hulika

Author Topic: John Frusciante's Solo Compilation Videos on youtube  (Read 1527 times)

Offline 30secondstoluigi

• Netizen Level
John Frusciante's Solo Compilation Videos on youtube
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »
Here's Part 1 and Part 2 of his great guitar solos. For me, he's the very god of psychedelic guitar solos. He doesn't use scaling that much.

PART 1

feature=rec-HM-fresh+div&fmt=18

PART 2

feature=related&fmt=18

Yeah! I hope these videos will make you set up your strat and effects. :D
Contact Details:
Mobile: 0927-490-4862
Yahoo! Messenger: aerotuazi_15

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: John Frusciante's Solo Compilation Videos on youtube
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
yep his approach is simple....wah wah abuser...minor pentatonic scale licks,lotsa repetition..

very reminiscent of Jimi Hendrix's playing whom John Frusciante would readily admit is a very, very big influence on his playing...for both rhythm and lead.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline slash59

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »
+1 ako jan..

i notice na paulit ulit lang yung licks nya tapos nung nag wah sya parang too much eh.. :|

pero he still rocks! :lol: :-D
Gears:Custom LP,epiphone les paul(tobaco burst),boss ds1,rocktron zombie distortion,boss dd3,
danelectro fab chorus,korg pitchblack tuner,BOSS CE-5 chorus ensemble,BOSS SD-1,vox wah,behringer EQ,ibanez tube screamer(moded),Mg30dfx amp,laney

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:56:01 PM »
keepvid!  :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline 30secondstoluigi

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »
Paulit ulit sya dahil it's his style. For my personal opinion, I pretty much prefer his soloing rather than the scale abusers and the shred abusers. It's like ROBOTIC. I mean, aren't you tired scaling? It's used over and over and my ears starts to bleed. His soloing is really good(JF's). It's his style to kick on his DS-2/Big Muff plus a CryBaby and go crazy with it. He has a big pedalboard but his dirt and wah makes his sound.
Contact Details:

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:18:19 AM »
sa 1:24 ng Part 1 ang ganda ng ginagawa nila ni flea for the Scartissue solo.. way cool. :)
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline 30secondstoluigi

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
For me. Everything is glorious.
Contact Details:

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 12:05:09 AM »
Paulit ulit sya dahil it's his style. For my personal opinion, I pretty much prefer his soloing rather than the scale abusers and the shred abusers. It's like ROBOTIC. I mean, aren't you tired scaling? It's used over and over and my ears starts to bleed. His soloing is really good(JF's). It's his style to kick on his DS-2/Big Muff plus a CryBaby and go crazy with it. He has a big pedalboard but his dirt and wah makes his sound.

Couldn't agree more.....I like John Frusciante....his solos and his music!!! I'm a fan..
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 06:46:34 AM »
Frusciante! Weird pero napakagaling...  :evil: