fence about this one. I guess I'm hesitating a bit because I don't like shipping transactions and I'm waiting to hear about the lifespan of the switches and of the whole unit itself.

Right now I'm leaning more towards getting a 2nd MS70CDR but who knows, right?

Looking forward to more comments and testimonies.

Kudos to Siotiboy for this innovation.

Are you thinking of selling this internationally?
Thanks for the appreciation sir. You are right, time will tell how robust my work is. I cant vouch for how long this will work as well. All I can say is I've sourced the switches from UK, and are branded Alpha switches, the once Ive used in my unit are the same ones i used for a Midi device I built about 3 or 4 years ago.
Well if anything goes wrong, I could repair it nmn, just send it back to me.

Also, I have this transaction abroad, I hope it will push through, para malaman ko kung pwde siya makalusot sa airlines. Very strict kasi ang ma couriers, especially when its a home made electronic device. Apparently black boxes with Digits looks like bombs now.

Sent from my SM-A5000 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:51:13 PM by siotiboy »

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 06:38:45 AM »
Apparently black boxes with Digits looks like bombs now.

Oo nga ano. I can imagine seeing this inside a package and not have a clue as to what id does.

I'll keep checking this thread. Who knows, I might get on the boat soon enough.

Would you be visiting here in Metro Manila during the holidays? Baka pag pwede ang meet-up na transaction mapa-bili ako ng di oras haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 09:22:23 AM »
awesome work sir siotiboy!  keep it up & thank you for sharing such ingenuity! 

Offline siotiboy

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
Shipping abroad is a success! I sent one of the Basic Version to a fellow in California, it arrived there less than a week (6 days!) upon shipping. He made a comment on both of the videos I posted above.

Some realizations:
- You can ship gadgets outside the Philippines as long as they don't contain batteries or hazardous substances.
- Most government employees don't have proper customer relations / decorum. When I first tried to ship one out, the main post office
branch receptionist rejected my package. According to her it doesn't meet the allowed  guidelines, where it only says that batteries and other hazardous substances are not accepted. I asked if there are other ways or things that I could do, to which she responded irritably. Apparently she was not in the mood to help me out. This is in contrast to other private couriers where they offered me some options and presented me with forms needed to fill out for my special item. This however is not an option since they charge quite more than the philpost.
- Even though I sent my package via the government Philpost (opted for the Express Service), the item reached the customer's residence in US very quickly! This is in contrast to my orders from other countries delivered here in the Philippines. I have packages shipped via express service, but items reach me no less than 2 weeks. That's only from Asia. What's the deal Philippines?
 :|

Anyways, i can build 1 more of each unit within 2 to 3 weeks and more when I order more switches and enclosures.
I have also another product in store, watch out for a midi based system.

Cheers!