hulika

Author Topic: Best guitar cable  (Read 7424 times)

Offline rockarolla

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Best guitar cable
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
monsters and lava
Some musicians may become a Yngwie Malmsteen, others maybe will become a humble Paul Gilbert.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
hey guys, just a cable question, i have 2 pieces of the neutrik silent plug. now im looking at two scenarios:

1. create 1 cable with both silent plugs as the ends.

2. create 2 cables, one end with the silent, and one end with the neutrik chrome.

what do you think would be best? :O
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline SexyLicks

• Formerly known as "Paokour"
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
monsters and lava

Where do you buy monster and Lava?

Offline mikzimous

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 12:41:31 AM »
Monster Cable
Vovox Cable
Planet Waves with circuit breaker

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:51 AM »
hey guys, just a cable question, i have 2 pieces of the neutrik silent plug. now im looking at two scenarios:

2. create 2 cables, one end with the silent, and one end with the neutrik chrome.

scenario 2: The Cable is more important than the plug.

I think that's a plug question, not a cable question. :)

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
When I was still actively gigging I used to have Klotz cables + Neutrik plugs premade at Audiophile. Those things were not stiff and very easy to move around with, and the capacitance was pretty low which was good for a 12ft cable that i paid around Php600-700 for, IIRC. They stood up really well and I would usually have them stolen first before i had any breakages.

Also had at one point a Klotz La Grange, which was also low capacitance but had a nice girth for some reason. Very big sound. Big and loud.

Now I use Evidence Audio Lyric and Forte, which are the best I've ever had, and Providence which are unbelievably bright but in a nice way.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline kuntakinde

• Netizen Level
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 10:35:39 PM »
OOP siguro pero ako hindi swerte sa Planet Waves cables dahil lahat sila puro hindi na gumagana. Madaling masira sa connection ng plug at cable. Yun naman nga Fender cables ko at  mga pagawa ko sa Audiophile hanggang ngayon ok pa rin.

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
Looks like evidence is the real deal ^-^

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
Pricey but worth it if you have expensive gear:

a) Lava Cable using van den hul cables
b) Analysis Plus Studio

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 11:29:46 AM »
i like belden cable mid tones. google vertex cables :idea:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
I saw an add earlier about Musikamismo Noiseless Cables.

Any of you guys tried it? how's the sound?

Offline drazenjake

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2015, 08:26:56 AM »
Lava Cables for me. Quality, sound and durability (lagi ko natatapakan sa gigs). Haha
Recent transcations with: bertz3 / shredboi / micoMouse / Saturn/Return / Papapuzza / beansent / lowtuneduser / karmAA187 / spankyrigor / Poundcake / bakit? / rapunzalan / ciswith / rockhouse / ECUA

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
just my two cents, been playing for almost 5 years pero on weekends lang naman and in total 2 times palang ako bumibili ng jack, tapos sa pinakamalapit on my current location na Music Store (lyric ata ung isa)

I usually just go for the cheapest cables na L-shaped:

which is siguro mga 400 to 500 petot lang. Unfortunately hindi ko namamalayan kung anong brand ng cable un, and pretty much I only had to buy a new cable kasi bumili ako ng bagong gitara din. I'm not so sure about different brand's difficulty pero proper handling and storage really helps siguro in extending the life of your instrument's cables.

As far as sound and tonal quality is concerned, pinapatest naman nung seller ung cable bago mo bilhin and never pa naman ako nakaencounter na pagkabili ko sira kagad (considering nga naman na I just bought two cables my entire life)

In my experience, mas madali masira ang LAN, HDMI/VGA cable kesa sa instrument cable.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:11:18 AM by lockzackary »

Offline rynlntg

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »
Mogami, transparent and "open" sounding.  They also come with a lifetime warranty so they're guaranteed to last very long.  They lay flat (doesn't spiral that much) and coil easy.  Klotz La Grange is also a good cable, clear and bright but a bit hard to handle live (too thick).

Take note that sometimes low end cables may also get you the sound you're after, I read that Hendrix preferred the coiled cables (inefficient in today's standard) to help warm up that bright 60's strat tone.

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »

2nd option is the best. redundant si number 1.

BEST cable for me,,, VOX na curled with gold plating. Neutrik cables with neutrik plug gold (best) and chrome (better). As long as shielded yung cable and match up with Neutrik plug.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
it's always good to hear the classics...
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=14817.0
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »
Mogami, transparent and "open" sounding.  They also come with a lifetime warranty so they're guaranteed to last very long.  They lay flat (doesn't spiral that much) and coil easy.  Klotz La Grange is also a good cable, clear and bright but a bit hard to handle live (too thick).

Take note that sometimes low end cables may also get you the sound you're after, I read that Hendrix preferred the coiled cables (inefficient in today's standard) to help warm up that bright 60's strat tone.

yeah, read this somewhere that he likes to use the long Radio Shack cables as it warms up the bright sounding strat.