hulika

Author Topic: Fusion/Smooth Jazz w/ WORKING STIFF at Greenbelt 3, Aug. 2 & Aug. 9  (Read 682 times)

Offline working stiff

WORKING STIFF at Greenbelt 3, Saturday Aug. 2 and Saturday Aug. 9
Starts 8 p.m. at the open area near Seattle’s Best, Café Havana, and Starbucks.
An hour and a half of fusion and smooth jazz. Sponsored by 105.1 FM Crossover.

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Fusion/Smooth Jazz w/ WORKING STIFF at Greenbelt 3, Aug. 2 & Aug. 9
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »
First of the two gigs just finished.  It was a 100% success.  We thought it wouldn't push through, after all the rains just wouldn't stop pouring since two days ago and we were supposed to play in the open area fronting Greenbelt 2.  The venue was awesome - what with full sized tents for the stage, the sound crew, the lighting people, and of course, the audience.  There were seats available for everyone who cared to watch.  The sound system was incredible, and I'm sure they Crossover did not spare any expense in getting Concertech to do the reinforcement.

Do watch us next Saturday for the second special performance.  It's free!  As soon as we started playing at around 8pm, the people just came forward in droves and they were all so alive and appreciative.  We almost didn't want to stop playing but again, the rain started to get stronger and water was already starting to creep across the stage.  Oops, time to end the show with our favorite, Deodato's Skyscrapers.  But the crowd wouldn't want to let us go so we did an encore of Hill Where The Lord Hides by Chuck Mangione. 

Best thing I heard last night was the comment of one of the show's producers - "Hmmm...very Greenbelt, very Crossover..."  I'm sure glad we didn't let them down.

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Fusion/Smooth Jazz w/ WORKING STIFF at Greenbelt 3, Aug. 2 & Aug. 9
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
Catch us TOMORROW!  Second night at Greenbelt 2.  8pm sharp.