hulika

Author Topic: HOW TO BE "EMO"  (Read 3563 times)

Offline xandrix120780

HOW TO BE "EMO"
« on: January 07, 2006, 06:06:51 PM »
ALL YA  EMO- WANNA-BE'S, CHECK THIS OUT:

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO ON HOW TO BE EMO:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/emo.html
napununampop

Offline year2apocalypse

HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 02:09:43 PM »
i didn't click but don't tell me... is that site making fun of emo? ummm, if so, then i'm really sad you posted this 'cause i've noticed that stupid filipinos actually follow those videos/images/whatever online which, sarcastically and mockingly, tell you "how to be emo". it's scary how gullible filipinos are. :?

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:39:41 AM »

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 03:03:58 PM »
i can't see the video. i can just hear the sounds and i can tell you that it is utterly stupid. "HOW TO BE EMO" [strawberry] off. there's no way you can be emo because emo is a type of music. anyways, i wish it wasnt making fun of emo otherwise i'll be terribly offended.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »
Quote from: emo_bastard
i can't see the video. i can just hear the sounds and i can tell you that it is utterly stupid. "HOW TO BE EMO" **** off. there's no way you can be emo because emo is a type of music. anyways, i wish it wasnt making fun of emo otherwise i'll be terribly offended.

wow, you don't know much, do you? you can be emo... you can also be goth, you can also be punk, you can also be hardcore, etc. emo's not just a type of music. it's become a sub-culture (is that the right word to use here?) like all those other genres i've mentioned. :roll:

and by the way, nearly everything about emo that's posted here on philmusic is making fun of it because emo has become a joke. it's the nu-metal of today. :?

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
Quote from: hello_apocalypse
i can't see the video. i can just hear the sounds and i can tell you that it is utterly stupid. "HOW TO BE EMO" **** off. there's no way you can be emo because emo is a type of music. anyways, i wish it wasnt making fun of emo otherwise i'll be terribly offended.

wow, you don't know much, do you? you can be emo... you can also be goth, you can also be punk, you can also be hardcore, etc. emo's not just a type of music. it's become a sub-culture (is that the right word to use here?) like all those other genres i've mentioned. :roll:

and by the way, nearly everything about emo that's posted here on philmusic is making fun of it because emo has become a joke. it's the nu-metal of today. :?

*sigh* it is. for [strawberry] sake why do i have to repeat it to tons of errrrrr.... the question is, do you really know what emo is?

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »

*sigh* it is. for **** sake why do i have to repeat it to tons of errrrrr.... the question is, do you really know what emo is?

what? so you agree with me that emo -- like goth, punk, and hardcore -- is a sub-culture? THEN HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EMO? god, common sense, man. use it. :roll:

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 07:10:11 PM »
you're the one who should use yours(if ever u have). pfffft. i wont argue with a person who knows absolutely nothing about the subject. you dont know what is emo so... POINTLESS

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 08:15:32 PM »
you're the one who should use yours(if ever u have). pfffft. i wont argue with a person who knows absolutely nothing about the subject. you dont know what is emo so... POINTLESS

really now? well, correct me if i'm wrong then instead of acting like such an internet tough guy! i'm not a fan of emo but it looks as though i know more than you. you're all talk... but what you're saying isn't making any sense! :?

if you actually explained your opinion you'd make a lot more sense... instead, you insist on huffing and puffing and acting like you're the [gooey brown stuff]. :roll:

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 10:10:36 PM »
People are treating emo and emo kids as a joke. Save bandwith/your saliva and leave them to their own. Though I think most of the emo kids these days are mere poseurs going with the fad.

For the record, I listen/sing/play music you guys can classify as emo but I sure as hell don't act like one(At least most of the time).

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 10:08:33 AM »

really now? well, correct me if i'm wrong then instead of acting like such an internet tough guy! i'm not a fan of emo but it looks as though i know more than you. you're all talk... but what you're saying isn't making any sense! :?

if you actually explained your opinion you'd make a lot more sense... instead, you insist on huffing and puffing and acting like you're the [gooey brown stuff]. :roll:

if im into progressive would i call myself "progressive"? geeezz... im into emo songs but i dont whine about my life or some [gooey brown stuff] and i insist that EMO is not a person/attitude or whatever. it is music.

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »
Quote from: riffscreamer
People are treating emo and emo kids as a joke. Save bandwith/your saliva and leave them to their own. Though I think most of the emo kids these days are mere poseurs going with the fad.

For the record, I listen/sing/play music you guys can classify as emo but I sure as hell don't act like one(At least most of the time).

*sigh* i agree man :(

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 11:46:56 AM »
if im into progressive would i call myself "progressive"? geeezz... im into emo songs but i dont whine about my life or some [gooey brown stuff] and i insist that EMO is not a person/attitude or whatever. it is music.

see, you're not using common sense! is there a progressive sub-culture? no. is there a gothic sub-culture? yes, so you can be gothic. is there a punk sub-culture? yes, so you can be punk. is there an emo sub-culture? yes, so you can be emo. but whatever, keep thinking that emo's just a music genre. :roll:

out of curiousity, where do you live? 'cause you do know that there are thousands (maybe millions) of people in the world that proudly call themselves emo and they do know what they're talking about, yeah? or do they know absolutely nothing about the subject like me?

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:14:25 PM »

out of curiousity, where do you live? 'cause you do know that there are thousands (maybe millions) of people in the world that proudly call themselves emo and they do know what they're talking about, yeah? or do they know absolutely nothing about the subject like me?

i'll give this up and somehow see your point bro but i still stand for what i believe that what most people think of emo is [gooey brown stuff]. there's no real EMO nowadays anyway. and when i said emo i am pertaining to the music. the thought of wrist-cutting-kids, ex-girlfriend-hangups saddens me to be tied up in emo. my main point is, no one is really EMO. that's it. i maybe very stupid in expressing my thoughts but that's the way i see it. oh and by the way, its not the amount of what you know in labelling/culture/attitude the important thing is you know what you coined and was able to stand for it.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 02:16:33 PM »

Offline nekoxchaos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »
have a sense of humour guys all subcultures get made fun off but Emo's just like the previous generation made of Goths or Hip Hop and the previous generation lampooned Punks and disco etc... its a neverending cycle so dont get too offended .... or maybe some of you emos are just too sensitive

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 09:35:08 AM »
have you guys seen this?

WATCH ME

WATCH ME[/url]

Offline A!r-On214

• Board Moderator
HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 05:03:18 AM »
there's an 'introduction video' for this??? ...HAHA!!! :lol:  8)  :lol:  8)

Offline nevermindemily

HOW TO BE "EMO"
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 01:33:06 PM »

yup. labelling people is very sad because it won't get you anywhere.
still insane...