hulika

Author Topic: Ayos sa Tom Lee Hong Kong!  (Read 77314 times)

Saturn/Return

Re: Ayos sa Tom Lee Hong Kong!
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »
i might go there to see if they have stuff i cant get locally..

i've been there before(got a few rg's there)..what i was trying to say was i hope they have stuff i cant get in the us,

Hey Bryan! If you're flying to Asia soon and you want stuff you can't get from there, I would recommend you to try Tokyo instead of H.K.

You're truly blessed as everything under the sun is available there in the US, which is a bit unfortunate for us Pinoys. From food, to clothing, to medicines, to schooling, and many more up to the American Dream. I do remember in a past US trip, my jaw dropped when I saw the guitar stores you guys have there. Hands down to America. Tom Lee is certainly nothing as to compared to what you guys have in the US.

But back here in Asia, Tom Lee seems to be just enough to put a smile on our faces :-)

Saturn/Return

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »
OT..... I love chicken and ducks....
Satisfy the tummy before gas.....YUMMY :-D

Dave, you have to try the roast pork + roast duck combo too! Extremely mouth-watering for me when I used to eat pork!

Back to Tom Lee, as for me.. It's quite the opposite. After hours of trying out stuff/contemplating at Tom Lee and stepping out the door with words like "To buy or not to buy" lingering around my head, I never feel walking out empty handed as I make sure to satisfy and fill up my tummy in the restaurant just beside it after seeing all the GAS back in there :-)

Not really a fan of bursts, but here's what left me with GAS

Saturn/Return

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2010, 01:43:11 AM »

Sir, would you mind sharing specific directions?

Surely sir, though I rarely take the cab/taxi so I only remember the directions to the Tom Lee Wan Chai branch (Hong Kong side) via MTR coming from Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon side).

Take the MTR and go to Admiralty (red line) on the direction to Central (1 stop). Then switch to the blue line (direction Chai Wan) going to Wan Chai (1 stop).

Once you go up the escalators, turn right and just look for the exit that says "Lockheart Road". If I'm not mistaken I think it's exit C2. As soon as you're out of the station, make a right and just keep walking straight ahead. You will encounter a major intersection, just cross it and still go straight until you see "Novotel Century Hong Kong" which is beside Red Box Karaoke on your left. Once you see that hotel, make a left past it and you'll see Tom Lee on your right side which is approximately 20 meters from there.

The Tom Lee Wan Chai branch is much much smaller, but they always have different stocks as to what Cameron lane has compared to what they have. I always make sure to visit both branches whenever I have the opportunity to be in H.K. In the past (when I was a bit more hardcore), I remember I would go around 4-5 branches of Tom Lee just to compare stocks but in the end I have found that the Wan Chai branch is already the next best thing to Cameron Lane branch in terms of stocks.

Hope this helps and goodluck on your H.K. trip :-)

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2010, 06:48:54 AM »
nice strokes shirt, rob. nice guitars na din hehe

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 07:23:57 AM »

Hey Bryan! If you're flying to Asia soon and you want stuff you can't get from there, I would recommend you to try Tokyo instead of H.K.

You're truly blessed as everything under the sun is available there in the US, which is a bit unfortunate for us Pinoys. From food, to clothing, to medicines, to schooling, and many more up to the American Dream. I do remember in a past US trip, my jaw dropped when I saw the guitar stores you guys have there. Hands down to America. Tom Lee is certainly nothing as to compared to what you guys have in the US.

But back here in Asia, Tom Lee seems to be just enough to put a smile on our faces :-)

lol dont over hype it Rob, there are things like once in a blue moon that end up in tom lee, yeah i would like to go to japan but my fiancee cant go there yet :(, so gotta wait till her papers are done

there was one time i saw an all maple j.custom there and i wish i had the cash back then i would have bagged that thing it was used too around 20-25k pesos had some dents on the bottom horn but didnt matter to me,

Offline gelro

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
yup mgnda tlga tomlee dun ako bumili gaget ko nha me70 pero nha badtrip ako nung nag azk ako about dimarzio airnorton zbi nila wlng daw dimarzio nha airnorton [apple]........ok din za nelson piano company pag mga dimarzio pickup^^...za tom lee iza lng dimarzio nila nha cnbi za akin tone zone lng amf

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
yup mgnda tlga tomlee dun ako bumili gaget ko nha me70 pero nha badtrip ako nung nag azk ako about dimarzio airnorton zbi nila wlng daw dimarzio nha airnorton [apple]........ok din za nelson piano company pag mga dimarzio pickup^^...za tom lee iza lng dimarzio nila nha cnbi za akin tone zone lng amf

annay :|
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline emg

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »
hehe, ako nakabili ng ibanez s470 black, 2008 model, huling prod'n year ng korea,
nasa P16,800 sale kasi dun nun summer sept. malapit lang kami dun likod lang kami ng  
holiday inn tsim sha tsui, 5mins ko lang nilalakad going tom lee .

pero mura din sa
PARSON MUSIC sa whampoa, friend namin dun si mr. choi sale supervisor.
bumili ako ng fender custom TEXAS SPECIAL set of three nasa P4,280 lang at
seymour duncan PEARLY GATES PLUS BY FENDER nasa P2,900 lang panalo
jackpot nga ako, dapat bibilhin ko din yun fender '50s pick-up kaso kulang na pera ko.

very tempting talaga kapag nasa hongkong ka... araw araw pa naman eh dumadaan ko ako sa  
tom lee, then sat DJ kami sa radio station 11pm-12mn sa whampoa. next kong bibilhin yun
prestige ibanez s5470 ash, nasa P36k lang!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:37:01 PM by emg »

Offline spyroghyro

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2010, 07:45:03 PM »
Advisable ba na pumunta sa hongkong just to buy a Guitar woth P100K++? Or almost the same din magastos if you'll just buy it here? What about customs and additional charges/tax sa airport?

Offline emg

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
 mura sa hongkong bumili than here sa phil. yun SV5470 nasa P48k lang
dun sa tom lee sa audiophile P69k. so, ang layo ng diff. anyway, sa cebu pacific
20kg lang maximum baggage. sabihin mo lang personal things mo yun. sa akin hand
 carry ko lang then pa-assist ka na  lang sa counter personnel ng cebu pacific ng hongkong

Offline jopangan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »

Dave, you have to try the roast pork + roast duck combo too! Extremely mouth-watering for me when I used to eat pork!

NO GAS AGAIN!!! How much is that?

Offline emg

« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
my amp!

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
buti pa yung ibang airlines, hindi sila strict sa pagdala ng guitar  :lol:

Saturn/Return

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2010, 02:04:30 AM »
lol dont over hype it Rob, there are things like once in a blue moon that end up in tom lee, yeah i would like to go to japan but my fiancee cant go there yet :(, so gotta wait till her papers are done

there was one time i saw an all maple j.custom there and i wish i had the cash back then i would have bagged that thing it was used too around 20-25k pesos had some dents on the bottom horn but didnt matter to me,

Truth is stranger than fact :-)

PM replied Bryan

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »

Truth is stranger than fact :-)

PM replied Bryan

thanks rob

Offline mavsweep

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »
May dimarzio pickups kaya sila dun?

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »
May dimarzio pickups kaya sila dun?

Yes they have. Been there just two days ago. goodluck! Call em up first and ask what model you're looking for.

Saturn/Return

« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2010, 02:37:01 AM »
nice strokes shirt, rob. nice guitars na din hehe

Thanks Garret.. I wish they came home with me though..

NO GAS AGAIN!!! How much is that?

$HK 22. Pang tangal ng GAS ko ito :-)

Offline echo_ikaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
Thanks for bearing with my crappy digicam pics :-)

And the Jazzmaster you got to try as well :-)

NICE :-)

Offline mavsweep

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
Yes they have. Been there just two days ago. goodluck! Call em up first and ask what model you're looking for.

Thanks sir for the info... :-D Kala ko kasi wala eh, wala kasi dun sa site nila.. Magpapabili lang kasi ako sa friend ko, magkano kaya prices ng dimarzio dun?

Offline curlicue

« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Might be there on the last week of March/first week of April. Sayang wala silang EHX products! :-D

BTW, hindi ba mahaharang sa customs pag naguwi ka ng several pedals galing HK?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:38:03 PM by curlicue »
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline emg

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
hindi bro.

Offline curlicue

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
ah, nasagot na pala yung tanong ko hehe.

thanks!

sure? :-D *lol, ayaw pang maniwala eh* :lol:
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline emg

« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »
bumili ako ng ibanez S470 bnew sa tom lee, pag-uwi ko sabi ko sa counnter staff ng
hongkong aiport hand carry ko kasi expensive guitar yun di pwedeng check-in.
pagdating sa pinas ok naman

Offline ninevoltrhythm

« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »
up
successful transactions with:
wannabeguitarist|yjuangab|avatar|BossingBoss|Mondemonle|PLeSIM|spankyrigor|pao2pao16|PedalMax's Emil Murillo|G3MANIAC|drahcirnna24|andressito|Wheel|rockhouse|hahaha!