hulika

Author Topic: glorious DELAY! need help with purchasing delay pedal  (Read 4138 times)

Offline pr3ach2all

• Veteran Member
Re: glorious DELAY! need help with purchasing delay pedal
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
i say go and save up for a dd3...secondhand dd3's price isnt too far out from a brand new boston delay. and iba talaga ang quality ng tunog na makukuha mo. boston delay rin first delay ko pero once i replaced that with a dd3, sobrang saya ko na. or go and save up even more for a dd20 or dl4.

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
references: drick, barbie h., turi, deltaslim, royc, tackielarla, nuno, diver, ninjeremy, fonzy, etc.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 08:25:08 PM »
may price limit ako when i get gear. something lower than 3 thou.

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »
may price limit ako when i get gear. something lower than 3 thou.

oh. ok.. well  :-D goodluck sa search mo sir..
references: drick, barbie h., turi, deltaslim, royc, tackielarla, nuno, diver, ninjeremy, fonzy, etc.

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
i use a boston dd-100.. ayos na sakin to tho yun nga, may signal cut.. pero oh well, until it ruins my set, ok na ako dito :-D (psyching myself to avoid GAS)
Thank God for music..
LF: Fender Frontman 25r

Offline bembang_jones

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:44 PM »
t.c. electronics nova delay naaaaaaa

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »
I'm gassing for a EHX Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai when I saw the demo videos. :-D

Offline kayo2jp

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
I vote for line6 DL4 & Boss DD 20  :wink:
"life is a journey way back home"

Offline inverted_hate

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »
if you can find a zoom 508 delay you'll be in delay heaven a bit tough on the tweaking but if you can find the presets good enough for you your good to go
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:11:54 PM by inverted_hate »

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »
the other day i took my gfx8 to MOA to have it repaired by the guys at JB music... dun ko nalang dinala kasi malapet sa school ko (san juan de dios in pasay) and mababait naman ang mga tao dun. i asked the guitar tech if i could try out the Boston ME-200 and he showed me how crappy it was. its actually not that bad but  the crappy sense about it is you can only use one effect at a time and you need to reconfig the knobs to use the other junk in there. anyway he started playin' jazz riffs all around while toying with the pedal then i asked him "kuya, baket ganun nadadalian ako mag blues, pero dehins ko talaga kaya mag jazz. mag 4 years na ko natugtug pero hirap ako". then he took out a BOSTON DD-100 and started tapping it all sorts of ways, like banking in background noises and  notes and basslines and stuff to formulate a jazz type progression so he could use it to show me how to solo. but i forgot what he taught me, all i remember was i really wanted to get my hands on a delay pedal like that... help naman mga kapatid...

i don't have the funds to get a boss delay and i'm planing to get a behringer or a boston din but i dont know where to get them cheap kasi lahat ng delay pedal na mumurahin dito sa classifieds napipitas bago matapos ang araw. help naman. meron ba sa megamall?

Bro when I tested out the ME-200 and the DD-100 the guy who helped me out played a jazz riff too. SCRIPTED! HAHAHA kulit.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 08:56:52 AM »
Bro when I tested out the ME-200 and the DD-100 the guy who helped me out played a jazz riff too. SCRIPTED! HAHAHA kulit.

thats kuya mike. the guy with the mejo long hair and the dandruff.he's nice. he sets up my guitars for free. next time i'll give him at tip. para tropa kami. magaling un!!

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »
thats kuya mike. the guy with the mejo long hair and the dandruff.he's nice. he sets up my guitars for free. next time i'll give him at tip. para tropa kami. magaling un!!

I see. Laughtrip. Hahahha

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »
electro harmonix #1 echo..a lot better than boss delays(except dd-20) and cheaper too..

mxr carbon copy analog delay, maganda rin(bases sa demos)..

Offline pangalan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 05:53:21 AM »
Mga chong i need help... I have a Boss DM-2, and i kinda want a longer delay time, so i thought maybe Moog 104z is a good one, then i came across Diamond Memory Lane 2, even though its only 550 ms (maybe long enough) it's got more control than the 1 sec Moog...(also DML2 is a bit more board friendly) which one is a better buy? Salamat!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 06:01:56 AM »
Mga chong i need help... I have a Boss DM-2, and i kinda want a longer delay time, so i thought maybe Moog 104z is a good one, then i came across Diamond Memory Lane 2, even though its only 550 ms (maybe long enough) it's got more control than the 1 sec Moog...(also DML2 is a bit more board friendly) which one is a better buy? Salamat!

off the shelf and the best delay pedal i have ever owned is the Eventide Timefactor. Pair it up with the Digitech three button aux switch and you're in delay heaven. 40 presets. dual delay settings. stereo. and. it has a screen. lol

edit. i have an extra. trade for your GK2?  :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline pangalan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 06:50:49 AM »
off the shelf and the best delay pedal i have ever owned is the Eventide Timefactor. Pair it up with the Digitech three button aux switch and you're in delay heaven. 40 presets. dual delay settings. stereo. and. it has a screen. lol

edit. i have an extra. trade for your GK2?  :-D

salamat sa tip chong, i'll look up eventide... now about the GK2  :evil:... i am actually thinking of downsizing my rig... if i ever need to get rid of it, you'll be the first one to know...   :wink:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
salamat sa tip chong, i'll look up eventide... now about the GK2  :evil:... i am actually thinking of downsizing my rig... if i ever need to get rid of it, you'll be the first one to know...   :wink:

awryt!!!!!!!!!!
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 delay/looper or yung smaller ver ng memory man ang ok s'kin... kung kaya mo pa mag ipon, pag ipunan mo na lang sulit sa investment  :lol:

or pag swak sa budget, 2nd hand na dd3 or mimic man  :lol:

suggestion lang naman, for long term gamitan naman yan :lol:

Offline Drew Asuncion

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »
Chief, I know you set a P3k limit for gear spending, but maybe you can consider saving up a bit and grabbing an old-enclosure EHX Deluxe Memory Man. I'm using one, and I've never been happier. I stepped up from a Boss digital delay, and I saved up a bit to get the DMM. After all, if you think about it, a lot of today's digital delay emulators have patches designed specifically to try and nail the DMM's sound. But nothing beats the original (kahit reissue hehe), and they sometimes go on sale around here for as low as P7.5k. Kung slapback habol mo, mismo na ito hehe.

My 2 cents. :-D
Dasal lang at gitara ang sandata sa gabi!