hulika

Author Topic: Teddy Diaz...20 yrs after his death...the man is still worth remembering  (Read 16746 times)

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
Re: Teddy Diaz...20 yrs after his death...the man is still worth remembering
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
Nope... But they played a lot of old songs such as "Susi" and "Behind Shadows". I've been bugging/begging Junboy to play "Wish You Were Here" since last year. I consider it an underrated classic. :mrgreen:

pakibeg mo na din yung "Hey, Isabel", underrated classic too and i never seen them play this song live, or did they play it on the last 20th yr tribute?..

Offline Carlo Romero

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 12:39:44 AM »
pakibeg mo na din yung "Hey, Isabel", underrated classic too and i never seen them play this song live, or did they play it on the last 20th yr tribute?..

They didn't play "Hey, Isabel" during the 20th tribute. Will let Junboy know about the clamor. :-D

Offline mellowscream

one of the best guitarists in our country

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
one of the best guitarists in our country

a fan indeed......
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kiko left the band... bago na gitarista ng the Dawn. si kenneth ( dating True Faith ), si buddy alaws na rin yata... check out the thread sa GC for updates.

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kiko left the band... bago na gitarista ng the Dawn. si kenneth ( dating True Faith ), si buddy alaws na rin yata... check out the thread sa GC for updates.

Buddy is still the band's bassist..

feel sorry for Kiko....

Kenneth....can he deliver? He's got missing formulas upon his shoulders..
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline Carlo Romero

Buddy is still with The Dawn. Sub lang minsan si Ricci kapag bakasyon o may sakit si Buddy.

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
..dunno if u guys would agree on me on this, have been thinking of this for the past two weeks, sounds funny though disturbing din...does "Love Will Set Us Free" have somekind of a "guitarist jinx" with the band :? ...in 1988 when they were promoting the original version of the song, Teddy was murdered...in 1990 when they were promoting the "live" hollows eve version, Sushi left the band...then now 2009 while promoting the jazz version of the song, Francis left...is it just coincidence?..dont laugh at me ok.. :wink:

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
...in my point own of view ..and in due respect for Teddy and in the situation of Francis abruptly leaving The Dawn, theres one thing to consider - a guitarist that will contribute and continue the legacy of The Dawn...theres nothing wrong in picking Kenneth, i think he's the best choice the band would like to consider and share music with, to the fact that Kenneth could easily adjust coz they belong to the same genra (The Dawn and Violent Playground are both XB102 standouts), najjudge kasi si Kenneth because he came off True Faith, most are unaware that he's the guitarist of the legendary band Violent Playground..in due time Kenneth will be proving himself like what Francis did

...though personally..in my dreams...after Francis...Resty Cornejo will resurface and be the guitarist of the Dawn...

Offline Carlo Romero

Uy astig din yun si Resty Cornejo... :-)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
...in my point own of view ..and in due respect for Teddy and in the situation of Francis abruptly leaving The Dawn, theres one thing to consider - a guitarist that will contribute and continue the legacy of The Dawn...theres nothing wrong in picking Kenneth, i think he's the best choice the band would like to consider and share music with, to the fact that Kenneth could easily adjust coz they belong to the same genra (The Dawn and Violent Playground are both XB102 standouts), najjudge kasi si Kenneth because he came off True Faith, most are unaware that he's the guitarist of the legendary band Violent Playground..in due time Kenneth will be proving himself like what Francis did

...though personally..in my dreams...after Francis...Resty Cornejo will resurface and be the guitarist of the Dawn...

ive had the honor of working with Kenneth and  Buddy lately.  Kenneth  is a very talented and able guitarist.  his humility and openness struck me as singular.  and on the side, he also looked good :)  i dunno if that is an advantage or a disadvantage for him at this point in his career.   
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
I remember Violent Playground way back St. Rita days, Raton was on guitar.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
bakit si noel mendez di kinuha ng the dawn as a permanent guitarist of the band bakit naging temporary guitarist sya. alala ko sya sa score magazine naka mask ala zorro isa sa mga dating concert
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline Carlo Romero

bakit si noel mendez di kinuha ng the dawn as a permanent guitarist of the band bakit naging temporary guitarist sya. alala ko sya sa score magazine naka mask ala zorro isa sa mga dating concert

According to JB Leonor, Noel Mendez was way advanced in terms of skills for the band at that time.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
And Noel had HAYP.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline clubdredd

FYI, The Dawn's Listers are organizing a show at Dredd on Aug 20 in tribute to Teddy. It's his 20th death anniversary the next day.

I hope you guys can make it!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:54:48 PM by clubdredd »

Offline Carlo Romero

Remembering Teddy....

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »
..."will You walk with me, help me find my dream...will You write this song, save this soul and let this heart to help us"....

...we truly miss you Teddy..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:31:43 PM by syndrome »

Offline Carlo Romero

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »
..."will You walk with me, help me find my dream...will You write this song, save this soul and let this heart to help us"....

...we truly miss you Teddy..

Sing Me A New Song! :-D

Offline Carlo Romero

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
Hi syndrome,

Last line should be "save this soul and lift this heart to heaven".

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »
Hi syndrome,

Last line should be "save this soul and lift this heart to heaven".

i stand corrected... :-P

Offline Carlo Romero

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »
Teddy Diaz Night at Ardi's Bar 9:00 PM August 21, 2010

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2010, 03:43:06 AM »
Someone managed to upload a telecast of The Dawn's performance on Concert At The Park.  I do remember seeing this on PTV4 back in the day.

Check out Teddy's guitar and sheer command of the instrument on I Stand With You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhnHR4NqlHA

You'll be remembered!

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 01:12:41 AM »
....to any ordinary man on the street he was a nobody, but to the music world he belong he was a great loss...

....Teddy loved God...loved life..and he expressed his love through music ..."hoping it would be easier to sing out my enveloped ideas"

..long live..long hair Teddy

nice pics!

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:12 PM »
One of OPMs Iconic and legendary guitar player
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein