hulika

Author Topic: Tube Amp DIY'ers Club-DIY Bassman soundclips p.25!  (Read 278868 times)

Offline johnravacio

Re: Tube Amp DIY'ers Club-DIY Bassman soundclips p.25!
« Reply #1225 on: September 17, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »
^nag-aaral ng law. baka umay na sa ohm's law, kaya constitution naman ang pinag-aaralan :lol:

hahahah baka diversion lang :). Stompboxes ka pa rin ba Musikerochan? tumigil na ako sa stompbox after 10 or more builds kasi tubes naman. I shelve all my ICs on an air tight containers na for later use but who knows when. Over two years I have collected lots of parts including MN3208s, CA3080s, and a lot of CoolAudio ICs V3205,V3208 I have ordered from Smallbearelec. I was planning to sell it but nanghihinayang ako baka babalik din ako sa stompboxes in the future. hahay....
good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement...

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1226 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:23 AM »
stompbox pa din. ngeexperiment ng new approach :lol: may pedals kasi na wala dito sa market natin kaya balak ko upuan.

thanks for bumping this thread. and reminding me once again how lazy i am :lol:

Offline johnravacio

« Reply #1227 on: September 18, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
Baka perfection ang kalaban mo? :). hehehhe the faster we fail the faster we perfect our craft.

Here's the last stompbox I've made last summer. After that, I moved on to full blown tube amps.

Hay matagal nga lng mag-antay ng parts sa Tube builds. I've ordered my tubes and Caps from Bulgaria. 4 weeks waiting time pa.
good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement...

Offline leoman53

« Reply #1228 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
new builds...
6L6GC guitar head...

6L6GC jukebox amplifier...

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1229 on: October 29, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »
Meron ba dito nung 70v line transformer?

ano tawag nila dun sa raon?
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline leoman53

« Reply #1230 on: October 29, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

matching transformer....

you don't just walk into a store and ask for a 70 volt transformer...
it must be designed as a part of a whole system,
with defined number of speakers or satellites...
and power involved, it can even be a 100v or 200 volt system if you like...
the higher the voltage, the more number of speakers are involved,
and the farther the spacingas are in the system...

Offline deliciouspapa

« Reply #1231 on: November 01, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »

+1 on leoman53's reply.  planning on building a firefly?

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1232 on: November 01, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
matching transformer....

you don't just walk into a store and ask for a 70 volt transformer...
it must be designed as a part of a whole system,
with defined number of speakers or satellites...
and power involved, it can even be a 100v or 200 volt system if you like...
the higher the voltage, the more number of speakers are involved,
and the farther the spacingas are in the system...
Ok sir, will look into it nalang. Thanks!

+1 on leoman53's reply.  planning on building a firefly?
Yup!
Pero minus the boost channel hehe
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1233 on: November 02, 2013, 02:46:10 PM »
Mga sir baka meron kayong spare na 6gw8 dyan hehe

may nabili akong ace tone na amp EL84 naka lagay pero dapat 6gw8

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:11:40 PM by renz13 »

Offline deliciouspapa

« Reply #1234 on: July 15, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »
Buhayin natin itong thread na ito!

The AX84 Daisycutter project modded to use a 12AU7 as the output tube, inspired by the new Marshall 1-watt amps. (2) NEC 12AX7 and an ex-Hammond 12AU7.  Transfomers by leoman53.

AX84 Daisycutter schematic

Marshall JTM-1 schematic

No other mods done besides rewiring one of the sockets to accommodate the 12AU7 and disabling the other  and reducing the B+ voltage.  The 18w config red plates the 12AU7;  the first power resistor (100R on mine, 1k/5W on the schematic) was changed to 5K/5W.

Somewhat clean clip, minimum gain, max master (mid+neck)

Me going full hodor, max gain, max master (bridge)

Both recorded straight, no post processing. 
- Ibanez 540s with an SD Distortion humbucker on the bridge
- cab with a Jensen MOD 12"
- Samson CO3 mic, about a 1/2m away from speaker edge
- Alesis io2 express
- Audacity

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:51:19 PM by deliciouspapa »

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1235 on: July 15, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
anak ng siopao, thanks for reminding me that i have a pending project :lol:

^btw, nice project! what do you use for drilling 2cm holes? do you ream them out, o use tapering cylinder files?

Offline deliciouspapa

« Reply #1236 on: July 15, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
TCT-brand hole saws from Handyman.  21mm for nonals, 25mm for octals   These:

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1237 on: July 15, 2014, 04:01:32 PM »
aw sweet! the last time i tried building a chassis out of aluminum i had to use files. needed precision, and tiring.

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1238 on: July 15, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
may nagcoconvert ng SS 100Watts to 100W tube amp? sino kaya? pa PM naman kung magkano aabutin mga comrades.. please..  :cute:

possible?

kanino kaya pwede? :)

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline deliciouspapa

« Reply #1239 on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
may nagcoconvert ng SS 100Watts to 100W tube amp? sino kaya? pa PM naman kung magkano aabutin mga comrades.. please..  :cute:

possible?

kanino kaya pwede? :)

All-tube?  If you're shooting for a fender twin reverb, transformers pa lang 200+ USD na kaaagad wala pang shipping.  Edrel Sison makes great transformers, pero di ko alam kung magkano yung 100W transformers and chokes niya.  tubes (power and preamp) 6k PHP.  Chassis, 2k yung hammond aluminum sa rs online.  Miscellaneous parts, mag-tabi ka ng 5k-7k (mahal din yung mga tube sockets, good pots and eyelets).  Labor, mahal.

kung gusto mo makatipid: bili ka ng maliit na tube amp. the 18/20watt goldea and laney is decent for their price.  Malalaman mo na yung lang pala yung kailangan mo dahil iba ang tube watts sa solid state watts.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1240 on: July 17, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
Hello everyone!  :)

I have very little knowledge of practical and real world electronics that I am hoping you would be able to help. I just want to know if it be alright to cut off unused, extra jacks from an 8-jack DC daisy chain. If yes, would it introduce noise and most importantly, would the mod make it a fire/safety hazard?

TIA!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1241 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »
Hello everyone!  :)

I have very little knowledge of practical and real world electronics that I am hoping you would be able to help. I just want to know if it be alright to cut off unused, extra jacks from an 8-jack DC daisy chain. If yes, would it introduce noise and most importantly, would the mod make it a fire/safety hazard?

TIA!

Jojo, ilan puputulin mo?

May 5-output chain ako from Godlyke.. palit nalang tayo kung lima lang kelangan mo..  :-)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1242 on: July 17, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
Jojo, ilan puputulin mo?

May 5-output chain ako from Godlyke.. palit nalang tayo kung lima lang kelangan mo..  :-)

I have an 8-jack thingee but only need 2 actually to squeeze in your ped on my board.  :-D

Thinking of cutting off 5 extra jacks so that meron 1 extra kung kakailangin.

You could have my VS 8 output DC cable if you have use for it and if cutting your 5 is possible and won't cause noise and hazard.  :razz:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1243 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
I have an 8-jack thingee but only need 2 actually to squeeze in your ped on my board.  :-D

Thinking of cutting off 5 extra jacks so that meron 1 extra kung kakailangin.

You could have my VS 8 output DC cable if you have use for it and if cutting your 5 is possible and won't cause noise and hazard.
  :razz:

Haha! Alright, thank you. Let's see and wait for answers.

I believe that it's possible since DC chains are wired in parallel. You can cut off the last few outputs you don't need. Just make sure to insulate the "cut" portions properly.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1244 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:33 PM »
Haha! Alright, thank you. Let's see and wait for answers.

I believe that it's possible since DC chains are wired in parallel. You can cut off the last few outputs you don't need. Just make sure to insulate the "cut" portions properly.

Jan ako nalilito. Some netizens say put the wires together, others say to insulate them from each other. Was thinking kung together, mag sho short lang at ma fry PSU or an effect.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1245 on: July 17, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
Jan ako nalilito. Some netizens say put the wires together, others say to insulate them from each other. Was thinking kung together, mag sho short lang at ma fry PSU or an effect.

Parallel wired kasi yung mga DC plugs, if I'm correct. Meaning, yung center nun is naka connect sa (-) polarity, yung shield ay naka connect sa (+) polarity. At dahil parallel wired, bawat plug ganun ang naka connect. Hindi nagkakadikit yung dalawang polarity.

Pag pinutol natin yung wire, we get a loose (-) and (+) na wire. Pag pinagdikit natin, magshoshort kasi pinagsama yung positive at negative.  :wave:

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:49 PM »
Parallel wired kasi yung mga DC plugs, if I'm correct. Meaning, yung center nun is naka connect sa (-) polarity, yung shield ay naka connect sa (+) polarity. At dahil parallel wired, bawat plug ganun ang naka connect. Hindi nagkakadikit yung dalawang polarity.

Pag pinutol natin yung wire, we get a loose (-) and (+) na wire. Pag pinagdikit natin, magshoshort kasi pinagsama yung positive at negative.  :wave:

My thoughts exactly. Kaya kahit friendly si Mr. Google, I'd rather rely on people in the know.   :-D

Plano tayo if you need the 8-output jack. Kahit may ibang opinion, ok lang with me to cut a shorter one, at least magagamit yung 8.  :)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Kaya kahit friendly si Mr. Google, I'd rather rely on people in the know.   :-D

Plano tayo if you need the 8-output jack. Kahit may ibang opinion, ok lang with me to cut a shorter one, at least magagamit yung 8.  :)

Sure, sure.. :) mayroon kasi akong dalawang 5-output. Dati iniisip ko 5 lang para mapilitan akong i-limit ang pedals. Haha. Pero in time, dumami rin. Di ako bumili ng 11-output (godlyke) kasi sobrang dami. Kaya 5 nalang ulit binili ko. Eh ngayon, parang mas convenient yung may straight na 8 nalang. Anyway, kung ano man, let me know. :)

Offline johnravacio

« Reply #1248 on: July 27, 2014, 11:09:44 PM »
Up natin 'tong Thread na 'to with my freshly made Soldano SLO 50 Watt Head finished about 2 weeks ago. )

Full Story of the build can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/13868671@N06/

Footswitch Circuit uses Relays instead of Vactrol Optocouplers

Faceplate custom made by Jaycee Designs Megamall

Camo Painted Head Cabinet

Beautiful Glow of EL34s

Offline deliciouspapa

« Reply #1249 on: July 28, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »
saw this at elab.ph, NICE!  good job.  i envy it truly, i do not have the luxury of time to complete such a project, neither do i have space.  i have a similar 50W project lined up, but it's using 6L6 tubes.  or maybe have it bias-switchable to EL34.  and add a marshall-type preamp along with the fender clean i planned initially.  such options! 

it's sad that though i have the money to buy parts, i don't have the time!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:47:00 AM by deliciouspapa »