hulika

Author Topic: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - IS PUSHING THROUGH!!!  (Read 119551 times)

Offline blueplata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
thread of the month! LOL
The killer in me is the killer in you.- Disarm, Smashing Pumpkins

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
and i still remember Raimund joking at the expense of Ely.

Like he did a few days ago at a gig.  "I'm Ely *bleeping* Buendia."

Time are different now though.  Certain circumstances (other than the whopping amount) have made the reunion possible.
Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2008, 12:26:05 PM »
Kailangan pa ba talaga sumali sa Red List ng Marlboro?

Ang fussy naman ng pagsali e, kailangan pa magpadala ng valid ID online.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
sayang wala ako sa pinas for this.....
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »
Kailangan pa ba talaga sumali sa Red List ng Marlboro?

Ang fussy naman ng pagsali e, kailangan pa magpadala ng valid ID online.

maybe to filter out those who can, and those who can't...? hehe

Offline redentortagalog

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
45 minutes? ilang songs yun?

Ano gusto nyong set ng songs nila?

Opening song nila siguro yung Magasin,
pinakahuli yung Para sa Masa...  :mrgreen:

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
Sinong [avocado] ang tatanggi sa 10 million peysos?

Mahal na ata ang Bigas ngayon.

Tiyak madaming madami na akong pera!

Bibili ako ng mga nirvana t-shirt kayo na bahala sa kulay.

Teka kinakabahan ako baka

Ganito ang mangyayari dyan.

25 local bands like Cueshe,Sponge Cola,DeadNails (bwhahahahhaha).

Tapos last band ang ERASERHEADS..

Pero sino ring [avocado] ang palalampasin ang EVENT na ito.

Sila yata ang high school hero ko!

Magkano po ba ang ticket? pede po ba palit na lang ng NFA Rice?

Offline JaPoSkEE

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
Free Entrance? Patay tayo dyan..... Nagdadalawang-isip na tuloy ako pumunta. Fanboy ako ng Eheads noon pa. Pero parang delikado na yata ang sitwasyon. Malamang meron na namang mga taong manggugulo lang dun. Libre eh. Tingnan nyo na lang yung nakaraan na MYX mo almost 2 years ago. Sana naman walang mangyaring masama.

Hindi naman po sa ipinagkakait ko sa iba yung concert (wala din naman ako pera eh. hehe) pero pano kaya mali-limit yung taong pupunta sa venue eh sila ang Eraserheads?

Sana kung libre nga yung concert, sana talaga mahigpit yung security. Lam nyo naman, maraming mga loko-loko na pumupunta ng concert para manggulo at mambato ng kung anu-ano lang. Sana maging mapayapa yung concert at sama-sama natin lasapin ang sarap ng gabi. Hehe.  :-D

www.facebook.com/paranoidcity

SUPPORT INDIE BANDS!!

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
talaga? libre yung gig?!

eh pano naman yung mga ayaw masaktan? yung gusto lang manood at marinig sila ng live? pano na yung mga yun at kasama na ako dun...

baka makakita na naman ako ng mga may dalang banner jan...

tsaka bakit ko ibibigay o ipapakita ang ID ko online at hindi ko pa kilala kung sino makakakita? pano kung magkaron ng identity theft? pede ko ba silang pagbintangan?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »
patay tayo sa mga bulate!
(<-yung may mga dalang banner na walang ginawa kundi maghabulan after ng event..)
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »
I think they need to tighten up their performances so badly.  As it seems, we have no proof that they are doing serious rehearsals.  The last few E-heads performances I've seen were mediocre at best.  Raimund would do 'uncalled for' improv fills, Marcus would trip out on effects too much (hey why do you need sweeping phaser and tons of ping pong delay for "Torpedo'), and Ely was not singing from the heart already.  They weren't keen to live tone that much... It was only Buddy who seemed like a class act all along. It was very evident they weren't happy with each other in the late 90s and early 2000's.  I really miss their enthusiasm in performing in the Circus/Cutterpillow days. 

Anyway, if this pushes through, I would go with my wife because Huling El Bimbo has a special place in our hearts.  Not really our theme song, but more like a milieu song for us. 

ANG TANONG- One time big time lang ba ito?  Wala nang follow-up CD?  Studio work?

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
bet ko magkakaroon to ng CD at DVD ng live performance.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »
from GMAnews.tv
---------------------

Eraserheads to reunite for one night only in Aug

Article posted July 14, 2008 - 12:08 PM
After weeks of speculation, it was finally confirmed that the legendary OPM rock band the Eraserheads will reunite for a one-night concert to be held at the CCP Open Grounds on August 30, 2008.

The band, composed of Ely Buendia, Buddy Zabala, Marcus Adoro, and Raimund Marasigan, were highly responsible for the resurgence of Pinoy rock music in the '90s. Armed with catchy hooks, street-smart lyrics, and uncanny pop sensibilities, the Eraserheads rose to critical and commercial prominence and was dubbed as the country's own version of The Beatles—a tag the quartet simultaneously scoffed and cherished during their phenomenal reign.

Strained relationship among the band members unfortunately led the group to disband following frontman Ely Buendia's departure in 2002. Ely's resignation was relayed through his bandmates only through a text message citing the words, "It's graduation time."

LONG AND WINDING ROAD. Years after the band called it quits, the Eraserheads legacy grew exponentially with various tributes and accolades being accorded to the group through various art and pop culture media. At the same time, fans clamor for the band members to reunite grew steadily particularly after Ely survived a heart attack early last year.

Still, and despite all the noise created by old and new fans, the reality of a reunion was still remote. Even Buendia's near brush with mortality seem to do nothing to soften the singer-songwriter's firm resolve.

Some clues, however, seem to suggest that a reunion may finally happen earlier than expected. Last year, July 26, a special event dubbed as Eraser X was held at Saguijo Café in Makati featuring Raimund Marasigan and Buddy Zabala complemented by fellow musician friends playing an all Eraserheads set list.

A few months earlier, Raimund and Buddy together with former guitarist Marcus Adoro graced the book launching of Tikman ang Langit: An Anthology on the Eraserheads at Powerbooks in Greenbelt, Makati City. Ely opted to skip both events citing prior commitments as the culprit for his absences. Many, of course, believed that the enigmatic frontman was simply making an excuse so as not to offend the fans who were anxiously hoping for a reunion through any means possible.

Interestingly, Marcus, backed up by a band he wittingly named Markus Highway came out with an album under Warner Music Philippines. In an interview with PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) months before the launching of his new record, Marcus shared his desire to play or at least tour with his former bandmates' new bands. He also said that his relationship with the three ex-members was okay and amicable.

But still, the big difference remains to be Ely Buendia. As evasive as he is when it comes to answering nagging questions about his glorious past as the main creative force of the "most influential" OPM band of all time, many observers took note that Buendia's current band, Pupil, was incorporating Eraserheads songs quite more frequently this year as compared to last year. There was even this rumor saying that Ely conducted a "secret gig" somewhere where he did a straight-out all Eraserheads number. The rumor was neither conformed nor denied by Ely's camp.

FORMING THE PUZZLE. For some time, cyberspace was inundated with news of an Eraserheads reunion. Recently, a blog site gradually showed sketchy little clues until it finally led to an inverted capital "E" image with the script "83008" written under the image. The figures, as it turned out, means August 30, 2008—the official date of the Eraserheads reunion concert after six years of not playing music together.

According to the reports, the four were swayed to once again play together after a "big company" tendered a huge offer. "Each member is said to be receiving a rather large sum—with estimates ranging from P2.5 million to P10 million apiece—in order to pull together for a 45 minute set," wrote music insider Jim Ayson at PhilMusic.com.

During the launching of Pedicab's second record at the Cubao Expo on July 11, words were flying that the company sponsoring the historic event is a "telecommunications" company. However, it was later revealed that a tobacco company—"quite possibly Marlboro," wrote Jim—was the brain behind the concert.

NOT REUNITING FOR GOOD. In a telephone interview with someone from Ely's camp, a source did mention that huge money was indeed involved though she downplayed the amount given by some of PEP's initial sources.

According to our source, the band, Ely in particular, relented because of the undying clamor pressed by the fans and not largely because of the money.

"Maybe it's a good way to finally close the chapter," our source, who requested anonymity, shared.

"The call for a reunion concert has been going on for a long time ever since they [Eraserheads] disbanded. Somehow this is bound to happen; it's just a matter kung kailan and who's going to sponsor. This is for all the fans and to celebrate na din the E-heads legacy. It'll be exciting and we're hoping that everybody would have a great time during the concert. Mas maganda nga sana kung nandoon lahat ng involved sa history ng band like the former managers."

Our source though stressed that the band won't re-form and that the concert is strictly a one day affair. Asked about the band members current relationship, she said that it is still the same although, "We'll see as this thing go along. I'm not really sure about Ely's feelings at this point. But his relationship with the two [Buddy and Marcus] was okay naman even before the reunion talks."

Again, we excitedly asked the possibility of the band reuniting for good. Perhaps the concert may finally lead the members to iron out their differences for good after seeing the amount of love and adulation they still enjoy from fans and fellow artists.

Pausing a little, our source heaved a sigh before saying, "I don't know. Honestly, I don't think that hugs and kisses would be exchanged during and after the concert. But still, who knows... at this point everything is still pretty much up in the air." - Philippine Entertainment Portal
Ows? Di nga?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »
bet ko magkakaroon to ng CD at DVD ng live performance.

ANG TANONG- One time big time lang ba ito?  Wala nang follow-up CD?  Studio work?

hulaan ko kung ano susunod dito: isang live album at isang documentary

:-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »
nako open field sigurado kawawa na naman nito yung mga nasa likod na likod sana man lang sa araneta na lang inla ginawa or kahti anong closed venue na may upper seats

Offline snow09

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
manonood ako nyan!!!!
play the music, not the instrument

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
kung libre ito, di na ako pupunta  :x

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
na-quote pala si sir jim

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
parang dahil lang sa pera yung tugtugan... well...  :-D

Offline jonasm_16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »
tamang tama, sabado ang Aug.30, digmaan to. nyahahaha.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
sana mag tuloy tuloy na lang eheads at mag drums na lang si raimund wag na siya kakanta ulit  kahit kelan :-D hehe
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:56:53 PM by bugoy »

Offline blueplata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »
sana mag tuloy tuloy na lang eheads at mag drums na lang si raimund wag na siya kakanta ulit  kahit kelan :-D hehe

hahahaha! so agree, no offense sa mga raymund marasigan fans dyan. :-)
The killer in me is the killer in you.- Disarm, Smashing Pumpkins

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2008, 07:47:13 PM »
maybe it's just me ha... pero im not really diggin' the whole idea na they're just doing this for the money... sad lang kasi isipin.

i mean i know it's a no-brainer for them... thats an easy 10mil in their pockets, but still... it just cheapens the whole experience.

this is definitely not the reunion i was waiting for...

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »
^+1 kahit nakakalungkot isipin.

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »
so kung hindi sila babayaran ng limpak limpak na salapi, hindi sila magrereunion?

how sad... it's always about the money...

as much as i would like this reunion to happen, dapat dinonate nalang nung sponsors yung pera nila sa mga nasalanta ng bagyo. mas marami pang matutuwa.