hulika

Author Topic: Recommended Monitor Speakers  (Read 8484 times)

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Recommended Monitor Speakers
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
Yup. I agree to the post of sir KitC. It all comes down to which factor/s matters to you the most. Budget, certain features (ex. i/o's),  power output or the overall sound quality. People can suggest items but still, your personal factors and constraint will be the final judge. Before I buy my monitors nga naisip ko bakit hindi cheaper priced multimedia desktop speakers na lang. I didn't go for that kasi I think I deserve better saka kaya naman ng budget. That also goes for amps and other stuffs.  :-D
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline moogerfooger

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
Buhayin ko lang itong thread. I've been eyeing the Behringer Truth Active Monitors

Are these good?

good-sounding active monitors,di lang ko sure sir kung gagamitin mo sya as reference monitors for mixing. enhanced highs and lows... :-) im using one of those for my client's listening pleasures :-)
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"NEVER FROWN BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE"

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
Tumawag ako wala pa daw silang price sa 3a.

Less than PhP 5,000 only.

The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »
good-sounding active monitors,di lang ko sure sir kung gagamitin mo sya as reference monitors for mixing. enhanced highs and lows... :-) im using one of those for my client's listening pleasures :-)

Naku, sana naman okey to as reference monitor for mixing (B2031A model). Dun ko gagamitin sir.
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline moogerfooger

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »
Naku, sana naman okey to as reference monitor for mixing (B2031A model). Dun ko gagamitin sir.

pansin ko sir kla ko ok n yung amount ng verb ko ,pag pinakinggan na sa cd player e wla pla halos. :-)

ok sya kc may low kya lng enhanced, pti highs nya

ok sya pag listening lang :-)
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"NEVER FROWN BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE"

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »
Nice info. Samson Rubicon kicks the KRK RP5 in the butt pala. Hmmm...

It's easy to think that the Engineering for the Rubicon has rubbed off on the Resolv series. Or is the Rubicon lower in the line than the Resolv s ?

Teka nga makadalaw nga ng AP-Paco. I'm thinking of putting together a mixing station here at home.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Do you want to try out my RM Speakers?

check out this thread:
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,89375.15.html

BTW, I'm thinking of doing a price special for the RM speakers exclusively for Philmusic.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:19:35 PM by abusound »

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
How much does the RM 2's cost?
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 09:34:08 PM »
How much does the RM 2's cost?

RM1 - USD 2,498 / pair
RM2 - USD 3,499 / pair

Offline carl20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 01:22:40 AM »
anu ba mas ok na reference monitors yung active or passive?
COMBOWORKS

Offline botbenz

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 06:32:34 AM »
anu ba mas ok na reference monitors yung active or passive?

Generally speaking, active monitors are better, because manufacturers design/match amps and filters with the drivers. But, of course, they're also heavier and more expensive.

Of course, you can tweak passive set-ups for optimal results too. But that requires more work and expertise!

Offline d6ynast9y

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
please help,
ive been eyeing the samson mediaone 3a for a while mainly because its small and its really cheap.  is it any good?  would it be trustworthy for mixing? im only going to use it for a small bedroom studio, will this provide me with the flat response i need for mixing?

Offline botbenz

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 11:55:36 PM »
please help,
ive been eyeing the samson mediaone 3a for a while mainly because its small and its really cheap.  is it any good?  would it be trustworthy for mixing? im only going to use it for a small bedroom studio, will this provide me with the flat response i need for mixing?

even if you spent a fortune on monitors, they won't sound that great if your room sounds lousy. at the end of the day, acoustic characteristic/treatment of your room count for much. a less than ideal but suitable fix is to tweak your monitor based on your room characteristics. but affordable monitors typically do not come with room mode compensation/equalization controls.

if you cannot spring for room treatment, do what most old-timers did in the past: scurry between their "control room", and the living room hi-fi or car stereo to gauge how well the mix translates.

ultimately, "good enough" depends on the your target audience; that is, who will judge your mix?

Offline d6ynast9y

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »
even if you spent a fortune on monitors, they won't sound that great if your room sounds lousy. at the end of the day, acoustic characteristic/treatment of your room count for much. a less than ideal but suitable fix is to tweak your monitor based on your room characteristics. but affordable monitors typically do not come with room mode compensation/equalization controls.

if you cannot spring for room treatment, do what most old-timers did in the past: scurry between their "control room", and the living room hi-fi or car stereo to gauge how well the mix translates.

ultimately, "good enough" depends on the your target audience; that is, who will judge your mix?

basically its just a hobby/pastime for me so the target audience is just friends, me, and maybe friends of friends..and maybe will be used for small demos too..im not trying to go all out in equipment, just stuff that will give me good or alright quality with a low price..tnx for the reply :-)

Offline botbenz

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »
the good thing with affordable monitors is that, if they don't sound ideal, you can console yourself with not spending a lot for them--not to mention that they're easier to sell or swap.

for friends and your personal enjoyment, i suggest that you focus on the musicality of your creations. who wants a memorable sound if your songs are utterly forgettable?

i remember this "audiophile" who spent tens of thousands of dollars on a pair of wilson speakers (>$10,000). do you want to know what he used to test the truthfulness of his speakers? a cd of a cow going "moooooo".
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:33:23 PM by botbenz »

Offline d6ynast9y

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »
i remember this "audiophile" who spent tens of thousands of dollars on a pair of wilson speakers (>$10,000). do you want to know what he used to test the truthfulness of his speakers? a cd of a cow going "moooooo".

haha, what a great way to spend $10,000 dollars..tnx for the advice botbenz, i will definitely keep that in mind.. :mrgreen:

Offline ailes

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 09:24:15 PM »
haha, what a great way to spend $10,000 dollars..tnx for the advice botbenz, i will definitely keep that in mind.. :mrgreen:

sir my monitors are still available...
Cookies in a Jar
Music online.. Web development..

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:11:21 PM by BALDO »
Music is art in sound...