hulika

Author Topic: "Class A" Ibanez Jems  (Read 14939 times)

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "Class A" Ibanez Jems
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 09:08:32 AM »
kung wala kang pera pambili ng orig na jem d2 ka nlng tpos tadtarin mo nlng ng DIMARZIO's Na P.U

tpos konting sanding sa neck sa luthiers..tapos ang usapan... gumastos ka lng ng round 25-30k halos kamukha na..

120kcorrection jem7vwh is 140k+ and the jem77fp2 i ordered is $3999 = roughly 180k php isang orig na jem d2 sa pinas...BNEW...

you save round 80k...

at oo nga kamukha nga ng jem. pero katunog ba? kafeel ba? kaganda ng quality ba? nothing comes close to the real one.

OT: is OEM the new class A? yun na yung madalas na ginagamit ngayon na term. lol
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »
OT: is OEM the new class A? yun na yung madalas na ginagamit ngayon na term. lol

OEM is not fake as far as i know. 

an example is when a big US company subcontracts its labor to China for example to save on labor cost.  the products are assembled in China then sent back to the US for QC and branding.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »
kung wala kang pera pambili ng orig na jem d2 ka nlng tpos tadtarin mo nlng ng DIMARZIO's Na P.U

tpos konting sanding sa neck sa luthiers..tapos ang usapan... gumastos ka lng ng round 25-30k halos kamukha na..

120k isang orig na jem d2 sa pinas...BNEW...

you save round 80k...

well the floating bridge looks definitely odd. looks like a cheap lo-trs copy to me, idk. if you are going to spend 30k anyway, bakit hindi nalang bumili ng ibanez prestige?
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »
OEM is not fake as far as i know

an example is when a big US company subcontracts its labor to China for example to save on labor cost.  the products are assembled in China then sent back to the US for QC and branding.

Yes.

I just don't understand why some people just can't accept the fact that this certain  guy likes this certain guitar.. :|
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
OEM is not fake as far as i know. 

soo that's the catch for 50% price off. just a question? would they cost them a lot more if they ship it back and forth?

well the floating bridge looks definitely odd. looks like a cheap lo-trs copy to me, idk. if you are going to spend 30k anyway, bakit hindi nalang bumili ng ibanez prestige?

+1 to this. i heard this from tv: if you can afford it, then buy it. if not, live up to your means.

Yes.

I just don't understand why some people just can't accept the fact that this certain  guy likes this certain guitar.. :|

well, he's asking for help. we're just here to give tips.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »

Maybe the guy's really after the Vai-look, pareng Randy.

You're referring to a used Ibanez Prestige, right?
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:53 AM »
Maybe the guy's really after the Vai-look, pareng Randy.

You're referring to a used Ibanez Prestige, right?

ibanez rg1550 or yeah something from ishibashi
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:10 AM »
soo that's the catch for 50% price off. just a question? would they cost them a lot more if they ship it back and forth?

labor cost will always be higher than shipping cost bro.  always.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 09:41:52 AM »

+1 to this. i heard this from tv: if you can afford it, then buy it. if not, live up to your means.

well, he's asking for help. we're just here to give tips.

I know. But we must also try to read between the lines. Even if he's asking for tips or suggestions, the fact that he brought-up this topic is proof enough that he badly wants the guitar. The guy might just be on a tight budget so giving him the advice to get the real one or anything that's more expensive than what he wants would just be futile.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 09:43:42 AM »
A few days ago I tried a Chinese knock-off. The neck doesn't feel right, the pickup is responsive, the floyd rose system needs replacing and it goes out of tune.

BUT............. the price dictates it can be a good candidate for modification. Well, if you know where to buy your parts and you know how to setup the guitar, it's not half as bad as it is. If the buyer is just starting out and knows nothing, eventually the buyer will sell this after a few months. But for me it's a good candidate to abuse it. Let's say you have the orig and it never leaves your house, this can be a good substitute for the daily abuse.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
I know. But we must also try to read between the lines. Even if he's asking for tips or suggestions, the fact that he brought-up this topic is proof enough that he badly wants the guitar. The guy might just be on a tight budget so giving him the advice to get the real one or anything that's more expensive than what he wants would just be futile.

well.. if you back read, you'll see that TS problem is already solved and i originally gave him a tip that he's better off with a 2nd hand ibby with equal price.
what we're discussing here is about thunder_shadow's statement.

Offline thunder_shadow(raikage)

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 09:55:35 AM »
at oo nga kamukha nga ng jem. pero katunog ba? kafeel ba? kaganda ng quality ba? nothing comes close to the real one.

para naman sa mga walang cash i prefer..indeed nothing comes close to the real ones.but how about the other VAI inspired guitar players??? ..for your KKK's (katunong,kafeel,kaganda ng quality?) you dont need the exact one to play good..MR.Jack Rufo played VAI's piece on a CRAPPY guitar...

oh yeah last time i checked the price of JEM's was 120k php in the year 2004 jem7vwh sori im not updated..

yeah like put a LIONS CLAW ON A IBANEZ RG1550(sabay mali ung pagkabutas oh ARUH ka sakit)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 10:02:45 AM »
yeah like put a LIONS CLAW ON A IBANEZ RG1550(sabay mali ung pagkabutas oh ARUH ka sakit)

well that's stupidity. lion's claw is unnecessary with the low profile (lo-pro, edge-pro, etc..) trems available on ibanez guitars today. kaya lang may lion's claw ang ibanez jem (way back in the late 80's, early 90's) para macompensate yung pull-ups sa ibanez edge trem. you can do pull ups without the lion's claw on newer ibanez without any problems.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 10:07:58 AM »
well.. if you back read, you'll see that TS problem is already solved and i originally gave him a tip that he's better off with a 2nd hand ibby with equal price.
what we're discussing here is about thunder_shadow's statement.

Even so. You say, katunog ba? Ka-feel ba? Ka-quality ba? Who knows? Maybe. That's why there's this so-called "modifications" di ba? To make your instrument feel and sound better.

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »

para naman sa mga walang cash i prefer..indeed nothing comes close to the real ones.but how about the other VAI inspired guitar players??? ..for your KKK's (katunong,kafeel,kaganda ng quality?) you dont need the exact one to play good..MR.Jack Rufo played VAI's piece on a CRAPPY guitar...

oh yeah last time i checked the price of JEM's was 120k php in the year 2004 jem7vwh sori im not updated..

walang cash? but with 30k to burn? then they're better off with a rg prestige. for vai inspired players, why waste 30k for a copy if you can have a prestige almost or even equally as good as a jem? i know about mr. rufo but even him knows he's better off with a prestige(he currently uses one) than spending 30k for a copy.

Even so. You say, katunog ba? Ka-feel ba? Ka-quality ba? Who knows? Maybe. That's why there's this so-called "modifications" di ba? To make your instrument feel and sound better.

i'm just saying due to 1st hand experience. yeah, i know the modifications. what i'm trying to say is will you spend enough money to buy a better build guitar to those mods? specially knowing the guitar is just a copy.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »

adding Dimarzio's just doesnt solve the problem

sanding sa neck? what does that do?

and 25-30K is money spent on ishibashi prestige or rg's or s's that were made right

lets say you do get this and spend that much for it(the fake)...side by side..its will still be far from it. try it out take an Ibanez RG form fitted case and try to fit this guitar..

unless some are after the scheme, white body, pearloid pickguard, white pickups, maple neck, dark fretboard(its rosewood not ebony)..this is the only reason i can think of why some would dig it...

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
i'm just saying due to 1st hand experience. yeah, i know the modifications. what i'm trying to say is will you spend enough money to buy a better build guitar to those mods? specially knowing the guitar is just a copy.

True enough. But the 25-30k thing is of course just an exaggeration. What if the guy's really after the Vai-look? If that's what the fellow's really after, to feed his thought of having the Vai guitar, then the best thing to do to feed that thought and desire is to buy a copy and have it modified. Buying a Prestige won't kill it.

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »
may i ask sa mga nakakaalam ng tunay na presyo ng "Class A Ibanez Jems"  kung magkano ba talaga presyo nito bago dumating sa pinas?  

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
adding Dimarzio's just doesnt solve the problem

sanding sa neck? what does that do?

and 25-30K is money spent on ishibashi prestige or rg's or s's that were made right

lets say you do get this and spend that much for it(the fake)...side by side..its will still be far from it. try it out take an Ibanez RG form fitted case and try to fit this guitar..

unless some are after the scheme, white body, pearloid pickguard, white pickups, maple neck, dark fretboard(its rosewood not ebony)..this is the only reason i can think of why some would dig it...

Such is the case, Bry. :-D

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »
True enough. But the 25-30k thing is of course just an exaggeration. What if the guy's really after the Vai-look? If that's what the fellow's really after, to feed his thought of having the Vai guitar, then the best thing to do to feed that thought and desire is to buy a copy and have it modified. Buying a Prestige won't kill it.

if that's the case, then by all means go.:-D though he must make sure he won't regret it on the future.(talk about the really low resale value)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
may i ask sa mga nakakaalam ng tunay na presyo ng "Class A Ibanez Jems"  kung magkano ba talaga presyo nito bago dumating sa pinas?  

in my experience direct from factory it was $120 and that includes shipping, i kid not..and yes it there was a time it was 80USD(premade) with shipping included..and yes parts suck..

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2011, 11:13:24 AM »
if that's the case, then by all means go.:-D though he must make sure he won't regret it on the future.(talk about the really low resale value)

Well, that's no longer our problem.hahaha! :-D

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
misleading yung Class A para sa mga newbie bakit kailangan pa gamitin yung term na yon hindi na lang derechohin na pekeng o fake na Ibanez. Yung mga gumagamit ng term CLASS A may intention manloko parang mga nagbebenta ng celphone hehe

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
misleading yung Class A para sa mga newbie bakit kailangan pa gamitin yung term na yon hindi na lang derechohin na pekeng o fake na Ibanez. Yung mga gumagamit ng term CLASS A may intention manloko parang mga nagbebenta ng celphone hehe

Ganun talaga yun pareko'y. Business strategy kasi e. As long as 'di nila sinasabi na orig yun, I don't see any problem. Nasa tao na yan kung kakagat o hindi.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »
Ganun talaga yun pareko'y. Business strategy kasi e. As long as 'di nila sinasabi na orig yun, I don't see any problem. Nasa tao na yan kung kakagat o hindi.

oo strategy para maka uto hehe kawawakang mga newbie pagnagkataon