hulika

Author Topic: Bang for the buck tuner?  (Read 2463 times)

Offline zooom

• Netizen Level
Bang for the buck tuner?
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
Any tuner that you can recommend masters na pinaka sulit. Can you also include where to get it and a price that would be awesome. I'm just gathering infos for other newbie like me where to get the best gears in town.  :-)

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Bang for the buck tuner?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »
anong klaseng tuner? chromatic tuner like korg and ibanez (available at audiophile at jb music) around 800-1,5k. tapos meron din yun mga pedal type tuner. that i don't know kun magkanu. :-P

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »
go for the pedal tuner... pero pahirapan mag hanap ngayon  :lol:
 usual answer> Korg dt10, pitchblack

pero ako i'm using a boss tu2, at wala akong balak palitan  :lol:

Offline curlicue

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
ano ba sir ang mga difference nung iba't-ibang tuners? ako kasi cheap 400 pesos tuner lang ang meron ako, but it can get the job done naman...
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline zooom

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
chromatic is digital yung sinasaksak sa tuner? Then pag nasa gitna needle tuned na? Sensya na mga sir newbie po. :wink:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:48:31 PM »
yung iba kasi ang concern sa tuner kung tb saka siyempre tuning accuracy...
some tuners masyado malikot ang led or needle.
(wag ka pala tatapat sa electric fan pag nagtotono)  :lol:

pero ako for the simple reason na kailangan ko ng pedal tuner, hindi na yuyuko para mag tono... saka kailangan madali makita sa dilim hehe

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »
Any tuner that you can recommend masters na pinaka sulit. Can you also include where to get it and a price that would be awesome. I'm just gathering infos for other newbie like me where to get the best gears in town.  :-)

You can't go wrong with a Korg Pitchblack Pedal Tuner with its price and true-bypass tuning capability.

Another vote goes to Korg DT-10 and Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner. All cheap and does the job very well.
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline zooom

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »
Thanks knightburn! Any ballpark figures for this tuners and where to find it?  :-)

Offline audiopanic

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »

You can't go wrong with a Korg Pitchblack Pedal Tuner with its price and true-bypass tuning capability.

Another vote goes to Korg DT-10 and Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner. All cheap and does the job very well.

+1 on the DT-10. Isn't the DT-10 TBP as well?

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 01:54:35 PM »

magkakanu mga price range nitong mga tuner na to?

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »
i have that cheap tuner -- yung tig 400-500 ata ...me jack nman siya... it gets the job done pero if your using it for alternate tunings done magkaka-problema other than that it's pretty accurate

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »

You can easily get these tuner for only $3,000 less (overseas). Even the Boss TU-2's price has gone down due to the increased demand on the Pitchblack. TU-2 here is less than 4K and absolutely brand new.

I'm not sure if the DT-10 is true bypass or not but I can say that there's no noticeable tone suck... same thing with the Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner.
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »
You can easily get these tuner for only $3,000 less (overseas). Even the Boss TU-2's price has gone down due to the increased demand on the Pitchblack. TU-2 here is less than 4K and absolutely brand new.

I'm not sure if the DT-10 is true bypass or not but I can say that there's no noticeable tone suck... same thing with the Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner.

kahit sa mga PP nagbaba na rin ng price yung TU2?

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »
kahit sa mga PP nagbaba na rin ng price yung TU2?

a tu 2 still is at 4k+ range, it isnt true bypass, but has good buffer, and you can also use it on a/y setup

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
i'm already using a TU2, 5.2k (not a TB fanatic)  :lol:
@PP it would cost 5.5k, they lowered their prices?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »
korg pitch black. simply, the best.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »
as far as i know, hindi bababa ng 3k bnew. :-D

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:03:56 PM »
Guitar > Hikari comp > Morley Lynch wah > Subdecay Blackstar > (Barber Burn Unit - coming soon) > Dimetronics Mang Temi (Timmy clone) > Morley vol pedal > EHX DMM > Korg PitchBlack > BBE Sonic Stomp > Fender tube amp (hence all the dirt pedals hehe)

Gusto ko nga sana bawasan, but practically every pedal provides a 'service' I need. I'm currently disposing of the Morley vol pedal, pero kahit yun nagdadalawang-isip ako.

Tip: The PitchBlack isn't true bypass in the most honest sense of the word. While it does let signal through without power, it still has an internal buffer running when bypassed with power in the chain. It was wreaking havoc on my Blackstar, sobrang lakas ng hiss, so I put the Korg near the end of the chain and sent the Blackstar back to Brian Marshall for a PCB upgrade to current specs which he claims will lessen the noise (props to Subdecay Studios!).

I'll probably make some sort of in/out box with a tuner out in the future so both guitar and amp cables go in one place while the tuner is isolated from the chain.