hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 473064 times)

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2325 on: December 01, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
Which is loud? Blackstar ID60 or Blackstar HT-5R 5watt head with 2x12 100w cabinet?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2326 on: December 01, 2014, 10:26:34 AM »
Good afternoon po.

Currently deciding between the Orange Micro Terror and the Blackstar HT-1. I mainly play at home pero thinking of joining a band. Alin po sa dalawa mas maganda for home practice and jamming with a band pag connected sa 1x12 cab?

Thanks  :)

kung combo lang yung option mo for the blackstar, i'd suggest go for the Micro Terror. the micro terror with a 1X12 cab will be usable for jams and small gigs na. the HT-1 Combo will no bt usable for a gig due to the small speaker. you might be heard, but your tone will lack lows.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2327 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »
ibanez artwood AC-240 or phoebus pg40??

both are nice, solid topped guitars. :D best thing to do is to test and find out which one calls to you. :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2328 on: December 01, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Phoebus pg 40c or amari 4088c?

basing on tests, i'd go for the PG40. so far, wala pa akong natest na AMARI na talagang napa-wow ako. mejo lacking in low end ang amari which is what I look for in an acoustic.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2329 on: December 01, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »

Ako naman may question...

BOGNER UBERSCHALL or CATALINBREAD DLS?

I tested the DLS and loved it, but it's definitely not for shreding. anyone with an Uberschall here?

Offline practiz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2330 on: December 01, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
Thanks sir ralph..kamusta po yung action and neck nung phoebus?gusto ko sana magpunta sa guitarpusher para ma try kaso wala pa ako time malayo po kasi samin..ang plano ko sana buy eh yung dnd standard..pero kung mas ok yung phoebus magantay muna ko para mkapagset ng appointment sa GP.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2331 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
Thanks sir ralph..kamusta po yung action and neck nung phoebus?gusto ko sana magpunta sa guitarpusher para ma try kaso wala pa ako time malayo po kasi samin..ang plano ko sana buy eh yung dnd standard..pero kung mas ok yung phoebus magantay muna ko para mkapagset ng appointment sa GP.

ang phoebus guitars usually okay na for use kasi sinesetup ni GP yun before selling. i would not advise the dnd as it sounds very thin IMHO.

Offline byronjarebb

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2332 on: December 04, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
Thanks Sir Ralph! I got the Micro Terror and the PPC 108 kanina and I'm having so much fun with this awesome half-stack. Salamat po sa immediate response!  :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2333 on: December 05, 2014, 10:23:51 AM »
Thanks Sir Ralph! I got the Micro Terror and the PPC 108 kanina and I'm having so much fun with this awesome half-stack. Salamat po sa immediate response!  :-D

Nice one bro! mas mageenjoy ka jan with a bigger speaker/Cabinet! :D either way, congrats on your purchase!

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2334 on: December 10, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
mga bro, may makakapag-compare ba sa inyu dito ng Cort Acoustics versus Phoebus Acoustics? eyeing on P7k to P8k price range...
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2335 on: December 10, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
mga bro, may makakapag-compare ba sa inyu dito ng Cort Acoustics versus Phoebus Acoustics? eyeing on P7k to P8k price range...

pure acoustic lang ba paps? or acoustic electric?

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2336 on: December 20, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
Which is loud? Blackstar ID60 or Blackstar HT-5R 5watt head with 2x12 100w cabinet?

Id60

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2337 on: January 02, 2015, 12:02:55 AM »
Id60

What about if I connect the HT-5 to a 4x12 cab, is the ID60 still more loud?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2338 on: January 02, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »
What about if I connect the HT-5 to a 4x12 cab, is the ID60 still more loud?

If you have a 1x12 cab and a 4x12 cab which are loaded with the same speakers, the 4x12 cab will sound bigger; more like a "surround sound". But not essentially louder than the 1x12 because they have the same speaker (with the same decibel and efficiency, etc). It's still a 5-watt amp driving those speakers.

On the other hand, the ID60 would be around 60 watts of power driving its speakers. More clean headroom as you turn up the volume.

I've tried turning an HT-5 combo at full volume, even tried plugging it to my 2x12. It was really loud for a 5-watt amp, but still tolerable when you're quite near.

I have not tried the ID60 at full volume but a few friends use them at gigs without mic'ing, so I guess it can deliver on it's own the (clean) volume needed at those loud applications.

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2339 on: January 02, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »
If you have a 1x12 cab and a 4x12 cab which are loaded with the same speakers, the 4x12 cab will sound bigger; more like a "surround sound". But not essentially louder than the 1x12 because they have the same speaker (with the same decibel and efficiency, etc). It's still a 5-watt amp driving those speakers.

On the other hand, the ID60 would be around 60 watts of power driving its speakers. More clean headroom as you turn up the volume.

I've tried turning an HT-5 combo at full volume, even tried plugging it to my 2x12. It was really loud for a 5-watt amp, but still tolerable when you're quite near.

I have not tried the ID60 at full volume but a few friends use them at gigs without mic'ing, so I guess it can deliver on it's own the (clean) volume needed at those loud applications.

How about in jam practices, can the HT-5 do the work well with a loud hitting drummer on acoustic drums?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2340 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »
How about in jam practices, can the HT-5 do the work well with a loud hitting drummer on acoustic drums?

Volume-wise, it can. Pero if you need clean headroom and your guitar has humbuckers or hot single coils, the amp would start to break up a bit.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2341 on: January 10, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
Would you recommend a Goldea amp? Is it a decent amp? I'm looking at the AT-50.

TIA!
Surf's Up!

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2342 on: January 10, 2015, 09:56:32 PM »
Volume-wise, it can. Pero if you need clean headroom and your guitar has humbuckers or hot single coils, the amp would start to break up a bit.

Okay, noted. Thanks.

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #2343 on: January 12, 2015, 08:44:41 AM »
Just in case anyone has an idea...

Would anyone know the difference (tone, voicing, circuitry) between the Wylde Overdrive and Berzerker Overdrive? Both MXRs and Signature ODs of Zakk Wylde.

Thanks!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2344 on: January 13, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »
Would you recommend a Goldea amp? Is it a decent amp? I'm looking at the AT-50.

TIA!

Only had experiences with the AT-15, AT-30, AT-100, TNT-B

so far, i loved how these amps sound. and they are reliable and gig worthy as well. im guessing the AT50 will be as good.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2345 on: January 14, 2015, 12:17:35 AM »
Thanks!
Surf's Up!

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #2346 on: January 15, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
Help me po with this, cort viva gold 2 or samick concord cd3,..both are 24 frets, cort has a floyd rose bridge, push/pull tone know HSH price is 13k,...Samick has tune o matic bridge i think, only 3 way blade selector but 9k
"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2347 on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »
Help me po with this, cort viva gold 2 or samick concord cd3,..both are 24 frets, cort has a floyd rose bridge, push/pull tone know HSH price is 13k,...Samick has tune o matic bridge i think, only 3 way blade selector but 9k

apples vs. oranges bro. ano ba hinahanap mong tunog and feel?

the concord is more on the PRS area while the cort is on the ibanez area.

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #2348 on: January 20, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »
apples vs. oranges bro. ano ba hinahanap mong tunog and feel?

the concord is more on the PRS area while the cort is on the ibanez area.

I just got the Concord CD3 today. It feels so good, and I am happy about it.
"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #2349 on: January 25, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
Timmy or Signa drive.
Succesful transactions with: brown, jem, followtheReaper, piekey, mzik_man, exia, sundayhigh, Sir Alex, peter_alistair,GAP,doc_12,josephrave,akosijm,diancarlo,caloy the man,Eraseyourhead,relyeboy,gitaristadaw,nickson