hulika

Author Topic: LF: HELP ON VIRUS  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Nes.

LF: HELP ON VIRUS
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
I have this virus which is stucked on my operating system itself. I need it removed but having my laptop reformatted is my very last option 'cause i got a lot of files to back-up (ex. my "on-going" thesis is there)...

Is there anyway to remove it aside from having it reformatted?.. or do i really need to do that to get rid of that virus?

D'you know any powerful antivirus out there which can help me?...

thanks in advance!  :-)
I can create time out of thin air...

Offline otihcisme

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: LF: HELP ON VIRUS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »
you should identify first what kind of virus hit you, then try to google on how to fix it.

the last time a big one got me, thats what i did. but after that my pc's performance slows down. still i did a reformat.

Offline frkuri

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
try mo kaspersky, update mo muna, then turn off system restore, (teka anu bang OS mo? kung windows xp, start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore>system restore settings, turn off)

scan mo sa safe mode ( press f5 bago mag boot pc mo, choose safe mode)

download spybot, install and update, do a complete scan.

goodluck :-)

Offline blueplata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »
yup, determine the name or the file name of the virus that attacked your system. once you get to know the name, google can basically give you the steps on how to remove it :wink:
The killer in me is the killer in you.- Disarm, Smashing Pumpkins

Offline Nes.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »
the virus already broke my laptop down with my very important files and my favorite games. thanks for my usb for helping me back-up my files before it went down. i already have my laptop reformatted.  :-D

thanks guys.  :-)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:23:39 PM by Nes. »
I can create time out of thin air...