hulika

Author Topic: Raimund Marasigan.. The "bad boy" of the E-heads  (Read 33873 times)

Offline jacaranda

Raimund Marasigan.. The "bad boy" of the E-heads
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:37:20 PM »
Im not saying he's bad.. Im sure that's just another image every rock band wants to have for them to be remembered. But I have a feeling he is... In a good way..  :D

I just saw his band tonight in one of their gig here at Sta Rosa, Laguna (SM).. (Ayos pala kapitbahay Mall no.. hehe.. tatawid ka lang kalsada, mini concert na) They are doing this nationwide album promo thing.. I was able to watch them and had a little chance to chat.. (I asked raimund.. "tol wala ba reunion ang e'heads?".. he said "pare meron! hehe.. joke lang.. walaaaa!")

I took some pics and videos of their performance, you can see it here http://www.everything-eli.com/blog/?postid=24.. I was able to get the water spray, the KYLA Scandal :).. etc.. (very bad.. but good! )

I have to tell you guys, they rocked! kuhang kuha ang hilig ng crowd (of course most of us.. errr.. them are youths) Live and alive sila sa stage! which every band should do to.. They're good! They're having fun.. they love what they do.

Bottom line, Raimund is indeed good in being bad. Crowd loves it! :D
Check Out <a href="http://www.pinoybanda.com/" title="pinoy rock bands">Pinoy Rock Band</a> Profiles!
=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.pinoybanda.com  The Love You Take is Equal to The Love You Make...

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 02:29:27 AM »
hahaha.. sobrang idol ko un.. im so lucky lagi namen sila kasama sa mga gigs.. hehehe.. so lagi ko sila napapanood from side ng stage and im telling you man, mong and raims, perfect combination..

naaalala ko once may orc(jologs) na nagtanong, "Raimund nasan si Ely?!?!?!".. he paused for a while sabi nia, "Nasan ung nagtanong?" tpos humarap sha dun, sabi nia, "Si Ely kasama ung lola mo, nagpapakulot" and my God that hirit brought the house down man..

sobrang idol ko yan, sa attitude sa stage.. total performer.. one time sa gig namen, he saw a basketball ring, he hooked his legs on it and suspended himself upside down.. man what a perfomer..
im screaming, im shouting...

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 09:45:56 PM »
Kakaiba ang energy ng taong 'to. :lol:
Has anyone tried doing the dance that he does when they play "Sugod"? Ang hirap sundan....hindi naman sabay sa beat or guitars..pero it works!

Offline IncX

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »
since this is a free for all band forum... i just wanna say:

i do not like him.

i do not want to justify why because he isn't making that much money nowadays (with playing music at least) and negative comments are not meant for those who aren't really "up" there.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
Quote from: Red_Strat
Has anyone tried doing the dance that he does when they play "Sugod"? Ang hirap sundan....hindi naman sabay sa beat or guitars..pero it works!

Meth does wonders to people.

Offline IncX

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte

absolutely... there was this one vocalist who did a backflip, landed on his back, then did a chinese get-up in a span of 2 seconds. i think this was in a major music event show. i did a forward flip in, landed on my back, and it took me 5 seconds to get up normally.

-*-

i can do a helicopter head spin with Sugod... except that the song doesnt deserve a helicopter head spin *lol*

Offline cookie taylo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »
oks din si raimund m.
BASS GUITAR FREAK!!!!!!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 12:45:34 AM »
Raimund Marasigan is THE MAN.
nuffsaid.

Offline pearljam

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:23 AM »
yah..i agree!eheads pa nun idol ko na sya.dig ko na noon pa ung mga songs nya...asteg ka raims!2loy mo lng style mo....
Tish...kcuf...<br /><br /><br />

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 12:53:19 PM »

hahaha.. nakita nio na ba sha bumabatak? sali tau!!..

stop judging him as if you know him personally..

may anak na ung tao.. na lagi nia kasama sa gigs nia, or sa gigs ng wife nia..alam ko kase i often share the same backstage with him..

chaka bawal drugs sa management.. hehehe.. yosi nga bawal eh..

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 02:55:09 PM »
Quote from: drumfreak

stop judging him as if you know him personally..

buti na lang pala i know him personally so i can "judge" him. hehehe.

i've known raimund for many many years now. even before i managed the eraserheads, kilala ko na sya, although of course it was only during my two years with the band that i REALLY got to know him.

totoong tao. disente, may prinsipyo. may topak kung may topak :roll: sino ba wala? :) THOUGHTFUL! consciencious...and a sincere friend. will always help you when you're in a bind :)
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 02:29:38 AM »
Quote from: drumfreak

may anak na ung tao.. na lagi nia kasama sa gigs nia, or sa gigs ng wife nia..alam ko kase i often share the same backstage with him..

That meth joke was way outta line. Raimund doesn't even smoke. he's got asthma (hence his email address asmatik88) . I don't think he does drugs either - he gets high on music.   Lemon does like his beer though :-)

+10000 on KarinA's assessment of Raimund. He is one of the most professional musicians I've met - especially in the recording studio where he's all business. He is also a 100% nice guy and for him its really all about the music - a rarity in these jaded times.  Him and Buddy actually. Maybe that's why these two still get along quite famously.

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
That meth joke was way outta line. Raimund doesn't even smoke. he's got asthma (hence his email address asmatik88) . I don't think he does drugs either - he gets high on music.   Lemon does like his beer though :-)

i am sure raims had his share of kagaguhan in college. i can only speak for him beginning 1998 and since then, clean living. dati one beer pa lang, lasing na yan (hang out naming dalawa malate, UP, o parking lot ng eheads office dati sa malingap). ngayon balita ko kaya na nya 2 beers  :lol:  nung after party ng MTV pilipinas, nilasing sya ng MOJOFLY on jack and coke  :twisted:  ayun, according to myrene, di na nya maalala na inalalayan namin sya down the stairs of temple bar.   :roll:
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 12:31:34 AM »
susumbong ko kayo sa idol ko.. lagut kayu kasama kame sa bar tour ng sandwich.. laguuuut kayuu... hehehe..

seriously..

lets just not judge the guy.. he's nice.. intimidating though.. (at first).. =)

Offline jacaranda

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 03:32:02 PM »
inggit naman ako sa inyo, KarinA, drumfreak...
you know the guy personally.. Sana ako man.. :cry:

I was (still am) a big fan then of the e-heads.. even after, i still follow
them.. (san n mga pala si marcus?   :)
Check Out <a href="http://www.pinoybanda.com/" title="pinoy rock bands">Pinoy Rock Band</a> Profiles!
=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.pinoybanda.com  The Love You Take is Equal to The Love You Make...

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »
Quote from: jacaranda
even after, i still follow
them.. (san n mga pala si marcus?   :)

i think he has a gig tonight @ conspiracy. yun ang balita ko...
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline pearljam

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 08:27:09 AM »
kung wala c raimund...naging boring ung albums ng eheads kac magiging monotonous ung songs.tnx 2 raims & d other heads naging versatile ung music ng eheads.nga pala...namiss ko na rin c marcus at buddy.upd8s nga...

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »
Quote from: pearljam
kung wala c raimund...naging boring ung albums ng eheads kac magiging monotonous ung songs.tnx 2 raims & d other heads naging versatile ung music ng eheads.nga pala...namiss ko na rin c marcus at buddy.upd8s nga...

well i bumped into cambio's performance in eastwood last saturday. i have not seen buddy in quite a while which is actually why i decided to watch them and skip dinner with my friends before our movie. he has lost weight and looks very good. we were not able to talk though as i left right after their set ended. raimund was not there. malamang may ibang gig.

marcus still chooses to live in la union despite having gigs in baguio and manila, among other locations i'm sure. i just get shocked whenever i receive his texts kasi one day he is texting from manila, two days later i get a text about a baguio gig, and then the next day another text about a gig back in manila! but that's marcus!!!

sa pagkaka alam ko, he is looking for a record label for his next album. i hooked him up with a few A & R guys. ewan ko lang kung ano na ang update dun.
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 03:08:49 AM »
si buddy nag bass sa the dawn sa rockestra.. monumental performance.. hehe

Offline pearljam

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »
Quote from: KarinA

well i bumped into cambio's performance in eastwood last saturday. i have not seen buddy in quite a while which is actually why i decided to watch them and skip dinner with my friends before our movie. he has lost weight and looks very good. we were not able to talk though as i left right after their set ended. raimund was not there. malamang may ibang gig.

marcus still chooses to live in la union despite having gigs in baguio and manila, among other locations i'm sure. i just get shocked whenever i receive his texts kasi one day he is texting from manila, two days later i get a text about a baguio gig, and then the next day another text about a gig back in manila! but that's marcus!!!

sa pagkaka alam ko, he is looking for a record label for his next album. i hooked him up with a few A & R guys. ewan ko lang kung ano na ang update dun.

anu ka nga ng mojofly?

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
para kay raims lng ba eheads?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 01:29:50 PM »

well ive been reading all ur posts here parang wala akong nakikitang lupet ni ely ah? hehehe.. although una kong idol c ely pagdating sa song writing.. lupet din tlga c raims.. sha yata nagaarrange ng mga kanta eh. tpos aun lupet na performer..

anti-ely ba kau? hihihi just askin

i think he's great. my gf likes him so much.. as much as the eheads.. he likes raims too pero mas nalulupitan sha kay ely. me and my former bassist ( na nasa states na ) eh nalulupitan din kay ely.

ok clang apat.. ika nga ng bassist namin.. pag pinaghiwalay mo ung apat na un at pinagbuo mo ng banda automatic sila ung "captain" ng bandang yun.. na talga namang totoo :)

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: para kay raims lng ba eheads?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 01:33:06 PM »
Quote from: higad

well ive been reading all ur posts here parang wala akong nakikitang lupet ni ely ah? hehehe.. although una kong idol c ely pagdating sa song writing.. lupet din tlga c raims.. sha yata nagaarrange ng mga kanta eh. tpos aun lupet na performer..

anti-ely ba kau? hihihi just askin

i think he's great. my gf likes him so much.. as much as the eheads.. he likes raims too pero mas nalulupitan sha kay ely. me and my former bassist ( na nasa states na ) eh nalulupitan din kay ely.

ok clang apat.. ika nga ng bassist namin.. pag pinaghiwalay mo ung apat na un at pinagbuo mo ng banda automatic sila ung "captain" ng bandang yun.. na talga namang totoo :)

TEKA MAY MALI SA LINE NA 2.. hehehe..

"i think he's great. my gf likes him so much.. as much as the eheads.. he likes raims too pero mas nalulupitan sha kay ely"

SHE LIKES RAIMS TOO.. thats what i was tryin 2 say :) hahaha ambobo
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 01:46:53 PM »

anu ka nga ng mojofly?

manager po  :wink:
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »
MTV Asia awards yata yun...
Raimund didn't have a shirt on, but he had a pair of bat wings!
Plain hilarious! :lol:

Raimund keeps thinking of new ways to put up a really entertaining & fresh show. :)

Offline KarinA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 10:26:53 PM »
MTV Asia awards yata yun...
Raimund didn't have a shirt on, but he had a pair of bat wings!
Plain hilarious! :lol:

Raimund keeps thinking of new ways to put up a really entertaining & fresh show. :)

yeah...that shocked the hell outta everyone, including mtv!...'cause apparently he didn't tell them about it!

according to him "usapang lasing" lang yun between him and a friend. but the friend called one day to tell him the wings were ready!  :lol:

sabi ko sa kanya, ok lang naman yung wings eh. pero mejo bothered ako na hubad sya kasi kita yung n*ppl*s at armpit hair nya! eh sabi naman nya, sabi nung gumawa ng wings, it was either that daw (hubad) or some body-fit spandex top. kaya naghubad na lang daw sya!

i was in his house last week (haven't been there since that one and only time while i was still with the 'heads...7 years ago?). pag pasok mo, yung wings kagad ang makikita mo! flip! so i was so happy i got to see the bat wings up close. wala lang. ang ganda eh.
LUKAS MUSIC PHILIPPINES
www.LMPhilippines.com