hulika

Author Topic: Come help out an ailing Guitar Slinger  (Read 29273 times)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Come help out an ailing Guitar Slinger
« on: August 30, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »
Come help out an ailing Deltaslim - he needs your assistance and prayers:

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,106634.0.html

Content below:

Folks, just a few days ago, we learned that Joric M., well known to forumites here as Deltaslim -– blues slide player extraordinaire -- will soon have to undergo a life-threatening operation to replace a faulty prosthetic aortic valve. It is a procedure fraught with danger. We ask you to pray for the success of the procedure, for the comfort of his family, and above all, for the long life of Deltaslim.

Many of you have benefited from the helpful advise he has given on this forum, but more importantly you are also aware of the help he has personally extended other musicians in their own hours of dire need -– staging benefit gigs and giving of his time and talent to support worthy causes.  He has been a fine ambassador of The Blues in this country and a generous soul.

On Saturday 6 September, a Benefit for this Blues Brother will be staged at The Hobbit House in Ermita / Malate by his friends and fellow jammers to honor his efforts, and to help defray the costs of the procedure in some small way.

Snakecharmer, The Blue Rats, and Mr. Crayon will serve as the house bands for the evening, each playing a 90-minute set starting at 9:00pm, in which Joric’s fellow jammers and other friends are welcome to sit in with the bands. Rebolusyon Records will coordinate the event, and Hobbit House has agreed to allow the very reasonable P200 event entrance fee to be given entirely to Joric’s family to help with the operation. Additional help over and above the entrance fee will be welcome and I urge you all to come and help pack the house in appreciation of this Blues Brother, and simply to enjoy the great music you’ll all hear that evening served up on a sizzling platter.

Jammers, bring your instruments (but no amps and other very large, complicated objects please) and check in with the Rebolusyon guys who will be circulating in the house. For clarity and obvious reasons, no freebies at this gig please – except for the 3 house bands and the Rebolusyon staff, the entrance fee is paid by everyone at the door, jammers, groupies, and assorted folk.

The Hobbit House is on MH del Pilar St., corner Arquiza in Ermita, one block away from the Ermita Church. Telephone number there is 521-7604 and 484-4435. First set starts at 9:00pm, but get there early as it promises to be packed just like the previous two Bluesfests earlier in the year.

Let’s do it for Delta, in the hope that all goes well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 12:18:43 PM by blue buddha »

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Come help out an ailing Guitar Slinger
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »
:-) <- smiley if you think this needs a sticky (til the day of the event)

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
 :-)

Offline embot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »
I'll pray for a speedy recovery for Joric.  I'm sorry I wont be able to attend the concert/jam but send me a PM if I can assist in any way.

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »

Get well soon mr. delta slim.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »

My prayers Joric. I got the sms from Vegetablejoe already.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »
I can only offer my prayers and wishes to a succesful operation.

May God bless you my friend.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

yes sticky please.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »

Sticky this!
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline sd8450

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
Sticky!
Vintage and Not-So Vintage Amps
http://vintageguitaramps.blogspot.com/

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
Delta, God bless. 

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 02:44:36 AM »
dinelete yung post ko. Curious....  :?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 05:33:49 AM »
hindi orangeogre...nagkakaproblema ang site, may bugs.

may ilang post din ako na nawawala. :-D

here's my smiley for joric :-) get well soon buddy.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »
God Bless

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
im in. see you guys there.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:43 AM »
 :-)  i hope to see you all there... I hope to see Joric there as well, if he will be feeling well on that night!

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
 :-) Bro Joric, hope to see you up and running asap. Get well.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
count me in. see  you guys there.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
Good luck Joric.  Prayers on the way...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »
Thanks sa support and especially sa prayers, guys -- that's the most important thing right now.

Contrary to what some people might think, I'm not bed-ridden or having difficulty doing normal activities right now. In fact, yesterday I took my kids to their school's Linggo ng Wika activities and later watched half-a-concert and had dinner with my wife and close family friends ;-). I will also continue to go to work this week, before checking myself in at the hospital Monday after next.

Although, I have started exhibiting the symptoms (can't do strenuous activities, etc.), it's just that I want to face this challenge head-on since it's inevitable anyway that I will need my aortic valve replaced.  Gusto ko na unahan habang may lakas pa ako at bago ako traydorin with a catasthropic failure. Either way, this condition and the operation is life-threatening. I can say that without melodrama because I've faced this situation and death in the face before.

Special thanks to my blues bruddahs who have taken the initiative to mobilize support through benefit gigs, etc.  Nakakataba ng puso cuz I really feel that I am loved by real, good friends.  And then there's blues powah!  I'll see if I can make it to the benefit gigs prior to the operation; it might be a good idea to soak up the moral support before I plunge into the operation.  But my priority is spending quality time with my family. Only Lord knows what will happen in 2 wks time.  I know you guys understand. 

God bless us all!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:20:02 PM by deltaslim »

Offline ianz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
Godbless bai.
"im your hoochie coochie dodong!!!"

--D.D.S  Represent--

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »
prayers are w/ you... hwag masyadong tumaba puso mo, masama din yun :-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
That's just good karma going around. Please tell hobbit to station a donation box and some envelopes. I'm sure there will be people who will feel that the 200 entrance is nowhere enough to the help they want to extend. Let' not limit God's graces.

Thanks sa support and especially sa prayers, guys -- that's the most important thing right now.

Contrary to what some people might think, I'm not bed-ridden or having difficulty doing normal activities right now. In fact, yesterday I took my kids to their school's Linggo ng Wika activities and later watched half-a-concert and had dinner with my wife and close family friends ;-). I will also continue to go to work this week, before checking myself in at the hospital Monday after next.

Although, I have started exhibiting the symptoms (can't do strenuous activities, etc.), it's just that I want to face this challenge head-on since it's inevitable anyway that I will need my aortic valve replaced.  Gusto ko na unahan habang may lakas pa ako at bago ako traydorin with a catasthropic failure. Either way, this condition and the operation is life-threatening. I can say that without melodrama because I've faced this situation and death in the face before.

Special thanks to my blues bruddahs who have taken the initiative to mobilize support through benefit gigs, etc.  Nakakataba ng puso cuz I really feel that I am loved by real, good friends.  And then there's blues powah!  I'll see if I can make it to the benefit gigs prior to the operation but right now I'm really focused on spending quality time with my family. Only Lord knows what will happen in 2 wks time.  I know you guys understand.

God bless us all!
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »
Not to worry, thought of that already and took care of that last night with the guys at Hobbit -- they have a huge "hat" that will be going around for anyone who'd care to help in a more substantial way. We set the entry fee at a very reasonable level so anyone can come and we'd love to see as many of you there as possible.  8-)