hulika

Author Topic: PAUL GILBERT IS SO AWSOME!!!  (Read 35092 times)

Offline KennyKen

Re: PAUL GILBERT IS SO AWSOME!!!
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
well nothing beats satriani when it comes to melody (own opinion) and his legato technique

tumatanda na si paul kaya binbawasan na nya siguro yung mga shredtatonics (wattaword!) nya hahha ...

i still prefer PG than impelliteri batio and even malmsteen madumi sila live

Satch is a prime example of a pure blues/rock player who knows how to make 'an 'ordinary'' phrasing/lick sounds magnificently ''extra-ordinary''.

The Only other player that I adore who belongs to the Satriani-vein is Blues Saraceno......galeng ng ''Never Look back' album niya, to think na teen-ager lang siya nun! IMHO magka-level tong dalawang 'to sa pag articulate sa fretboard.

I hate Vai, never been into his weird myxolydian-Jazz crap...

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
he's teaching drum lessons  heheh

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2014, 05:04:43 AM »
well nothing beats satriani when it comes to melody (own opinion) and his legato technique

tumatanda na si paul kaya binbawasan na nya siguro yung mga shredtatonics (wattaword!) nya hahha ...

i still prefer PG than impelliteri batio and even malmsteen madumi sila live

i love that SHREDTATONICS!!! kasi yung technical difficulties, i know pentatonic based pero parang galing sa mongo and barsoom!

@ ken

yup, iba talaga si satch. mas smooth and flowing ang legato niya e, and his sense of melody and use of scales, grabe...he does not
need to rely entirely on speed to make fretboard magic.

but btt. what song or other piece of work turned you on to PG?

ako i was given a bootleg of Mr. Big songs by one of my friends-turned-bandmate. nung una it didn't make much sense and i thought
medyo madumi tunog niya compared to YJM. turns out he was purposely picking that way, that ka-chic-ka-chic sound
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »
just saw this video on youtube (PG in HK)

doh!!!

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2014, 08:16:25 AM »
what made PG separate from most shredders is his sense of humor while playing.

it could be from a simple "landi" during a note bend to including solos from other popular rock songs in his performances.

plus he's one of the few guitarists who like to accentuate certain notes, which prevents his solos from sounding like a barrage of scales.