hulika

Author Topic: The UPGRADE that turned out to be a DOWNGRADE  (Read 5493 times)

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The UPGRADE that turned out to be a DOWNGRADE
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »

ikaw pala nakakuha nung G nung friend ko. hahahaha! the signature was in a gold pen on some black sticker correct?

yup. it was my first Gibson. ok na sya eh pero di ko natiis kumuha ng standard. that sg special was more resonant and felt more "home-y". I eventually traded the sg silverburst to a 1982 gibson V.
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 06:44:57 PM »
yup. it was my first Gibson. ok na sya eh pero di ko natiis kumuha ng standard. that sg special was more resonant and felt more "home-y". I eventually traded the sg silverburst to a 1982 gibson V.

aye that was  a nice guitar indeed!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
1. Sold my Fulltone OCD v.4 to fund a Fulltone OCD v.3. I liked the v.4 better, so bumili uli ako ng v.4. Na-enganyo naman sa Barber Gain Changer. So sold my OCD v.4 to fund it, di ko rin magustuhan (the setting I liked was too close to the Tim). Sold it and got a Blackstone 2SV3. Had the same problem with it and the Tim. Sold it and got another OCD v.4. Ngayon, di ko na siya pakakawalan.

2. Sold my Nova Delay to fund an Eventide Timefactor. Tried my hardest to like it (syempre, ang mahal ba naman e). Di ko talaga magustuhan.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:58 PM »
Sino sa inyo naka-experience na mag-upgrade ng parts ng gitara nyo na imbes gumanda ang tunog eh lalo pumangit?

Dimarzio Tonezone: Gawd I hate this pickup. Naka-tatlong attempts na ata akong mag-upgrade sa Tonezone pero hindi ko masikmura yung nasal, hi-mid honky tone.

Callaham Vintage Strat Tremolo: Nagpasalin salin na itong tremolo na to sa tatlo kong American Stratocaster pero hindi parin ako masanay sa tunog kahit anong pickup combinations. Ice picky ang tunog lalo na sa Fender amps.

Tone Pros ABR-1 : Sabi nga "If it's not broke, do not fix it". Recently nag purchase ako aluminum stoptail at locking ABR-1 for my LP Trad. After install nagtunog bubuyog yung gitara. I had the ABR-1 removed and kept the aluminum stoptail. I'm still considering kung ibabalik ko yung original na stop tail, honeymoon period muna. Nabawasan kasi yung bass nung LP ko with the new stoptail. 

^-^

Disclaimer : YMMV

i sold my trad recently. hindi naka flush sa body yun tp. yun bridge naman short stud. useless ang upgrade. stock grover tuners suck too. malayo sa reissues ko

i sold my trad recently. the studs are
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
"Upgrades" are always hit or miss...

Went through all the various Seymour Duncan A2 humbuckers on my LP and various semi-hollows, until I got tired and settled on Pearly Gates in my Epi Dot and Seth Lovers in a PRS SE... pero depende pa rin sa amp. :-(

Extensive pickup swapping and tinkering on strats as well, only to find out the stock mij were good as is...

Put a neck mini-humbucker on my micsis tele, only to realize I missed the Texas Special I originally had installed.

Lots of OD pedal acquisitions, only to realize I didn't need the bowteeks and was still happy with a pair of Visual Sound pedals.

And I still miss the various small tube and ss amps I let go in the past for supposed upgrades. Found out I didn't need the added headroom and volume.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:29:18 PM by vegetablejoe »