hulika

Author Topic: The guitar that disappointed you the most.  (Read 7136 times)

Offline 30secondstoluigi

• Netizen Level
The guitar that disappointed you the most.
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
Hey guys, what guitar disappointed you the most? The guitar that you really hate and why do you hate it?

Please post some pictures. :)
Contact Details:
Mobile: 0927-490-4862
Yahoo! Messenger: aerotuazi_15

Offline Kclan

Re: The guitar that disappointed you the most.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
All guitars above $300, and you already know why.

:mrgreen:

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:14:07 PM »
Got disappointed by an Epi G-400 SG. Hay, tagal ko nang GAS pagka-subok ng ilang units... Di pala bagay sa akin yung neck profile. Oh well...

Why???
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Opay21

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »

korek!! guitars that are out of reach for people with financial problems.!! :-P
"Are you saying that now, things are going to be beautiful?"

"I'm saying things will be what they are"

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »
Sa guitars, yung Dean Evo Dragster. Like voidman, matagal kong GAS but nung tinest ko, di ko gusto yung tunog. Siguro dahil lang sa hitsura nya kaya nagustuhan ko.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:54:47 PM »
Yung Washburn N2 ko nung 1990s. Tagal kong inasam-asam yun nung college. Tapos may nakita ako sa Buy and Sell na mura. Nung nasa akin na, top heavy pala, tapos ayaw mag-intonate yung high E string. Tapos ang faulty nung pull-push pot. Disappointing talaga.

Offline rennaov

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 12:39:04 AM »
my yamaha rgx w/ floating bridge.  i regret the day i floyded the bridge.  pain in the ass to intonate and change strings.  tone affected.  wouldn't trust to perform w/ it on a gig.  :-P.  it awfully sits at the corner. changing strings' more trouble than worth when you just wanna play.
I see traces, fragments of God shared in the form of human talent...

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »
washburn N2! (early year 2000)

- exaggerated pagyuko/warp ng neck
- pain in the a$$ floyd (direct mounted into the body!)

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 06:48:24 AM »
yung first electric guitar ko. an 87 epi strat copy. i was fine (heck i was in love with the thing for years) with it when i was starting out. tas i saved up enough money for an rg550 (which i first got hold of as a loaner). i then realized my "first" wasn't really what i thought she was (the best) and that she wasn't going to be my last. :lol:

at the other end of the spectrum: an anderson drop top T. i'd read about them in magazines, seen them on the internet, ooh'ed and aah'ad the perfectly sculpted top, gawked at the price tag and worshipped the people in whose hands i've seen them in but when i got my hands on one and played it a few times, i realized that the 2 sub-$700 teles i had weren't so bad.

then again, almost every $2500+ guitar i've sampled has been a disappointment. maybe i was expecting too much of them. or maybe i've been playing my own guitars for so long that its hard for me to pick up anything new and be instantly enthralled by it.

but thats just it isnt it? for $2500, it better knock my socks off and make me breakfast in the morning.

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:29:21 AM »
parang gusto kong magkaroon ng conklin 8 string guitar yung gamit ni rusty cooley kaya sobrang mahal ng mga gitara ng conklin  :-( at isa pang problema dun sa 8 string yung string wala yatang mabibilhan ng string na no. 8 dito hehehe...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:32:31 AM »
jem555..... SUPER SUCK.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »
parang gusto kong magkaroon ng conklin 8 string guitar yung gamit ni rusty cooley kaya sobrang mahal ng mga gitara ng conklin  :-( at isa pang problema dun sa 8 string yung string wala yatang mabibilhan ng string na no. 8 dito hehehe...
pwede mo kunin yung string guage ng low string sa 8 string sets sa 'net then bili ka ng tingi tingi na bass guitar strings and 7 string sets.

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
pwede rin hehehe....pero 6 and 7 muna ako concentrate bago pa lang kasi ako sa 7 string tsaka yung 8 string parang di bagay sa'kin..

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
then again, almost every $2500+ guitar i've sampled has been a disappointment. maybe i was expecting too much of them. or maybe i've been playing my own guitars for so long that its hard for me to pick up anything new and be instantly enthralled by it.

but thats just it isnt it? for $2500, it better knock my socks off and make me breakfast in the morning.

Well, there's definitely a more pronounced difference between a $200 and a $700 guitar. After that, the goodies tend to come in trickles, if not altogether a mere perception thing egged on by a shinier badge on the headstock. That's why I was pleasantly surprised by an excellent-sounding MII Ibanez JetKing at 14K pesos.

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »
hmm...i got super disappointed by an RG321. tunog/pakiramdam plastic. :lol:

dati 3 RG type guitars ko: MIC GRG150, MIJ RG170, at yung MII RG321. ngayon 2 na lang.  :-D
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
Honestly, I got disappointed with a drop-dead gorgeous PRS Custom 22.  Mas maganda pa tunog ng ibang PRS SE na nasubukan ko. 

Gibson Les Paul Standard in early 2001. 

Mid 90s to early 2000's Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Fender Strat Plus.  (And the Lace Sensors really were popular then.)

Offline ekaj_rivera

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »
Yung Finnder na Stratopakaster homemade guitar na ginawa ko nung 10yrs old

palang ako, Gamit ShoeBox and 6  na Goma. I was Disappoited di ko

nagustuhan yung quality ng sound, di ko matono. I used it sa mga karoling

namin, masyado mahina yung sound and di kumakapit yung tunog sa mga

ngtatambourine na ka-bandmates ko.

And yung Finnder televikaster, another homemade guitar na gawa ko rin nung

11 yrs old na ko. Yung body nya dating body ng TV namin na dipihit. This time

naaadjust na yung volume nya, gamit yung volume knob ng TV. Bale built-in

amp na sya, gamit ko rin sa kaloring namin ng bandmates ko. Bale 2-string

guitar lang sya, isang High-E and Isang High-E rin. Nadisappoint ako nung

masyado ako nabigatan, pag may GIG kami ng mga ka-bandmates ko, which is

karoling,  hirap ako 2mg2g, para ako may barbel. dalawa straps nya parang

backpack pero nasa harap.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 02:35:21 PM »
hmm...i got super disappointed by an RG321. tunog/pakiramdam plastic. :lol:

dati 3 RG type guitars ko: MIC GRG150, MIJ RG170, at yung MII RG321. ngayon 2 na lang.  :-D
RG321 -- mahogany & not your typical basswood ibanez, so medyo nakakapanibago nga ang tunog. I upgraded mine to dimarzio pups, and it sounded a lot better.

You can check my soundclips for tone reference of the dimarzio-loaded RG321.

;)

Offline nathanfadera

• Netizen Level
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »
Yung Gibson Les Paul Joe Perry signature series.  Since bata ako sobrang pangarap ko siya.  Pero di ako maka bili kasi P140,000 siya.  Nung naka gamit na ko sa Yupangco na disappoint ako...  Mas maganda pa yung Les Paul standard...  Parang bitin lang yung Joe Perry tapos parang ang panget ng feel....  Pero di naman siya panget.  I guess hindi ko lang na gustohan.  Or baka naka chamba lang ako ng hindi ganun ka ganda...  Kasi kung mag lalabas ka rin ng 140k diba?  Hehehe.    :-)

leofelismino

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 05:58:38 AM »
isang plywood acoustic guitar......

nung natry ko un, 2 yrs bago ako naging interested ulit.... nung may natry me lumanog na super ganda ng tunog. spruce top siya!!! pero ung iba ewan kung ano na wood un... pero the spruce top and the low action made the difference

Offline GNOB29

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
Gibson LP at brand na ESP KH na models...

Pangarap ko magkaroon ng kahit alin dyan kaso sobra mahal parang di na praktikal to spend all my money... kasi mas may priority ko ngayon family ko  :cry:...
i already dispose here: Fender Strat 50th Anniversary Made in U.S, Fender Strat MIJ Reverse Headstock, Epiphone Firebird, Godin Acoustic, Octave OC2, XBOX 360.

My Gear: Hamer Vector, Fender Strat 57ri, Warlock and my Pedalboard...

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
hmmm... Fender american traditional strat, genesis series strat, at ibanez rg7420.

reasons:
1) i'm really not a strat guy
2) the ibanez was a mediocre sounding guitar (ironically, it's the guitar that i had which got the most gig exposure)

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »
A Hisonus 68 strat copy...

I hate that it sounded so damn good it was the best sounding strat that Ive ever heared played and owned!

It was so frustrating for me cause I couldnt play the damn thing! Its neck was just too big for my hands... Imagine trying to fret a Big Mac damn that U boat neck profile! My left hand always cramped out on the third set...

Had to sell that bad girl to Arie san na kaya napunta yun hmmm...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »
Some disappointing guitars:

1. Taylor Solidbody - I had high hopes for this one. After testing more than ten of these, all sounded AWFUL. Just buy a Gibson Faded Series Les Paul.

2. ESP Truckster - mostly aesthetics. Sounded so-so.

3. Suhr Antique Series Classic (the one at the Amp Shop) - looked vintage, sounded archaic. One of Suhr's lemons, I suppose.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »
Dean Vendetta 2.0

I tried out an orange one at JB Music about 2 years ago. I didn't know that much about electric guitars yet.. but it doesn't take an expert to see how sloppy that thing was built.

Sa malayo maganda siya, with the maple top (veneer?). It didn't sound too special.. "okay lang". But I noticed the inlay work was nasty. Ang daming excess glue sa gilid.

Instantly, I was turned off.

Hindi sa pag-promote.. but for roughly the same price, you're waaayy better off getting a Hamer SATF.