hulika

Author Topic: Dumble Tone Fans  (Read 8022 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Dumble Tone Fans
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
BLUDOTONE!

BLUDOTONE BLUDO DRIVE with Rory Gallagher Strat

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »
BLUDOTONE!

BLUDOTONE BLUDO DRIVE with Rory Gallagher Strat

It depends on what type of Bludotone...  I tested the basic version and it was inferior to the Bruno Super 100.  Maybe, his version with all the upgrades may sound superior.

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
Upgraded eh. Tyak superior yan! :razz:
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »
Upgraded eh. Tyak superior yan! :razz:

We won't know until we talk to the guy who made the clips....

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
BLUDOTONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIrz_-YD814 BLUDOTONE BLUDO DRIVE with Rory Gallagher Strat

Loved the sound overall, but I didn't like the harsh and kinda flabby low frequencies. That, or maybe it was just the quality of the recorder.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »
This one looks promising:

"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »
Bukod kay Larry Carlton and Robben Ford...are there any popular artists that are attached to this amp? Nakita ko sa wiki si Santana, Lowell George and SRV. Pero mas kilala sila na users ng ibang amp like Boogie (Santana) and Fender (SRV). Not sure about Lowell George though.
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
John Mayer is also a Dumble user.

Sent from my Avaya phone using Tapatalk 2
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
Hello Dumble Tone Fans,

Can anyone suggest what I can best use to push (or should it be pull?) an Ethos pre-amp into glorious sustain, bordering on feedback, at low (home) volume? Should also be able to put some grit or presence around the notes, when desired...

I've got a few candidate pedals to try, but testing & a/b'ing is a long process I get impatient with. I would rather just play and jam. So maybe you guys with more pedal cascading experience can help cutdown on the testing time... here's what I can choose from at the moment:

- Beano Boost  (can answer for the grit&presence?)
- EP Booster  (lows and highs to balance out Ethos' mids?)
- Jetter GSR  (GSR+Ethos=mud?)
- Super Blues Pro (mids+Ethos=mud?)
- VS Open Road  (bassy crunch+Ethos= ? )
- RAT  (grit&crunch+Ethos= ? )
- Boss FDR-1 (Ethos+DR amp-in-a-box wannabee=RF tele tone approximation?)

Any inputs to weed out & help cut down testing time will be much appreciated.

Oh, possible amps to use:  Classic 30 or TSA15H into a Weber Blue Dog ceramic speaker, Cube 60, BluesCube30

Many thanks!

Jaime G.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
Hello Dumble Tone Fans,

Can anyone suggest what I can best use to push (or should it be pull?) an Ethos pre-amp into glorious sustain, bordering on feedback, at low (home) volume? Should also be able to put some grit or presence around the notes, when desired...

I've got a few candidate pedals to try, but testing & a/b'ing is a long process I get impatient with. I would rather just play and jam. So maybe you guys with more pedal cascading experience can help cutdown on the testing time... here's what I can choose from at the moment:

Oh, possible amps to use:  Classic 30 or TSA15H into a Weber Blue Dog ceramic speaker, Cube 60, BluesCube30

Many thanks!

Jaime G.

The main challenge in cascading ODs is finding the perfect settings for both pedals so that they can be used as a stack or as individual dirt pedals. I tend to place an OD (set to very slight gain) before my main dirt pedal (which is set to a few notches below the highest saturation/compression point that I want to have but with enough gain to be used for dirty rhythm) so that I can have a really clean sound (both off), a simulated semi-cranked clean amp sound (pre-dirt booster on), a dirty rhythm sound (main dirt on) and a searing, sustain- and harmonic-rich lead sound (both on). For volume boosting, I just add a clean booster after the main dirt pedal.

In your case, any nicely voiced TS-type will do. That or try a Bluesbreaker clone (JHS Morning Glory, KoT/PoT, etc.) if you don't like the bit of added pre-dirt mid hump to your tone. The EP Booster worked for me as well but I liked it more as the Ethos' post-dirt booster.

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 02:45:58 PM »
John Mayer is also a Dumble user.

Sent from my Avaya phone using Tapatalk 2

Agreed!

He use both his Fender and Dumble at the same time. Both mic'd and mixed going to the output speakers.
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
Thanks, Ian!

So.... KOT or TS  >  Ethos

or     Ethos  >  EP

Will try those first then!

Jaime

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »
i think i have something to contribute here. not a robben ford fan his music is nice and i like tele but im more in to matt scofield. he use two rock but not sure if its dumble voiced. akala ko dati lahat ng two rock dumble kaya napabili tuloy ako ng fuchs  :-D which is also not a bad thing. not sure how close it is with the real thing pero im very happy i can get a lot of sounds from it. never looked at fender or vox. it more than enough.  :)

matt scofield's pedalboard. i do have a deep blue delay, free the tone and Klone (arc effects) pwede na rin :-D

his two rock sig, daytona strat, his beloved 62

my trying hard copycat MS gear, old pic. orange cab is gone, i got a matching fuchs 1x12 with eminence rwb. have a vs strat too.

looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
i think i have something to contribute here. not a robben ford fan his music is nice and i like tele but im more in to matt scofield. he use two rock but not sure if its dumble voiced. akala ko dati lahat ng two rock dumble kaya napabili tuloy ako ng fuchs  :-D which is also not a bad thing. not sure how close it is with the real thing pero im very happy i can get a lot of sounds from it. never looked at fender or vox. it more than enough.  :)

matt scofield's pedalboard. i do have a deep blue delay, free the tone and Klone (arc effects) pwede na rin :-D

his two rock sig, daytona strat, his beloved 62

my trying hard copycat MS gear, old pic. orange cab is gone, i got a matching fuchs 1x12 with eminence rwb. have a vs strat too.

Fuchs ODS! Nice amp! Is it really close to a dumble in tone?

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »

Medyo may differences pa yan sa true Dumble sound since hotrodded na yung circuit ng ODS-50, but it's one heck of an amp. Really great sounding. I wouldn't say that it's one of the most versatile amps out there, but for what it can do, it's awesome. Bludotone or Glaswerks siguro ang mas may laban. Or Alex's Bruno Super 100.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »

I dont know really. Need a real dumble to compare which is close to impossible. Alot of vids in youtube didnt do justice to this amp. Must hear it live. Which is how i got it. Recording amp sya sa studio. I didnt even know the brand at first, i was leaning towards two rock. paguwi ko lng ginoogle haha

Medyo may differences pa yan sa true Dumble sound since hotrodded na yung circuit ng ODS-50, but it's one heck of an amp. Really great sounding. I wouldn't say that it's one of the most versatile amps out there, but for what it can do, it's awesome. Bludotone or Glaswerks siguro ang mas may laban. Or Alex's Bruno Super 100.

Yup hot rodded sya since SLX mod  and it came with different set of tubes. Its good at low volumes too. Tunog bland yun dumkudo at ecstacy kumpara dito  :-D
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
ito un sakin..... :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SterlingbyMusicMan/Zoom G3Xn SBMM JP100 Alice String 427PJP
"Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks"
http://sterlingbymusicman.com/

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »
I used a Dumkudo clone for dirt last Sunday. Ran it through an AMT tweed amp sim pedal. Lovely gain. Not sure how that will help this thread :lol: :lol:
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
Hey Jaime,

Methinks that the beano boost would be good, as the other pedals on the list may add additional color to the tone. I take it that it's a treble booster, so that wont generate much flubby bass.

I'm going on the presumption that you're enjoying the basic D kind of tone and want to extend the gain range without much deviation.

Next from the list would be the EP.

As for something outside of your arsenal, I cant recommend the RC Boost enough. It's too good. Adds more of everything in the right amounts, and its bass, treble and drive controls are just gorgeous.

Cheers!

Hello Dumble Tone Fans,

Many thanks!

Jaime G.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 03:14:24 PM »
I wonder if my old sansamp classic can nail a dumble-esque tone.  :?

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
RF has Rolphs in his Sakashta. I think most of his guitars have stock pu's. Though i'm not really sure.. lol.
the 1960 tele has stock pickups daw but I've read somewhere that the bridge pickup is unusually hot. and then he had Fralin rewind them. Fralin doesnt wind one exactly like it but the closest ones in his product line are the Fralin Blues Special set daw.

that man and that tele are responsible for me switching from 1pc maple necks to slab board rosewood fretboards. :-D ultimate man-crush yun. hehe