hulika

Author Topic: Who is OASGOMEZ and why does he exist?  (Read 33399 times)

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Who is OASGOMEZ and why does he exist?
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »
What do you guys think about this guy's motivation for his posts?  Seems like an Ed Roman type -- enjoys the "shock" value of making loud and bold comments, flaunts his wealth, treasures his budding relationships with American luthiers, etc.

Not sure though why the guy just can't post without pissing off the rest of the community.  There's something to be said about people like that.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:09:17 AM »
dont you think it makes our forum life more colorful? i respect everyones opinions, including his....but i find his very amusing, and you just got to love that...sometimes.

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:18:53 AM »
he and one of his minions are always trolling around PhilMusic, looking for people to flame...
soylent green is people.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »
there are a lot of people in the forums i go to acting this way. To be fair he aint that bad but a bit strong and passionate about what he thinks. 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »
It makes the site really colorful and interesting...

in Carvin.com BBS, we have one like him too....but the guy has moooore bowteeeek and geeetars though.....and he's white ...so you can understand why he prefers US stuff more.hahahahahaha
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Kulas

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:34:22 AM »
well, IMO and in fairness to mr. gomez, his posts are informative naman kahit papano. and matino naman sha makipag-debate. nothing wrong naman when you stand for what you believe in eh. lahat naman tayo may differing opinions on a lot of stuff. so for me, mr. gomez is an online lesson on respecting other people's opinions. at talagang may thread na about him ah, hehe.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:47:17 AM »
BOWTEEEEEEK!!!!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
oh i don't mind the existence... he does add color to an otherwise routine activity... medyo tindi lang ng dating... every forum has their own unique "oasgomez" in some ways...

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
kung ayaw nyo sa asal ng isang tao wag nyo nalang patulan :D
pero kung marami na napipinsala at nadadamay na inosente,  hindi solution ang pang gugulpi o kahit na anong parusa na mabubuhay pa sya...
ganun paman hindi tayo ang batas.

mag guitara nalang tayo...♫twataahtkweeengwe..khakweeeew!!! :D

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 11:15:20 AM »
Guys, in case it's annoying you as well, I apologize if it looks like I'm always right there in his case. Well, actually, that's not far from the truth. But rest assured, hindi ako naaasar sa kanya. Half the time, I'm just there to make fun of him, which has been unbelievably easy. Nakakakonsensya na. hahahaha!

The nice thing is that he can't pull off all the crap here like he did in livebands. Taking nothing away from that forum, mas marami ditong highly-informed active posters na alam kung papano himayin yung katotohanan sa mga myths.

and matino naman sha makipag-debate.

i disagree with this one, though. he either sidesteps issues where he's obviously being beaten or worse, fades to the background altogether. at least the rest of us have the decency to say, "ah, i see" or "that's a very good point."

and besides, it shouldn't always be about debates here. it should be about sharing information and learning from each other. like guitarman_222 said, Alex is about giving sermons and lectures. there's only either wrong info or his info. and when true info that conflicts with his info shows up... oooops, he's gone.  :lol:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 11:29:57 AM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
and besides, it shouldn't always be about debates here. it should be about sharing information and learning from each other. like guitarman_222 said, Alex is about giving sermons and lectures. there's only either wrong info or his info. and when true info that conflicts with his info shows up... oooops, he's gone.  :lol:
amen to that pareng Al :wink:

Offline tolits

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
Mga sir makasabat nang kaunti, alex is my friend and Im also the one responsible for bringing home some of his high end amps, as sir pallas said, he is really very passionate about what he writes, yun nga lang medyo confrontational yung attitude or words sometimes, pero siguro that's his way of expressing himself, pero if you meet and know him more in person, he really is a very nice guy. Fun to be with, generous, patient, giving, and funny. Kahit ako I dont share his opinions all the time.
Yun lang po mga ser, sana mas naintindihan niyo si alex. More power to all!!!!

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »
just think of it this way: There's one in every village... ;)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 11:54:26 AM »
Just food for thought guys... From personal experience, in terms of his communication style, oasgomez in the forums does not seem to match the oasgomez in person...  May pagka-troll ang style nya when he tries to make a point sa forums, but like other said, may nuggets of useful information and insights dun.  Just up to other people to agree w/ him, dispute his info, etc...  Pero dahil troll nga, kung mapipikon ka, ikaw ang talo. Sayang lang ang oras at stress mo.  

Of course, this is easier said than done.   :-)

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »
For some people, engaging in a forum like this is just an outlet or maybe a very small portion of who we are in real life. Sometimes we do need to get things out of our system. A break. And god bless the internet for that. Ako nga madalas balabal mga post ko but that doesnt mean I'm always like that in real life. I have a way too serious job that requires me to drill my brains out for 8-10 hours day for a living...I think/analyze a lot, but I like it. :)  In fact I could'nt think of any other job that I could be into that stimulates my mind like the one I have 8) ...so this is just an outlet for me.

..I mean some are really taking things waaaayyyy too seriously!  So chill out guys..:lol:

I mean this is the internet...Its like wearing a mask, be who you can be....So there's no need to analyze mr oasgomez...peace. 8)  

Ganito na lang...
"Ang pikon laging talo! Hoy Gising!" ---Korina Sanchez & Ted Failon.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ewan! may sense bako. :mrgreen:  :lol:
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »
I appreciate his posts because at least I have new key words to google and browse for myself. I know I won't be economically or geographically capable of searching for the names that he mentioned, much less listen to their amps/guitars and that is the main reason why I appreciate his sharing of info. The main problem I think is his rhetoric. Kumbaga:

Good Intentions, Bad Execution.

My 2 cents.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 12:07:46 PM »
your defense for alex is commendable. pero hindi naman puwedeng yung majority ng members na lang lagi ang nagbibigay ng effort para intindihin siya. he was already given a good amount of leeway by the members when he first came aboard. the backlash only started when a few members got fed up. with all due respect, sir lito. but you're asking us to give him special treatment, which no other troll (or member for that matter) has been given before.

maybe he should try adjusting to the rest of us for a change. if he is a really nice guy in person, dapat siguro wag na siya maging plastic dito sa forum.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:29 PM »
maybe Phil's avatar will give us some insight..... :mrgreen:
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »
Quote from: SDMF
For some people, engaging in a forum like this is just an outlet or maybe a very small portion of who we are in real life. Sometimes we do need to get things out of our system. A break. And god bless the internet for that. Ako nga madalas balabal mga post ko but that doesnt mean I'm always like that in real life. I have a way too serious job that requires me to drill my brains out for 8-10 hours day for a living...I think/analyze a lot, but I like it. :)  In fact I could'nt think of any other job that I could be into that stimulates my mind like the one I have 8) ...so this is just an outlet for me.

..I mean some are really taking things waaaayyyy too seriously!  So chill out guys..:lol:

I mean this is the internet...Its like wearing a mask, be who you can be....So there's no need to analyze mr oasgomez...peace. 8)  

Ganito na lang...
"Ang pikon laging talo! Hoy Gising!" ---Korina Sanchez & Ted Failon.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

unfortunately sir, we're in the philippines. "pakikitungo" is very important.
Surf's Up!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 12:17:32 PM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
just think of it this way: There's one in every village... ;)

... and "It takes a village... " ;-)

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 12:23:27 PM »
Quote from: glassjaw_jc

Ganito na lang...

unfortunately sir, we're in the philippines. "pakikitungo" is very important.

well, there you go. :lol:  

dude, nde hamak na mas matagal ako sa Pilipinas kesa dito, kaya alam ko na yan. relax lang! 8)  
oh man Im outta here! gears & music na lang mga guys. :wink:
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 12:32:47 PM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
your defense for alex is commendable. pero hindi naman puwedeng yung majority ng members na lang lagi ang nagbibigay ng effort para intindihin siya. he was already given a good amount of leeway by the members when he first came aboard. the backlash only started when a few members got fed up. with all due respect, sir lito. but you're asking us to give him special treatment, which no other troll (or member for that matter) has been given before.

maybe he should try adjusting to the rest of us for a change. if he is a really nice guy in person, dapat siguro wag na siya maging plastic dito sa forum.

well said, sir Al...

on my part, i wasn't and wouldn't defend Alex...  i was just suggesting how others can try to see where he's coming from para maiwasan ang maasar.... but i do agree 100% with you that he should try adjusting to the mores of the community, not the other way around.  

yeah, if he's really a good guy, bakit nga kaya kailangan pang mag-troll?  less credible ba kung friendly and agreeable ang source ng info?  a troll attitude usually tells people not to believe what the troll says so that would even be counter-intuitive to his objective (ie, to be seen as an expert).

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »

dude, nde hamak na mas matagal ako sa Pilipinas kesa dito, kaya alam ko na yan. relax lang! 8)  

oo, JC, kaaalis lang nyang si SDMF last year...  amoy Nawasa pa ang balat at buhok nyan ;-)

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 12:51:36 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim

oo, JC, kaaalis lang nyang si SDMF last year...  amoy Nawasa pa ang balat at buhok nyan ;-)

yebah! :)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »
guys ....excuse my being bisaya...

but what is "TROLL" ? (used in forums)

and Pakikitungo?